Pro Football Network - Bills and Bucs rumored for DTs at end of round 1

9 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Why not OL?  I think some of the best players on the board at 30 will be OL and maybe WR- DE, CB and DT will appear to be reaches (of course, we don’t know how the Bills have guys graded).

Not a big fan of drafting O lineman (unless they are super special).  Would rather sign youngish veterans who are more seasoned like Daryl Williams.  Just one fans opinion.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

What’s his story?

He can play 1t or 3t, he has good instincts, uses his hands well, uses his feet and hands together well to maintain balanace and leverage advantage- naturally powerful- gets a good push, plays run well but shows excellent ability in pass rush.

Most people are knocking his inconsistency, he shows up when he wants kinda thing which is a huge red flag for most.  Also not that much experience, a lot of people that watch Bama say he is the next Dareus, ie will only show once in a while and maybe just enough to get one big contract then done.

But the talent is there, obviously I wasnt allowed to interview him or those around him, his coaches/teammates etc so I'll trust Beane and Co. if they do go with him.

Edited by just1hugheser

11 minutes ago, just1hugheser said:

He can play 1t or 3t, he has good instincts, uses his hands well, uses his feet and hands together well to maintain balanace and leverage advantage- naturally powerful- gets a good push, plays run well but shows excellent ability in pass rush.

Most people are knocking his inconsistency, he shows up when he wants kinda thing which is a huge red flag for most.  Also not that much experience, a lot of people that watch Bama say he is the next Dareus, ie will only show once in a while and maybe just enough to get one big contract then done.

But the talent is there, obviously I wasnt allowed to interview him or those around him, his coaches/teammates etc so I'll trust Beane and Co. if they do go with him.

What is the off field stuff? 

Edited by YoloinOhio

21 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Agreed Ruben Kinkaid, now go get a gig for our family band, and move that stupid multi colored bus. 🤪😜

That bus was iconic, wasn't it? When I saw Ruben with that sweet stache. I just had to use it. That and "I Think I love You" changed my life.

14 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Barmore a Philly kid who went to Neumann-Goretti.  McDermott went to Philly Catholic League rival LaSalle.  McDermott loves him some Philly.  Barmore fits the Beane profile of a 1st round pick.  He has All Pro potential if he pans out.  

This seems like a highly logical pick unless they really like someone else at 1T and are sure that guy will be there in round 2 or 3. I also think if they love a corner and/or if someone like Farley magically slips that could easily be the pick.  It seems like the pass rushers all stink but maybe they like someone there too.  I highly doubt it is Noweh.

To me, 1T is the only spot where they absolutely have to draft someone on day 1/2.

Edited by 4merper4mer

In Brandon’s recent web view of the Draft with local sports writers, he’s pretty meticulous in talking about a speed RB who can catch & block. Obvi, he never clearly addresses his targets, but he’s a ‘read between the lines’ guy -as we often see afterwards. But he was more matter of fact delineating what Singletary and Moss don’t/can’t bring to the offense. Thinking back to our last game, he got an up close perspective of what a super fast RB can bring.

Im not sayin’ , I’m just sayin’..

I don't see DT being viable for the Bills in round 1. For one I just don't see a DT likely being the BPA at that spot over other edge rushers, corners or offensive skill position players that could be there at pick 30. I also think the need is greater for an NT which is more likely to be a better value in the 2nd to 3rd round. I would drastically prefer an Edge Rusher or Corner to help solidify the defense at pick 30 if there was a massive NT there then I wouldn't be opposed but I don't see one worth taking.

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

I don't see DT being viable for the Bills in round 1. For one I just don't see a DT likely being the BPA at that spot over other edge rushers, corners or offensive skill position players that could be there at pick 30. I also think the need is greater for an NT which is more likely to be a better value in the 2nd to 3rd round. I would drastically prefer an Edge Rusher or Corner to help solidify the defense at pick 30 if there was a massive NT there then I wouldn't be opposed but I don't see one worth taking.

Only one I disagree with: Barmore would absolutely be BPA over edge most likely. He and Oliver could be pretty killer duo....👍

• Like (+1) 1

I could definitely see Barmore if this was more of a wide 9 front and Barmore played the Dareus role of playing 1 tech on first down, 2 tech on second down and 3 tech on 3rd down with Oliver playing 3T on all downs like Kyle Williams did.    Barmore definitely has 3 down potential if used like that.

I just don't think Edmunds could handle that kinda' traffic up the middle though.   Need a physical MLB to do that.   Seems the trade-off here is always having a big lump of immobility at 1 tech so Edmunds can just shuffle from side to side with his arms extended in Boeheim's 2-3 zone. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/20/2021 at 3:56 PM, H2o said:

This would be stupid. Taking another 3-Tech in the 1st Round two years after Oliver? But if they are there and considered the team's BPA, what do you do? I'd hate it. Barmore wouldn't be too terrible, but Onwuzurike? Yeah, nah. 

Onwuzurike to me is much better prospect and player then Barmore. I'm not In love with the idea of either one in the first because the position to me is loaded in middle rds with talented players like  McNeil, Shelvin, Brown, Twyman and others that have great development potential. 

13 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Only one I disagree with: Barmore would absolutely be BPA over edge most likely. He and Oliver could be pretty killer duo....👍

Wouldn't hate the pick if it were Barmore (I think by pick 30 he will likely be gone by the mid 20's) but outside of Barmore I don't see any DT worth the pick at slot 30. In the end I would love for the BPA to be a good edge player as that is this team's biggest short and long term need. But the draft doesn't always play out that way.

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I could definitely see Barmore if this was more of a wide 9 front and Barmore played the Dareus role of playing 1 tech on first down, 2 tech on second down and 3 tech on 3rd down with Oliver playing 3T on all downs like Kyle Williams did.    Barmore definitely has 3 down potential if used like that.

I just don't think Edmunds could handle that kinda' traffic up the middle though.   Need a physical MLB to do that.   Seems the trade-off here is always having a big lump of immobility at 1 tech so Edmunds can just shuffle from side to side with his arms extended in Boeheim's 2-3 zone. 

I know. It sucks doesn't it.😠 Oh well, let's just load up on offense and put score em lol

34 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Onwuzurike to me is much better prospect and player then Barmore. I'm not In love with the idea of either one in the first because the position to me is loaded in middle rds with talented players like  McNeil, Shelvin, Brown, Twyman and others that have great development potential. 

McNeil, Shelvin, and Brown are all 1-Tech DT's even though I believe McNeil could play either position. I'm good with that anywhere from Rounds 2-6. I just don't see the need for another 3-Tech, especially in the 1st.