*Brandon Beane Draft Presser LIVE @ 1:00 PM EST, 4/20/21*

ExWNYer

6 hours ago, H2o said:

The talk about planning ahead could be us looking at a replacement for Edmunds as well imo. Add that to the fact they are still thinking about the 5th year options, which you know they're picking up Josh's, and it makes sense. 

This is precisely what I think he's thinking. 

3 hours ago, WideNine said:

Folks get wrapped around the axle each year around the draft.

Most prognostications have been off the mark, especially the way Beane trades up and down.

The closest I have seen is when many of us suspected he would take Oliver over the TE the Lions grabbed... I don't think either have quite lived up to their potential yet.

I kind of just want to skip the drama and get right to the yearly bitching about the picks already.

🙂

This is true about far more first round picks every year than many of us want to acknowledge.  A first round pick, especially late first is no guarantee of even finding a good starter for multiple years - indeed that is a win.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Yep. Could even see us trading up for a guy like Jaylen Waddle, Micah Parsons or Devonta Smith if they are there but I doubt that there’s a whole lot of other prospects that we would go up for and the likelihood that either of these guys are there is next to zero. Waddle or Smith would be epic in this offense though.

I’m sure both sides want it done.. I suspect that Josh will take a lower yearly salary if he is given a longer deal with more guaranteed.. That’s my gut feeling.

Whoa!

Those are some premium playa's. How far up are we gonna need to go up? How far will any of them drop?

5 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Liars season.  Believe and don’t read into anything.  They all lie like an adulteress.  I haven’t believed a word of any prognosticator, analyst, coach, manager or anyone else.  They all lie.

Im ok with it.  I can’t believe there is something to read into from some people.  There isn’t.  He’ll, wecluld be taking. Long snapper for what we know (not really).

Exactly, the bills are a total wild card. Beane could seek a trade up and other teams will have no idea who beane is after. The bills are in a good position.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

This is precisely what I think he's thinking. 

I'm glad there's other people that think this as well. I brought this topic up months ago and got some heat, its not that I'm a edmunds hater I just get the feeling paying edmunds big money isn't something beane will feel good about, especially after his performance this year.

• Like (+1) 1

If he means the long term thing, could mean more likely to trade back or to get a developmental guy that would replace one of our costlier players when their contract expires in the next year or two, Hughes, Addison, Star, Morse, and Hyde and Poyer are both getting older and will have cap hits in 7-10mil range over the next couple years.

If you look at that list you hope a guy you like at DE is there at 30, then you have to do some magic.

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/brandon-beane-we-have-to-be-smart-with-these-picks

Beane just said there aren't top end DEs in this draft. I see us going WR, Big Nickel or trading up for a C.

Update - Beane just panned the idea of searching for a Big Nickel specifically, so now I dunno.  

Edited by ndirish1978

9 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/brandon-beane-we-have-to-be-smart-with-these-picks

Beane just said there aren't top end DEs in this draft. I see us going WR, Big Nickel or trading up for a C.

I said if he means the long term thing-(makes a developmental guy possible, or a guy that doesn't need to start full time right from the jump), and he meant what he said about getting someone who can step in for a guy whose contract is up soon/older guys that are gonna need to be replaced and better to replace them with rookie contracts, "they hope someone they like at DE is there at 30" and saying there are no top DE's doesn't mean there aren't any, just not any clear cut top 10-15 pick guys with the only one seemingly close is Paye.

I dont like any of them enough to take at 30 except Paye, maybe Rousseau but I'm nervous about Phillips I'd need more info, the kind of info the Bills would have so I'll leave that to them lol

Id rather go CB or trade back, but I'd have to pause if a Zaven Collins, Micah Parsons, Jamin Davis, JOK guys are around

44 minutes ago, just1hugheser said:

Id rather go CB or trade back, but I'd have to pause if a Zaven Collins, Micah Parsons, Jamin Davis, JOK guys are around

If Zaven Collins is there and we pass, it better be for a superstar. Collins would be a perfect pick. 

9 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

If Edmunds was not a Buffalo Bill a good many of you on here would be saying "this guy suks!"

Hi I've also been to this alternate universe you've been to. I think you chatted with the wrong guys. All the dudes I spoke with said Edmunds was a beast. They also said to have patience. 

Also I have the ability to go to alternate dimensions at will but I wanted to make sure I got the message out about Edmunds first.

10 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

If Edmunds was not a Buffalo Bill a good many of you on here would be saying "this guy suks!"

Really - Bills fans would be looking at a 2x ProBowl player on another team and saying this guys sucks?

My guess is Bills fans would look quickly at the stats, the ProBowls, his age, his measurables and they would be drooling for Beane to find a way to get him in here.

Heck they drooled for guys like Hassan Reddick that basically did nothing for multiple years and finally in his contract year put double digit sack numbers.  Prior to that his sacks were on par with Edmunds and he is an OLB.  His tackles were significantly less and he was a fraction of the player Edmunds is.

My guess is people say Edmunds sucks because they want a huge run stuffing MLB and the Bills defense doesn’t set up that way - so Edmunds is the blame.

He is not perfect and he makes mistakes, but there is a far more likely chance that we downgrade in replacing him than most people think.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, just1hugheser said:

I said if he means the long term thing-(makes a developmental guy possible, or a guy that doesn't need to start full time right from the jump), and he meant what he said about getting someone who can step in for a guy whose contract is up soon/older guys that are gonna need to be replaced and better to replace them with rookie contracts, "they hope someone they like at DE is there at 30" and saying there are no top DE's doesn't mean there aren't any, just not any clear cut top 10-15 pick guys with the only one seemingly close is Paye.

I dont like any of them enough to take at 30 except Paye, maybe Rousseau but I'm nervous about Phillips I'd need more info, the kind of info the Bills would have so I'll leave that to them lol

He stated outright that there aren't top end prospects at DE "like the guys in SF or WAS." If you want to pump up Paye, that's fine, but my statement was factually correct as a quote. I'm not really into drafting someone in the 1st who can't come in and start for you right away, which is probably why I've been disappointed in Epanesa as our first pick last year, albeit in the 2nd. CB/DT have to be priorities early in the draft as they have the best chance of immediately impacting the roster.  

3 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

He stated outright that there aren't top end prospects at DE "like the guys in SF or WAS." If you want to pump up Paye, that's fine, but my statement was factually correct as a quote. I'm not really into drafting someone in the 1st who can't come in and start for you right away, which is probably why I've been disappointed in Epanesa as our first pick last year, albeit in the 2nd. CB/DT have to be priorities early in the draft as they have the best chance of immediately impacting the roster.  

i know and i agreed with you, i said there are no DE/Edge guys that would be considered top 10-15(like those guys in SF/WAS), i said the closest thing to that in this draft for me is Paye, that is not saying Paye is the guy just that he is the best of the group and I don't have him being worth a pick until well after 15

10 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

If Zaven Collins is there and we pass, it better be for a superstar. Collins would be a perfect pick. 

I totally agree; Parsons, JOK, Collins, Davis are some of my favorite prospects in this draft, and its always nice to have super athletic lbs

Edited by just1hugheser
  • Like (+1) 1