Gabriel Davis - Post TD Celebration

10 hours ago, HOUSE said:

beach day GIF

Where is my Kama sutra oil.., damn it...

• Haha (+1) 1

On 4/22/2021 at 11:19 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Eh he secures it very cleanly.. and then acts like he's been there before

I crossed the goal line and I dropped the football or handed it to the ref if he was next to me.. act like you've been there and then go out and do it again

Sorry I’m not picking on you specifically, but my question is why? Isn’t this supposed to be entertainment? Aren’t these guys supposed to be having fun? It’s one of the few times the NFL lets these guys show some personality-I just think the whole “act like you’ve been there before” trope is so boring and played out. If they want to hand the ball to the ref, cool...but if they want to celebrate, let them celebrate 

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Sorry I’m not picking on you specifically, but my question is why? Isn’t this supposed to be entertainment? Aren’t these guys supposed to be having fun? It’s one of the few times the NFL lets these guys show some personality-I just think the whole “act like you’ve been there before” trope is so boring and played out. If they want to hand the ball to the ref, cool...but if they want to celebrate, let them celebrate 

I personally don't judge players that celebrate

It was just my style that I picked up after Thurman

If you want to celebrate go for it, it is entertainment

On 4/22/2021 at 6:56 PM, WhoTom said:

Taking two steps (i.e. the football move) while in possession of the ball completes the catch.

200.gif

Ya gotta give me 3 steps, mister.....

On 4/22/2021 at 11:19 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Eh he secures it very cleanly.. and then acts like he's been there before

I crossed the goal line and I dropped the football or handed it to the ref if he was next to me.. act like you've been there and then go out and do it again

Exactly - then celebrate with those who helped you make it happen.

53 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Celebrate when you’ve won, or the game is in hand, not before that, a fist pump etc for a good play/score sure, that’s to be expected, but it’s the celebrating like you’ve won after an interception or TD when you’re still losing the game, that’s pretty freakin pathetic, is it a good play? Hell Yes, celebrate like you’ve won? Hell no..., jmo. 

On 4/22/2021 at 9:11 AM, ChevyVanMiller said:

Great throws with some absolutely amazing catches. 

I was reminded of 3 things watching this video:

1) I'm going to miss John Brown. He didn't get to play as much this season, but he still made an impact & I'll miss him.

2) It's easy to see why the coaches still like Knox. He can be annoyingly frustrating, but he also makes some stupid catches many other TE's wouldn't.

3) Still feels refreshing seeing so many receptions by WR's. Wasn't long ago our QB just wanted to checkdown to the RB or TE as his first look. Gone are the days of our RB leading the team in receptions.

On 4/22/2021 at 10:11 AM, ChevyVanMiller said:

This is a great video of Josh’s best throws from last season. In watching it I was reminded of something that occurred to me a few times during games last fall. After he catches a TD, Gabriel Davis drops the ball quicker than any WR that I’ve ever watched. It’s almost as if he’s playing an imaginary game of “Hot Potato” with himself.

I worried on a few occasions that the TD would be nullified due to the NFL’s overly-complex “what constitutes a catch” rules.

Did anyone else also think that maybe he should hold onto the ball for an extra second or two just to be safe?

I'm not so worried about that as him pulling a DeSean Jackson prior to the goal line.