Just woke up from a nightmare.,,,,the Bills drafted Jason Oweh

NewEra

Would you approve of drafting Oweh @30  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Would you approve of drafting Oweh @30

• Yes- the dude is a freak and sometimes you have to roll the dice on elite traits
    • No- I’d be pissed
    • Meh, indifferent. Don’t love the player but understand rolling the dice on elite traits

• NewEra changed the title to Just woke up from a nightmare.,,,,the Bills drafted Jason Oweh
4 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Didn’t like the existing Oweh thread?  Or the existing “tell us about your most recent nightmare” thread?

No, the Oweh thread doesn’t have a poll.

I have no idea about the other thread you speak of.  Does it have a poll about jason oweh?  

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

The Bills traded up with the Jets and took Jason Oweh.  Ugh.

Traded up for the ultra athletic Qb Josh Allen

Traded up for ultra athletic LB Tremaine Edmunds.

Drafted the ultra athletic DT Ed Oliver.

Our biggest need is a dominant pass rusher.

Oweh is without question the most athletic freak at DE.  Jaelen Phillips could also be the pick due to his athleticism.  

What are your thoughts on drafting Jason Oweh?

I voted indifferent.  I think it would probably be a waste of the pick but i can’t help but think “what if he finds his potential”.  We’d have our Josh Allen on D.  If I had to bet, he turns out to be a bum.  I’d predict that his ceiling will eventually turn out to be on par with Bruce Irvin at his best.  

I really hope he’s not the pick, but the upside would get me excited if he is the pick.  I’d be really fired up to watch him play and watch his progression.....hopefully 

I don't know if there is a more controversial position in this year's draft than edge?   

One man's trash is another's treasure...

Depends what we gave up to move up. I like Oweh.

The lack of sacks is a lazy analysis thrown around here.

I saw a play where he immediately and violently pushed the Ohio State LT(1st round prospect for 2022) back into Fields, but the QB had a quick read and got the ball out before the sack could be collected. 

I think he will be a good to great player. The only issue I see is that he’s an older prospect so if he starts out slow he won’t have the age excuse Edmunds is still getting. 

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

Oweh is without question the most athletic freak at DE.  Jaelen Phillips could also be the pick due to his athleticism.  

I voted indifferent.  I think it would probably be a waste of the pick but i can’t help but think “what if he finds his potential”.  We’d have our Josh Allen on D.  If I had to bet, he turns out to be a bum.  I’d predict that his ceiling will eventually turn out to be on par with Bruce Irvin at his best.  

I really hope he’s not the pick, but the upside would get me excited if he is the pick.  I’d be really fired up to watch him play and watch his progression.....hopefully 

I’d be most worried that I’m dreaming about it 

0 sacks as a pass rusher should automatically disqualify him from being a 1st round pick.

This is a pretty weak draft class for pass rushers but I would rather have Jaelin Phillips or Boogie Basham. Payton Turner would be great as a 3rd round pick. Ossai gives me Aaron Maybin vibes.

4 hours ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Depends what we gave up to move up. I like Oweh.

The lack of sacks is a lazy analysis thrown around here.

I saw a play where he immediately and violently pushed the Ohio State LT(1st round prospect for 2022) back into Fields, but the QB had a quick read and got the ball out before the sack could be collected. 

I think he will be a good to great player. The only issue I see is that he’s an older prospect so if he starts out slow he won’t have the age excuse Edmunds is still getting. 

Disagree strongly!  With all of his off the chart measurables and with all the action he saw he had zero, nil, zilch...not one single sack!  This is a serious legit concern. Not lazy in the least. And, on top of that, you saw “a play”?  Now that’s a lazy take!

14 hours ago, NewEra said:

Phillips and Oweh both put up ridiculous numbers but they're not without issues. Oweh recorded 0 sacks last season and Phillips has injury/motivation concerns. Maybe the best cb is the safest route?....Maybe Basham in the 2nd?

Edited by LABILLBACKER