*Brandon Beane Draft Presser LIVE @ 1:00 PM EST, 4/20/21*

ExWNYer

1 minute ago, BillsVet said:

Fixed it for you.  Skills players and scoring are what win now.   

It was much worse during the years when Buffalo was bad.  Basically during the 2005-19 drafts.  It's child's play drafting bottom of the 1st coming off an AFC Championship appearance.  

Of course, the board was a lot different about 10 years ago.  Smaller more educated group for the most part.  Not so much anymore.  

No, you didn't "fix it" for me. That is what Beane was talking about at the time when someone asked him about KC. Maybe listen next time before being a wise ass. Jesus H...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

He said that they will decide on the 5th year options for Josh and Edmunds "after the draft". The draft ends May 1st and the deadline to pick up the options is May 3rd. That is a tight window. Nobody realistically thinks there is a decision to be made with Josh. That is a no-brainer and a slam dunk. He probably couched it that way so as not to tick off Edmunds' camp. JMO

The NFL did no favor to teams by making draft end so late close to date to pick up many options.  I understand that they needed more time due to lack of combine but future contracts should not have fixed date but relative date like "7 days after draft ends".

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, Logic said:

The most telling comment to me is "we're thinking more long term than short term" at pick 30.

It would seem to indicate that they're not thinking "who's going to push us over the top in 2021", but rather, "who's gonna help us BEYOND this coming year, once we have to start cutting expensive vets to accommodate Allen's extension and the reduced cap".

To me, it opens the door to positions like IOL (Creed Humphrey as a potential long term replacement for Morse), IDL (Barmore or Onwizureke?), a developmental EDGE prospect, even LB. It also doesn't close the door on the already perceived "favorites" at 30, like CB or WR. WR, actually, is a pretty interesting possibility. Sanders is only on a one-year deal and Beasley isn't exactly a spring chicken.

Yep. Could even see us trading up for a guy like Jaylen Waddle, Micah Parsons or Devonta Smith if they are there but I doubt that there’s a whole lot of other prospects that we would go up for and the likelihood that either of these guys are there is next to zero. Waddle or Smith would be epic in this offense though.

30 minutes ago, eball said:

I expect an Allen extension to be announced about a week after the draft. Just a gut feeling. 

I’m sure both sides want it done.. I suspect that Josh will take a lower yearly salary if he is given a longer deal with more guaranteed.. That’s my gut feeling.

1 hour ago, BillsVet said:

Relax Hondo. 

Folks get wrapped around the axle each year around the draft.

Most prognostications have been off the mark, especially the way Beane trades up and down.

The closest I have seen is when many of us suspected he would take Oliver over the TE the Lions grabbed... I don't think either have quite lived up to their potential yet.

I kind of just want to skip the drama and get right to the yearly bitching about the picks already.

🙂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Folks get wrapped around the axle each year around the draft.

Most prognostications have been off the mark, especially the way Beane trades up and down.

The closest I have seen is when many of us suspected he would take Oliver over the TE the Lions grabbed... I don't think either have quite lived up to their potential yet.

I kind of just want to skip the drama and get right to the yearly bitching about the picks already.

🙂

I suspect Beane just holds those press conferences so he can come here and get a big chuckle out of how we dissect every comment and come up with crazy ideas!   :)

Edited by Augie
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

I suspect Beane just beans those press conferences so he can come here and get a big chuckle out of how we dissect every comment and come up with crazy ideas!   :)

screenshot-82.png

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

I suspect Beane just beans those press conferences so he can come here and get a big chuckle out of how we dissect every comment and come up with crazy ideas!   :)

I can easily picture him kicking up his heels, drink in hand, and lurking on a few sites like these and checking out the tweets  just to chuckle and bask in all the chaos and misdirection.

Liars season.  Believe and don’t read into anything.  They all lie like an adulteress.  I haven’t believed a word of any prognosticator, analyst, coach, manager or anyone else.  They all lie.

Im ok with it.  I can’t believe there is something to read into from some people.  There isn’t.  He’ll, wecluld be taking. Long snapper for what we know (not really).

• Like (+1) 2

Beane never commits to anything, he just leaves everyone blowing in the wind, gets folk to spin what he says in almost any direction, he is damn good at being noncommittal, Go Beane!

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Liars season.  Believe and don’t read into anything.  They all lie like an adulteress.  I haven’t believed a word of any prognosticator, analyst, coach, manager or anyone else.  They all lie.

Im ok with it.  I can’t believe there is something to read into from some people.  There isn’t.  He’ll, wecluld be taking. Long snapper for what we know (not really).

Adulteress?  Misogyny. It’s a known fact adulterers lie 82% more than adulteresses. 

• Haha (+1) 1