Who is the Bills Weakest Starter?

Irv

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wallace can't stay with his man.  Get's burned often.  That's on him, not the front 7.

Morse is a good choice too.  Most expensive C in the league when they bought him.  He's the 5th highest salary on the team!  Dud. 

Yeah Wallace gets burned more than any of the starters in the secondary.   I just remember how truly bad that position got when he was out with injury.   When he came back from injury it was an instant massive upgrade there.   That is what made me think he is probably not as bad as I thought he was prior to that.    

Get that defense a pass rush though and the number of times any defender gets smoked will decrease substantially.     Continue with the Bills non-existent passrush and whoever the weakest link is in that secondary (whether named Wallace or not) is going to get smoked a lot.   Right now that guy is Wallace because he is the weakest starter.   Wallace is still miles above the guys under him like Norman, Neal and Lewis in my opinion.   

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.87c3dd35e292d83f6623b2be53879973.jpeg
Too 'shiny'. 🤔

Looks like the gay guy in Key West who hit on me in my early 20’s wearing the same satin jacket, but his was pink.  I of course did the only sensible thing after 12 beers.  I told him my cousin was interested.  Then sat back and laughed the whole time while he Dealt with him.

my cousin after that at 4 am said, did you sick him on me?  ...  would I do that?  The dumb things you do on spring break.

1 Knox but I don't view him as that weak.

2 Wallace, honestly he seems to be so up and down. 

3 Addison, I think we will see improvement this year with Star back. I predict over 7.5 sacks.

Edited by MrSarcasm

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

As usual you bring nothing to the discussion.  No facts. No analysis. No point of view. Just attack others and question our fandom.  

I even agree with you on Wallace, but provide an argument. You can't just say he is on a championship team ( which isn’t even correct) and therefore he is good. How does that make any sense? 

Hey, the guy’s just a homer. No shame in that, but he’s probably disappointed that nobody started a “What jersey should I wear and what color should I paint my face” thread

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

No, I’m just really shocked so many folks think our roster is in dire need of replacement. We’re an excellent football team!

They are an excellent team. No one in this thread even hinted they weren't. The specific ask was who was the worst starter.  No one said they need to replace Allen or Diggs or Dawkins or Poyer or White. 

If Winters was still starting I'm sure he would have been called out as worst starter. There is a worst starter on every team. 

For whatever its worth, PFF has these grades on common suggestions:

1. M. Addison - 56.9

2. V. Butler - 56.1

3. Ike B. - 65.3

4. AJ Klein - 46.1

5. Tremaine Edmunds - 47.9

6. Cody Ford - 53.8

7. Levi Wallace - 60.1

8. Dawson Knox -  61.4

I think this aligns with reality. I think Edmunds is counted on in this defense, and he still isn't good. Occasionally, he guesses right and hits the hole and blows up a play. But largely he looks like he has marginal instincts. 

And Cody Ford has been a disappointment from the beginning. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree natural ability it is Levi. But production on the field there are a number giving us less. The other point on Levi is for the most parts he is giving then what they want from him. Keep things in front don't allow them to beat you over the top. So a lot of balls are completed on him but rarely is he beaten by a long ball. Which when they have tried others in his spot has been an issue. Getting a more talented CB2 to allow them to be a bit more aggressive on that side of the field will help the defense but Levi has played his role better than some more talented players in other spots have played theirs.

100% agree, these are the exact reason I said he is a solid professional, he does what is asked of him and he isnt a liability.  As you note they have tried other more 'talented' players who have not held up.  Getting someone for me has been a priority because it does allow more flexibilty and allows us to be more aggressive if we want.  Right now it almost feels like Frazier is calling the defense with that in mind, like he has at least one hand tied behind him, and he has to figure out how to mask our weaknesses more than he can play to our strengths.

21 hours ago, Irv said:

I trust Beane will go for the best player available in the draft.  We don't have a ton of holes.  But, if we were drafting for position to help in 2021, who would you want to replace with a RD1 pick?

Probably the guard opposite of Feliciano. Maybe Forest Lamp will be solid.

21 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

Cody Ford.

Dont consider Ford a starter

22 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

On defense - Edmunds - this board mostly doesn't want to accept it but he was terrible last year. I have gone back and re-watched all the games and focused on him.  He was just terrible.  He still takes terrible angles to the ball carrier, he wasn't that good in pass coverage, and it is not because the DL was letting him get blocked.  He just played really bad.  Go back and watch for yourself.  Watch him have his ankles broken by Cam Newton and give up a rushing TD on a scramble he should have stopped.  He did have a real nice goal line tackle and I saw one pass break up that was nice.  Other than that he was out of position, slow to respond, made tackles 8 or more yard downfield, and just not a difference maker.  I know there is an entire thread devoted to Edmunds but the question was asked who is the weakest starter.  Even Addison contributed more than Edmunds last year.   

On offense - I would tend to agree with the board and say it is Ford.  However Feliciano didn't play particularly well either.   Morse is terrible in run blocking.  Ford didn't play well in either run or pass before getting hurt. He has about 8 to 10 games before he becomes a bust.  

Ba ha ha ha ha  Terrible players don't make it to the pro bowl.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1