Who is the Bills Weakest Starter?

Irv

Addison, Know, Singletary/Moss, Morse

I am surprised that people are crapping on Feliciano, when the line play improved vastly when he came back from from injury. Frankly, Ford looked at home at guard as well, but Morse gets absolutely no push on the line. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

On defense - Edmunds - this board mostly doesn't want to accept it but he was terrible last year. I have gone back and re-watched all the games and focused on him.  He was just terrible.  He still takes terrible angles to the ball carrier, he wasn't that good in pass coverage, and it is not because the DL was letting him get blocked.  He just played really bad.  Go back and watch for yourself.  Watch him have his ankles broken by Cam Newton and give up a rushing TD on a scramble he should have stopped.  He did have a real nice goal line tackle and I saw one pass break up that was nice.  Other than that he was out of position, slow to respond, made tackles 8 or more yard downfield, and just not a difference maker.  I know there is an entire thread devoted to Edmunds but the question was asked who is the weakest starter.  Even Addison contributed more than Edmunds last year.   

On offense - I would tend to agree with the board and say it is Ford.  However Feliciano didn't play particularly well either.   Morse is terrible in run blocking.  Ford didn't play well in either run or pass before getting hurt. He has about 8 to 10 games before he becomes a bust.  

I’d be looking to draft his replacement ASAP. 

1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Wallace no brainer 

Wallace really gets a raw deal. 

Is Cordy Ford *PLAYING* better than Wallace ?

Is Ike Boetinger *PLAYING* better than Wallace ?

Are the two RBs playing better than Wallace ? 

DL -  Addison,  Oliver, Phillips -   Are all these players playing better than Wallace 

We have a bunch of players that are not strength of the team. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Irv said:

I trust Beane will go for the best player available in the draft.  We don't have a ton of holes.  But, if we were drafting for position to help in 2021, who would you want to replace with a RD1 pick?

I believe we'll go corner at #30 Asante Samuel Jr. perhaps? And I think we trade up in round 2 to select a pass rusher, maybe Ronnie Perkins.

The RBs

Knox

Addison

Morse

Wallace

In that order, weakest at the top, imo.

I think Beane will go CB at #30. Not based just on need, but because that will likely be the position with BPA as well. And while I think Wallace isnt the worst of the bunch, getting some 1st round talent in there at CB2 would have the biggest impact as well. Most bang for our buck.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

37 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

On defense - Edmunds - this board mostly doesn't want to accept it but he was terrible last year. I have gone back and re-watched all the games and focused on him.  He was just terrible.  He still takes terrible angles to the ball carrier, he wasn't that good in pass coverage, and it is not because the DL was letting him get blocked.  He just played really bad.  Go back and watch for yourself.  Watch him have his ankles broken by Cam Newton and give up a rushing TD on a scramble he should have stopped.  He did have a real nice goal line tackle and I saw one pass break up that was nice.  Other than that he was out of position, slow to respond, made tackles 8 or more yard downfield, and just not a difference maker.  I know there is an entire thread devoted to Edmunds but the question was asked who is the weakest starter.  Even Addison contributed more than Edmunds last year.   

On offense - I would tend to agree with the board and say it is Ford.  However Feliciano didn't play particularly well either.   Morse is terrible in run blocking.  Ford didn't play well in either run or pass before getting hurt. He has about 8 to 10 games before he becomes a bust.  

I'm not sure if Edmunds is the worst starter but I feel like he is over-rated and wouldn't mind seeing Beane trade him before Edmunds starts to discuss a big contract.  To answer OP's question... Cody Ford has done the least so that is my vote

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Yeah the linebacker that’s been named to pro bowl’s and has had player of the week awards is the week part of the defense

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I’ll go with......Last year it was the 12th Man! 

Seriously, I hope that is a real advantage we have this year that didn’t exist last year. I hope Josh is just “reasonably inspired”.  Not too much Hero Ball with a jacked up crowd.

1 hour ago, just1hugheser said:

Ford hasnt proved anything yet, and technically might not even be a starter.

Knox is inconsistent but flashes, if he can put it together he'll be an asset.

Wallace is definitely the least talented I'll say that but he is a solid professional.

I expect Lamp to make a push on LG.  

• Like (+1) 2

JHC !!!    Look at this list  ..https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/category/rushing/2020/REG/all/rushingyards/desc ...  and look at who and what team the 27th f'ing leading rushers is in the NFL.   It is the leading rusher of the Buffalo Bills.   GET A F'king clue !!!   And this is with the defences playing stop the pass 98%+ of the time.  "What ????? the Bills did a running play???  Is that legal??? ................. ................ An okay, short ranged chugger is going to get some yards against spread defences because the safeties and LB are playing deep zones, and they can afford an ocassional 4 yard run and a rare 15 yard run.  (Rah rah).  ............. .....................  We need a guy with wheels and open field moves so that the LB and safeties and defensive linemen have to worry about the RB getting loose.

Edited by maryland-bills-fan
  • Vomit 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I expect Lamp to make a push on LG.  

Yea I think he has a real shot as well, Feliciano could end up being the swing/depth guy or takes over for Morse who gets traded lol.

But seriously it could be Ford at one guard spot and Lamp at the other, really whoever steps up and wants it.  I expect us to bring in a Dickerson/Humphrey type somewhere in the draft too.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, ganesh said:

Wallace really gets a raw deal. 

Is Cordy Ford *PLAYING* better than Wallace ?

Is Ike Boetinger *PLAYING* better than Wallace ?

Are the two RBs playing better than Wallace ? 

DL -  Addison,  Oliver, Phillips -   Are all these players playing better than Wallace 

We have a bunch of players that are not strength of the team. 

100% agree (well 95%...  yes Oliver is playing a lot better). Levi can be upgraded for sure but he isn't top 5 in terms of our worst starters for me. 

In 2020 the worst play we got was hands down our starters at the 1T. I know they get Star back this year but, as I have said before and stick with, we shouldn't just assume he steps straight back in at 31 and a year out of football and plays at the decent middle of the league level he did previously. 

So until proven otherwise our worst starter is at 1T. After that I'd go Knox, Ford, Addison and whichever of the two plodders is lined up in the backfield before I get to Levi. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

3 hours ago, just1hugheser said:

Wallace is definitely the least talented I'll say that but he is a solid professional.

Agree natural ability it is Levi. But production on the field there are a number giving us less. The other point on Levi is for the most parts he is giving then what they want from him. Keep things in front don't allow them to beat you over the top. So a lot of balls are completed on him but rarely is he beaten by a long ball. Which when they have tried others in his spot has been an issue. Getting a more talented CB2 to allow them to be a bit more aggressive on that side of the field will help the defense but Levi has played his role better than some more talented players in other spots have played theirs.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1