Tucker Carlson

T&C

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

yes, anarchy.  That's the goal.  And some players are very, very effective.  defending them promotes the goal.

to you?  not possible.  It's like trying to prove the world isn't flat.

yes, anarchy.  That's the goal.  And some players are very, very effective.  defending them promotes the goal.

to you?  not possible.  It's like trying to prove the world isn't flat.

So you must watch Tucker nightly I'm guessing? I don't so I can only go by what is posted here and elsewhere as clips.

if he ranted nightly about how the election was stolen in 2020 an example is certainly readily available. 

Just now, BillsFanNC said:

So you must watch Tucker nightly I'm guessing? I don't so I can only go by what is posted here and elsewhere as clips.

if he ranted nightly about how the election was stolen in 2020 an example is certainly readily available. 

I watch clips:  the devil you know.  They are readily available.  have a look.

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

the effectiveness of his false narratives are the issue, to me.  A majority of people in what is now called the republican party believe that the election was stolen.  How many know of this court case where he admitted lying.  B man clearly was unaware.  I don't like lying to influence public opinion in any scenario.

The effectiveness of (sometimes) false narratives are why he’s paid so well to do what he does.   There is precious little purely truthful reporting in the world, and it’s up to each individual to weed through it.  It’s the way it always has been. 

As for stolen elections, it helps to be pragmatic.  There are other threads for the deep dive into American politics, but after decades of allegations of voter suppression, racism when the subject of voter ID is raised, appeals to the SC over hanging/dimpled chads, allegations of war for oil that suddenly disappear after an election, and literal false claims about Trump being elected illegitimately/elected in a coup/treason afoot, it really seems odd to focus on a TV talk show host that the overwhelming majority of Americans do not watch. 

As I’ve said before, there’s likely no “Stop the Steal” appealing to emotional R voters if “Russia” wasn’t so gosh darn effective at appealing to emotional D voters. 

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The effectiveness of (sometimes) false narratives are why he’s paid so well to do what he does.   There is precious little purely truthful reporting in the world, and it’s up to each individual to weed through it.  It’s the way it always has been. 

As for stolen elections, it helps to be pragmatic.  There are other threads for the deep dive into American politics, but after decades of allegations of voter suppression, racism when the subject of voter ID is raised, appeals to the SC over hanging/dimpled chads, allegations of war for oil that suddenly disappear after an election, and literal false claims about Trump being elected illegitimately/elected in a coup/treason afoot, it really seems odd to focus on a TV talk show host that the overwhelming majority of Americans do not watch. 

As I’ve said before, there’s likely no “Stop the Steal” appealing to emotional R voters if “Russia” wasn’t so gosh darn effective at appealing to emotional D voters. 

"some are more equal than others".  You are lumping all journalists in Carlson's camp.  This is disingenuous and untrue.  There are some on the other side using similar tactics.  but even they use kernels of facts to advance their narratives.  read the linked NPR piece about the court case. Fox recently cut their research personnel by 75%. He (and they) don't even pretend he's telling the truth.  He explicitly denies it.  It's who he is and he admits it but only in a courtroom. on the spectrum, he's the extreme.  but glad to see you've admitted that he's paid so well because he's such a good little propagandist.

Edited by redtail hawk

25 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

yes, anarchy.  That's the goal.  And some players are very, very effective.  defending them promotes the goal.  btw, can you explain why the rubes listen to an obvious "elite" like Carlson.  If one is elite but says what u want to hear then they're ok?

I can't speak for the motivations of others.  Why people believe one thing or another or listen to some sources and not others.  Could it be confirmation bias or something like that?  I don't know and I'm not going to put any more thought into it.  And I'm not talking anarchy, its just how boom and bust cycles end. 

My thinking is I'm just not going to allow the sociopaths and maniacs running our out of control political, economic, and social systems to do major damage to me personally, and the people I'm responsible for caring after, along with friends and acquaintances that will listen to my assessment of things.  I'll offer up my views that social, political, and economic systems are going bust and if anybody wants to listen then great and if they don't then good luck to them.  I might listen to the opinions of others but their thoughts don't form the basis of my actions or ideas.

But when it comes to media, I will say its hard to get people to tell the truth when they're getting compensated to lie.  I think that's all there is to it.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

10 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I can't speak for the motivations of others.  Why people believe one thing or another or listen to some sources and not others.  Could it be confirmation bias or something like that?  I don't know and I'm not going to put any more thought into it.  And I'm not talking anarchy, its just how boom and bust cycles end. 

My thinking is I'm just not going to allow the sociopaths and maniacs running our out of control political, economic, and social systems to do major damage to me personally, and the people I'm responsible for caring after, along with friends and acquaintances that will listen to my assessment of things.  I'll offer up my views that social, political, and economic systems are going bust and if anybody wants to listen then great and if they don't then good luck to them.  I might listen to the opinions of others but their thoughts don't form the basis of my actions or ideas.

But when it comes to media, I will say its hard to get people to tell the truth when they're getting compensated to lie.  I think that's all there is to it.

Well, it seems Lenny, you and I, have at least established an important point that we agree on: Carlson is a liar who is paid to lie.  now let's all devolve into nihilism...

Edited by redtail hawk

5 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

7:16.

Not a mention of a stolen election. But a whole bunch of legitimate questions. 

look harder.  Why did Fox need to use that defense in the Dominion court case?  https://www.npr.org/2023/01/23/1150213311/fox-news-dominion-voting-system-election-fraud-claims

Edited by redtail hawk

3 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Yes, but my base thesis is they all lie. 

as i said, nihilism.  It's becoming the thing.

Just now, BillsFanNC said:

Oh that's right. Because you watch tucker every night and remember the details of a 7 minute clip from over a year ago.

:lol:

my memory is pretty good..

as i said, nihilism.  It's becoming the thing.

Great to hear. Then you'll have no problem in the next three minutes summarizing highlights from minutes 4 to 7 of the clip.

Go. No cheating now.

Edited by BillsFanNC
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

Great to hear. Then you'll have no problem in the next three minutes summarizing highlights from minutes 4 to 7 of the clip.

Go. No cheating now.

"could it be...I have a very good memory".  Both are true.  perhaps you should be as discerning of tucker's statements.  I think this has been both illustrative and instructional.  Thanks for playing!

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

Let's get down to very first assertion cited as fact in the tucker clip @redtail hawk

Cited as fact:

In 2016 the FBI spied on the Trump campaign using evidence manufactured by the Clinton campaign. 

Factual or no?

occasionally he says something truthful....golf clap.

5 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

"could it be...I have a very good memory".  Both are true.  perhaps you should be as discerning of tucker's statements.  I think this has been both illustrative and instructional.  Thanks for playing!

occasionally he says something truthful....golf clap.

All more deflection because you can't show a single instance of Tucker Carlson claiming an election was stolen, let alone doing it night after night for years like other cable outlets did post 2016.

Thanks for playing.

Edited by BillsFanNC
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

All more deflection because you can't show a single instance of Tucker Carlson claiming an election was stolen, let alone doing it night after night for years like other cable outlets did post 2016.

Thanks for playing.

most importantly, do you agree with the consensus here that Carlson is a liar that is paid to lie?

On 1/25/2023 at 11:11 AM, redtail hawk said:

Serious question: Do you think Carlson actually believes 50% of the stuff he broadcasts?  cuz he's testified under oath that he doesn't. 

Any answer yet for your false claim ?

No.

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

• Like (+1) 1