Buffalo Bills Bills ‘absolutely in conversation’ to play Buccaneers in NFL opener

HOUSE

15 minutes ago, mannc said:

It would be nice to not play in Tampa on opening night.  September games in Florida are especially tough because of the weather... 

I was gonna say the same - gonna be BRUTAL hot and humid down here in the beginning of September......

1 hour ago, Buftex said:

Remember the days, not so long ago, where the release of the schedule was one of the most exciting days of the season for us?  

I remember when it was released and you didn't know about it until you got the morning newspaper.

I also remember that you didn't have to wait this long for the schedule to be announced.

It's nice that the Bills are "in the conversation" for the Kickoff Game, but it's going to be Dallas. I just don't see the NFL or the networks wanting to start the season with an AFC Vs. NFC game.

Two reasons why the Bills won't be the seasons opening game.

1. The league doesn't want Brady losing week 1

2. The league needs its yearly opening week game of the Bills vs the Jets

My guess is Famous Jameis and his Saints vs his former team, the Bucs, and his awesomeness Tom Brady.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, frostbitmic said:

Two reasons why the Bills won't be the seasons opening game.

1. The league doesn't want Brady losing week 1

2. The league needs its yearly opening week game of the Bills vs the Jets

My guess is Famous Jameis and his Saints vs his former team, the Bucs, and his awesomeness Tom Brady.

Might as well open up against our "friends" in green and white. I like starting the year 1-0.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Might as well open up against our "friends" in green and white. I like starting the year 1-0.

ugh.  that means at least a couple months of hot takes by the smooth brains in the media about the jets surprising the Bills

I'd prefer to NOT play Tampa in week 1.  As noted above, the weather won't do the Bills any favors.  Also, while the Bills have a good chance to win this game, Tampa is the SB Champ for a reason and they are obviously among the best teams in the league.  The Bills could lose the game.  I'd hate to start off the season in the hole.  I'd rather pay a weaker team like the Jests, get to 1-0 and get into a groove before playing Tampa later in the season.  It's a long season, so there's plenty of time for prime time....

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, HOUSE said:

image.png.b1beb7edf5aff380e231ccf2c6f8543a.png

By Matt Parrino | mparrino@nyup.com

Last season was the first time Buffalo Bills fans didn’t have to watch their team play against Tom Brady at least once in a season this century.

But that will change in 2021 when the Bills travel to play the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. When will the game be? NFL VP of Broadcast Planning said on the “Sal Sports and Stuff” podcast that Buffalo is “absolutely in the conversation” to play the Tampa in the NFL season kickoff game.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2021/04/bills-absolutely-in-conversation-to-play-super-bowl-champion-buccaneers-in-nfl-opener-says-schedule-maker.html

If they lose I guess it'll be a wash considering we play Washington the last game.

13 hours ago, HOUSE said:

image.png.b1beb7edf5aff380e231ccf2c6f8543a.png

By Matt Parrino | mparrino@nyup.com

Last season was the first time Buffalo Bills fans didn’t have to watch their team play against Tom Brady at least once in a season this century.

But that will change in 2021 when the Bills travel to play the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. When will the game be? NFL VP of Broadcast Planning said on the “Sal Sports and Stuff” podcast that Buffalo is “absolutely in the conversation” to play the Tampa in the NFL season kickoff game.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2021/04/bills-absolutely-in-conversation-to-play-super-bowl-champion-buccaneers-in-nfl-opener-says-schedule-maker.html

Gonna be Dallas...this has Bucs Cowboys written all over it but would not be surprised if like Bills Chiefs rematch was the Sunday night game 

9 hours ago, msw2112 said:

I'd prefer to NOT play Tampa in week 1.  As noted above, the weather won't do the Bills any favors.  Also, while the Bills have a good chance to win this game, Tampa is the SB Champ for a reason and they are obviously among the best teams in the league.  The Bills could lose the game.  I'd hate to start off the season in the hole.  I'd rather pay a weaker team like the Jests, get to 1-0 and get into a groove before playing Tampa later in the season.  It's a long season, so there's plenty of time for prime time....

Bills Chiefs rematch calling it for Sunday Night week 1