Who is the Bills Weakest Starter?

Irv

8 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I think I case can be made for Singletary, Knox, Ford, Feliciano, Butler, Addison, or Wallace as it currently stands. 

I like you’re lost as I was going to type a similar one, but unknowns fir me are Ford and Butler.  Ford hasn’t had a full year without going out for IR at LG, his natural position since HS.  Butler was forced into a 1 tech DT, when he was brought in to rotate with Oliver as a 3 tech.

Spot on for the others.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

100% agree (well 95%...  yes Oliver is playing a lot better). Levi can be upgraded for sure but he isn't top 5 in terms of our worst starters for me. 

In 2020 the worst play we got was hands down our starters at the 1T. I know they get Star back this year but, as I have said before and stick with, we shouldn't just assume he steps straight back in at 31 and a year out of football and plays at the decent middle of the league level he did previously. 

So until proven otherwise our worst starter is at 1T. After that I'd go Knox, Ford, Addison and whichever of the two plodders is lined up in the backfield before I get to Levi. 

While I agree that the 1T play was weak due to Star missing and some other guys playing out of position, I think you’re missing the point.  Shouldn’t a one shouldered 22 year old MLB playing in a scheme that often has only two LBs on the field be able to call the plays, and fill all 4 gaps created by the lack of a 1T while simultaneously covering Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill?  If not, shouldn’t we be looking for his replacement stat?  This role should be easy to fill with any of 100 yet to be named guys from the draft or free agency.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I think I case can be made for Singletary, Knox, Ford, Feliciano, Butler, Addison, or Wallace as it currently stands. 

Jesus H!  Any of you even watch Bills games?? The team won 13 f’n games last season against a league recognized very formidable schedule! Turn in your Fan cards! All y’all!

8 hours ago, FireChans said:

Cody Ford who some how gets the opportunity to bust at every single position on the Bills before we will cut his ass.

Ridiculous post, yet again from you. Quite the reputation you have!🤦‍♂️

8 hours ago, mushypeaches said:

It's Wallace all day. 

He's done great for being an UDFA but it's easy to tell that his talent level isn't enough to make his starting position sustainable long-term

Right, cuz being the STARTER on a Championship team is zero proof an UDFA is any good.. smfh

8 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

On defense - Edmunds - this board mostly doesn't want to accept it but he was terrible last year. I have gone back and re-watched all the games and focused on him.  He was just terrible.  He still takes terrible angles to the ball carrier, he wasn't that good in pass coverage, and it is not because the DL was letting him get blocked.  He just played really bad.  Go back and watch for yourself.  Watch him have his ankles broken by Cam Newton and give up a rushing TD on a scramble he should have stopped.  He did have a real nice goal line tackle and I saw one pass break up that was nice.  Other than that he was out of position, slow to respond, made tackles 8 or more yard downfield, and just not a difference maker.  I know there is an entire thread devoted to Edmunds but the question was asked who is the weakest starter.  Even Addison contributed more than Edmunds last year.   

On offense - I would tend to agree with the board and say it is Ford.  However Feliciano didn't play particularly well either.   Morse is terrible in run blocking.  Ford didn't play well in either run or pass before getting hurt. He has about 8 to 10 games before he becomes a bust.  

Just go away.. is everyone on the Left Coast stoned??

• Haha (+1) 4

8 hours ago, DCbillsfan said:

Wallace but not sure they use Rd 1 to get his replacement.  

I agree. One of the good things about the zone heavy scheme that the Bills play is that they don't have to spend a lot of money on elite CBs. They already have White, so if they draft another top player then it would just be a rental until his rookie contract is up. No way would they keep both White and another elite CB. So I wouldn't see him as the "long term starter" Beane is talking about.

Edited by vincec

51 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Jesus H!  Any of you even watch Bills games?? The team won 13 f’n games last season against a league recognized very formidable schedule! Turn in your Fan cards! All y’all!

Assuming you’re being sarcastic? 

Unless you think you can make a strong case for Allen, Diggs, Sanders, Beasley, Dawkins, Morse, Williams, Hughes, Oliver, White, Poyer, or Hyde?

9 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

On defense - Edmunds - this board mostly doesn't want to accept it but he was terrible last year. I have gone back and re-watched all the games and focused on him.  He was just terrible.  He still takes terrible angles to the ball carrier, he wasn't that good in pass coverage, and it is not because the DL was letting him get blocked.  He just played really bad.  Go back and watch for yourself.  Watch him have his ankles broken by Cam Newton and give up a rushing TD on a scramble he should have stopped.  He did have a real nice goal line tackle and I saw one pass break up that was nice.  Other than that he was out of position, slow to respond, made tackles 8 or more yard downfield, and just not a difference maker.  I know there is an entire thread devoted to Edmunds but the question was asked who is the weakest starter.  Even Addison contributed more than Edmunds last year.   

On offense - I would tend to agree with the board and say it is Ford.  However Feliciano didn't play particularly well either.   Morse is terrible in run blocking.  Ford didn't play well in either run or pass before getting hurt. He has about 8 to 10 games before he becomes a bust.  

I think you point it out, it’s his instincts.

This is like the Sammy Watkins blind spot. Cannot accept that he is not an impact player. He fills a starting role and would leave a hole when he leaves, but he there is no impact there.

You keep waiting for this explosion that never comes.

Otherwise I agree, it’s Ford. He hasn’t been able to crack the lineup on talent from the start, and now the injuries are piling up and sapping his ability further.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

It's true, I don't want to accept this, about Edmunds.

I also don't want to accept that the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, that the moon is made of green cheese, that the moon landing and 9/11 are hoaxes or that the Martians are coming.

Sometimes there are really really really good reasons people don't want to accept things, and your view about Edmunds is one of those times.

Anyway, as we know things to be now, Knox. He's young, though, and hopefully improving. Levi is my #2.

At first I thought this thread was kind dumb but reading the responses it’s grown on me. I think the weakest spot in the lineup was whoever they thought was playing the opposite DE from Jerry Hughes. Can anyone even name him? We need a pass rush! 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

At first I thought this thread was kind dumb but reading the responses it’s grown on me. I think the weakest spot in the lineup was whoever they thought was playing the opposite DE from Jerry Hughes. Can anyone even name him? We need a pass rush! 

We platoon on the DL. Addison starts there most, I think, without looking at snaps or anything. But the platoon means I didn't want to put anybody from the DL as nominee here.

Agreed we need a serious pass rusher on the other side, certainly.

Edited by Thurman#1

4 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

We platoon on the DL. Addison starts there most, I think, without looking at snaps or anything. But the platoon means I didn't want to put anybody from the DL as nominee here.

Agreed we need a serious pass rusher on the other side, certainly.

The reason they ‘platoon’ is because the starter is not capable of playing his position. Insert the word platoon at QB and see if it sounds as nice. 😉

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

I would say Wallace, but his job is harder than Knox's.....so, Knox.

Wallace is the weakest link in an excellent secondary in my opinion.  But, I think the guy would get a lot of picks (maybe even lead the team in picks) if this defense had any pass rush at all.   I say that because of how often he gets targeted.   He's not a better player than the other guys, thus he gets picked on more.    Get a pass rush out there and he gets more ducks and inaccurate balls thrown his way.

So defense I collectively vote (Hughes, Butler, Addison, Oliver).     If those same four were to start this year, my guess is Hughes would actually end up being the weakest link.   His play is rapidly declining.

Offense - I agree Knox.  I say that because of his inconsistency - drops too many catchable balls.   If he had better hands he would be a star on this team.

Offensive runner up = Mitch Morse

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Ridiculous post, yet again from you. Quite the reputation you have!🤦‍♂️

Right, cuz being the STARTER on a Championship team is zero proof an UDFA is any good.. smfh

Just go away.. is everyone on the Left Coast stoned??

As usual you bring nothing to the discussion.  No facts. No analysis. No point of view. Just attack others and question our fandom.  

I even agree with you on Wallace, but provide an argument. You can't just say he is on a championship team ( which isn’t even correct) and therefore he is good. How does that make any sense? 

• Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

Wallace is the weakest link in an excellent secondary in my opinion.  But, I think the guy would get a lot of picks (maybe even lead the team in picks) if this defense had any pass rush at all.   I say that because of how often he gets targeted.   He's not a better player than the other guys, thus he gets picked on more.    Get a pass rush out there and he gets more ducks and inaccurate balls thrown his way.

So defense I collectively vote (Hughes, Butler, Addison, Oliver).     If those same four were to start this year, my guess is Hughes would actually end up being the weakest link.   His play is rapidly declining.

Offense - I agree Knox.  I say that because of his inconsistency - drops too many catchable balls.   If he had better hands he would be a star on this team.

Offensive runner up = Mitch Morse

Wallace can't stay with his man.  Get's burned often.  That's on him, not the front 7.

Morse is a good choice too.  Most expensive C in the league when they bought him.  He's the 5th highest salary on the team!  Dud. 

• Like (+1) 1