Could Perdue’s WR Rondale Moore be a good future successor to Beasley?

I would definitely take him in the 2nd if he's there. Beasley is 32 and Sanders is on a one year deal and is 34. We have to assume that one of our starters gets injured at some point. It seems like we're stacked at the position right now, but the Bills lined up with 3 or more receivers 86% of the time (most in the league) so depth is mandatory for our offense to function. If we don't draft a receiver it just means they have a lot of faith in Mckenzie to step up.

Edited by Allen2Diggs
Typo
  • Agree 3

Anyone saying 4th or lower is talking nonsense. He's a 2nd Rounder on most boards and I don't see him falling much further than early 3rd. Wouldn't shock me in the slightest if we took him in the late 2nd if he's there to replace John Brown's speed and Andre Roberts Kick Returns, in the short term.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 2

The two strongest position groups on our team are QB and WR.

It would be really tough for me to get behind the Bills drafting a guy at #30, who would be a slot only guy and playing his rookie year as #5 on the depth chart.  Not to mention that it would signal to Cole Beasley (who just had a career-year) that 2021 is his last year with the team, and his services are no longer needed.

Don't forget how important culture is to this roster.  If you are worried about age eventually catching up to Beasley, grab a developmental guy in the later rounds who can maybe take his place in 2-3 seasons.  A first rounder is basically saying that we don't want him anymore.

In my opinion, Buffalo's best chance at surpassing the Kansas City Chiefs is by finding a way to slow down their offense.  Our team was #2 in scoring and #2 in yards last year.  Unlike on the defensive side of the ball, there isn't a lot of room to get better on offense.  Unless one of the top talents unexpectedly falls, I would be disappointed if our primary targets aren't at Edge Rusher or Cornerback.  And if BPA isn't matching up with those positions at #30, that would be the time to trade-up or trade-down.

9 hours ago, The Governor said:

We wouldn’t need to replace him if Josh stopped hanging him out to dry 3-4 times a game. I’ll be shocked if he makes it all the way through next season.

That guy ^^^

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

The school I went to was called “Purdue.”

No chickens.

I was waiting for someone to say it! I’ve got two brothers and a uncle who attended Purdue. (Whereas I chose the good school two hours to the west. 😉)

1 hour ago, mjt328 said:

It would be really tough for me to get behind the Bills drafting a guy at #30, who would be a slot only guy and playing his rookie year as #5 on the depth chart.  Not to mention that it would signal to Cole Beasley (who just had a career-year) that 2021 is his last year with the team, and his services are no longer needed.

Don't forget how important culture is to this roster.  If you are worried about age eventually catching up to Beasley, grab a developmental guy in the later rounds who can maybe take his place in 2-3 seasons.  A first rounder is basically saying that we don't want him anymore.

In my opinion, Buffalo's best chance at surpassing the Kansas City Chiefs is by finding a way to slow down their offense.  Our team was #2 in scoring and #2 in yards last year.  Unlike on the defensive side of the ball, there isn't a lot of room to get better on offense.  Unless one of the top talents unexpectedly falls, I would be disappointed if our primary targets aren't at Edge Rusher or Cornerback.  And if BPA isn't matching up with those positions at #30, that would be the time to trade-up or trade-down.

At #30 you select BPA with slight nod to need. Beasley, by NFL standards is not young. I am not saying the Bills should look to replace him nor am I in favor of Moore. You look to build through the draft.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

At #30 you select BPA with slight nod to need. Beasley, by NFL standards is not young. I am not saying the Bills should look to replace him nor am I in favor of Moore. You look to build through the draft.

BPA makes sense in tiers.

At #30, you shouldn't pass on a guy you have marked as a Top 10 talent, just because of greater need at a different position.

But you also don't neglect need just because the WR is #28 on your board, and the CB is ranked #29. 

As stated, I'm not a fan of taking a WR at #30.  But if Ja'Marr Chase, Jaylen Waddle or Devonte Smith fall to us, then I'm racing to the podium and taking a WR.

The highest I've seen Rondale Moore ranked is around the #20-25 area, and most seem to have him ranked in the mid-2nd Round.  Unless the Bills scouts see something nobody else in the football world does, I don't see any reason how Moore could possibly be a significant BPA at #30.  

I posted something like this a few weeks ago and ran into some disagreements.  (one guy posted to avoid anybody I recommended, which I took personally.) 

His injury history is the biggest concern.  But he gets a lot of attention from the pundits....due to his natural talent, strength, and potential.  4.29 speed, squats 600.  Elusive.  If he is healthy he will be a star.

50 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I was waiting for someone to say it! I’ve got two brothers and a uncle who attended Purdue. (Whereas I chose the good school two hours to the west. 😉)

I come on here just to learn...  spelling , grammar, first and foremost.. The Bills?.. secondary .. 

2 hours ago, mjt328 said:

WR is a strong position for maybe one more year. You reload, or else next year you have to pay 15M a year to replace Sanders, which we probably do not have. You draft a WR and keep this train rolling.

• Agree 2

I’d be up for it. Not that I think we should go all James Hardy trying to chase the next Plaxico Burress, but if healthy, Moore could be our Tyler Lockett/Tyreek Hill-type player. Like it or not, we need more team speed. Particularly, on offense. This guy has that. #30 may be a little high with his injury history, but there’s no denying his talent. No matter which position we take, the 30th pick isn’t coming without risk. If Beane decides he’s good with it, then I’m game. 

42 minutes ago, The Governor said:

There were quite a few times last season where I thought Beasley’s head was going to come clean off. 

Better ball placement on those throws please. Thank you.

Every team in the league, pretty much every game played, Thank you. 

1 hour ago, TC in St. Louis said:

I posted something like this a few weeks ago and ran into some disagreements.  (one guy posted to avoid anybody I recommended, which I took personally.) 

His injury history is the biggest concern.  But he gets a lot of attention from the pundits....due to his natural talent, strength, and potential.  4.29 speed, squats 600.  Elusive.  If he is healthy he will be a star.

To be fair, OP is one of the other people I named when I said I would avoid anyone you guys recommend and here he is advocating that we draft someone from one of the nation's largest producers of poultry.  I suppose, great minds think alike?  I forget how the rest of that goes.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, mjt328 said:

The Raiders beat the Chiefs by out scoring them. A dynamic EDGE rusher would help. I believe a Geno Atkins/Fletcher Cox type would help this defense get after the QB too. I believe had the Bills had another threat opposite Diggs, they would’ve beaten the Chiefs. In those Raiders games, Waller/Aghelor/Jacobs gave the Chiefs problems. 

The value at 30 could very well be "playmaker".  

At least one of Etienne, Harris, Williams will likely be there at RB

At least one of Toney, Moore, Moore will likely be there at WR.  

I'd go Toney, but would be fine with any of the 3 WR's.  

Diggs is the #1 for the foreseeable future, but Gabriel Davis needs to prove he has staying power (which I think he does) and then we have two older WR's in Cole/Sanders.   McKenzie is solid depth, but a guy like Kadarius Toney can make an impact immediately, and be a building block for the future.  

21 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

To be fair, OP is one of the other people I named when I said I would avoid anyone you guys recommend and here he is advocating that we draft someone from one of the nation's largest producers of poultry.  I suppose, great minds think alike?  I forget how the rest of that goes.

Yeah, well....I agree that drafting a person based on the three cone drill of a chicken is not advisable.  They are pretty elusive little bastards, though.