Pro Football Network - Bills and Bucs rumored for DTs at end of round 1

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

What is the off field stuff? 

I havent been given any specific examples, I believe because some are questioning his work ethich/motivation/attitude that off the field issues are also in the back of minds when hearing those types of things.

I think he is a good prospect, but the zoom calls, interviews with friends/coaches/teammates would be important info for me to look over talk about, but I'm confident this staff wouldn't miss anything major and they would have a good sense if he loves the game and has motivation to play besides just that first big free agent contract

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

McNeil, Shelvin, and Brown are all 1-Tech DT's even though I believe McNeil could play either position. I'm good with that anywhere from Rounds 2-6. I just don't see the need for another 3-Tech, especially in the 1st. 

I don't see the need either but if McBeane sees a stud at a spot why not take him. DT1 might be a sneaky need who really knows how good Star will be this yr plus it won't hurt to get better there that's what BPA is all about like Mcd says Iron sharpens Iron! 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

I don't see the need either but if McBeane sees a stud at a spot why not take him. DT1 might be a sneaky need who really knows how good Star will be this yr plus it won't hurt to get better there that's what BPA is all about like Mcd says Iron sharpens Iron! 

Imo, 1-Tech is definitely something that needs to be addressed in this draft. I, myself, have been banging the table for Bobby Brown III from Texas A&M. That's who I want us to draft, but I would be good if McNeil was a selection on day 2. I think those two are good at anchoring as well as being able to push the pocket from the interior. Naquan Jones, Tedarrell Slaton, Tyler Shelvin, Khyiris Tonga, there are options and some quality 1-Tech prospects out there this year. 

• Agree 1

I mean what roster hole do the Bills have?

Really any position makes sense to me outside of Quarterback and Running Back.

This team could use another Corner.

In terms of the Defensive Line, Ed Oliver has been a disappointment. Harrison Phillips is ok, Butler isn't remarkable, and our DEs are average starters who got no pressure on the Colts in the Playoffs. As good as Hughes sometimes grades, he comes and goes in games. So a DT makes sense to me, Star L is in his 30's, Addison and Hughes both in their 30's. 

But really any position you can make an argument for. The Bills have extended both Safety's so that it probably not likely, but Offensive Line, Cornerback, Defensive Line all could use reinforcements, Cody Ford has not been great either. 

52 minutes ago, H2o said:

Imo, 1-Tech is definitely something that needs to be addressed in this draft. I, myself, have been banging the table for Bobby Brown III from Texas A&M. That's who I want us to draft, but I would be good if McNeil was a selection on day 2. I think those two are good at anchoring as well as being able to push the pocket from the interior. Naquan Jones, Tedarrell Slaton, Tyler Shelvin, Khyiris Tonga, there are options and some quality 1-Tech prospects out there this year. 

I love me some McNeil he kind of reminds me of Chris Jones.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, McBean said:

If we take a DT at 30 with either N Harris, Elijah Moore, or ETN on the board I’m punching a hole in my wall.

May I suggest you be proactive and get a stud finder before the draft and mark a little safe spot on the wall in pencil? 

Just trying to help!  🤷‍♂️

Thanks to all of you who know your stuff and for all the tweets and videos posted. This is the time of year I get a crash course and try to get a bit more educated on all this draft stuff. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1