Anybody thinking about heading to Cleveland for the draft?

13 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I won't even be watching live on TV.    It's not really very entertaining.......I will just DVR it and watch the Bills picks.

Enjoy watching like 30 hours of commercials,  human interest stories and chimpanzees making picks on day 3........I predict the highlight of the broadcast will be the  "Trade A-lert major traaade A-lert" moments, brought to you by Wendy's, of course.

I can't watch on day 3 because they are running the Kentucky Derby that day.  Otherwise, I'd be watching every minute.  The NFL needs to move the draft back to where it used to be, one week before the Derby so I can have draft weekend one week & Kentucky Derby Saturday the next.  

12 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

If I'm going to pony up for a Vegas trip I'd rather go there for a game.  I think it will be another 7 years until the Bills play there again though...

If the Bills follow my draft advice and only use their top picks on players at premium positions.........then maybe their next Vegas game will be before that......in a February.

• Like (+1) 2

I love the fact that the draft is no longer our Super Bowl where we are desperately clinging to the hope that our mid first round pick would be the guy to finally make us respectable

Its just the draft, Im excited to see who we will add, but its not the same as the drought years

Thank you McBeane! 

• Like (+1) 1

Well, as it turns out both my wife and I have scheduled dental work on days 1 and 2 of the draft so looks like I'm sticking home :(

But I'll have the DVR working overtime and speed through all the garbage to get to the joy that is Bills draft picks until such time as commercials and jabber overtake them.

Am I alone in thinking that last year's virtual draft was far superior to any on-site one they've ever put on?

Watching hordes of unmasked people hiding in the kitchen during live shots of players, to avoid the covid cops. Who was the guy who put on the Old Spice robe after he got drafted? And Joe Burrow sitting there with only his parents? He must be a ball of fun, huh?

And even dorky Roger in his panelled Hell of a basement! It took me back to my early college days, and the disgusting subterranean apartment I was forced to rent. It's amazing what $44 million doesn't buy these days.

Anyway, I thought it was tremendous. I wish they'd do the same every year. But then these cities need the influx of fan cash more than ever now.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I can't watch on day 3 because they are running the Kentucky Derby that day.  Otherwise, I'd be watching every minute.  The NFL needs to move the draft back to where it used to be, one week before the Derby so I can have draft weekend one week & Kentucky Derby Saturday the next.  

I understand what you mean, but the coverage of the Kentucky Derby is way overdone.

You just need to watch from "Rider's Up!" to the awarding of the Garland of Roses, everything beforehand is irrelevant.

You got plenty of time to watch some draft picks.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/24/2021 at 2:38 AM, Mark Vader said:

I understand what you mean, but the coverage of the Kentucky Derby is way overdone.

You just need to watch from "Rider's Up!" to the awarding of the Garland of Roses, everything beforehand is irrelevant.

You got plenty of time to watch some draft picks.

You're obviously not a racing fan.  To those of us who are, we are not just watching the Derby coverage, in fact the last thing we want to do is watch the complete network broadcast with nonsense like Johnny Weir & Tara Lipinski at the Derby.  I've yet to ever speak with a horse racing fan who looks forward to the annual appearance of that duo. I'm going to be watching the other races both at Churchill Downs & other tracks.  I'll have on TVG or the OTB channel on TV and I will be watching the track feed from my OTB account on the computer starting before noon.  There will be a dozen or more races at Churchill Downs that are not the Kentucky Derby.  

On 4/23/2021 at 1:26 PM, BornAgainBillsFan said:

Am I alone in thinking that last year's virtual draft was far superior to any on-site one they've ever put on?

Watching hordes of unmasked people hiding in the kitchen during live shots of players, to avoid the covid cops. Who was the guy who put on the Old Spice robe after he got drafted? And Joe Burrow sitting there with only his parents? He must be a ball of fun, huh?

And even dorky Roger in his panelled Hell of a basement! It took me back to my early college days, and the disgusting subterranean apartment I was forced to rent. It's amazing what $44 million doesn't buy these days.

Anyway, I thought it was tremendous. I wish they'd do the same every year. But then these cities need the influx of fan cash more than ever now.

Yes, you are alone.

I admit that the spectacle that the draft has become is a bit silly. It's almost as big an event as the Super Bowl. That being said it is still fun to be there watching it and interacting with the fans.

One thing I did love about the virtual draft is that picks were flowing and being announced at a steady pace, like it used to be.

Having former players announce picks is fun, but there are too many doing it. It's fun when they let random fans announce the picks, but I would like to see that toned down a bit.

No more zoo animals, magicians and Star Wars characters handing off the cards. Just announce the pick!

On 4/23/2021 at 10:17 AM, Albany,n.y. said:

Is there any particlular horse you like this year?  I don't really follow horse racing, but the Kentucky Derby I always make it a point to put a few bets in.  I could use some help.

2 hours ago, Gordio said:

Is there any particlular horse you like this year?  I don't really follow horse racing, but the Kentucky Derby I always make it a point to put a few bets in.  I could use some help.

I like one of the favorites to win the race: My main win bet will be on Rock Your World, but I'm also betting a bomb to win, place, &show: Dynamic One. I'm going to put them together in an exacta box & hope they run 1-2.  

4 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I like one of the favorites to win the race: My main win bet will be on Rock Your World, but I'm also betting a bomb to win, place, &show: Dynamic One. I'm going to put them together in an exacta box & hope they run 1-2.  

Sounds good, I appreciate the information and if comes in I will take you out to dinner next time your in town!  

17 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Yes, you are alone.

I admit that the spectacle that the draft has become is a bit silly. It's almost as big an event as the Super Bowl. That being said it is still fun to be there watching it and interacting with the fans.

One thing I did love about the virtual draft is that picks were flowing and being announced at a steady pace, like it used to be.

Having former players announce picks is fun, but there are too many doing it. It's fun when they let random fans announce the picks, but I would like to see that toned down a bit.

No more zoo animals, magicians and Star Wars characters handing off the cards. Just announce the pick!

listen Vader, dont bring star wars into your vendetta

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

You're obviously not a racing fan.  To those of us who are, we are not just watching the Derby coverage, in fact the last thing we want to do is watch the complete network broadcast with nonsense like Johnny Weir & Tara Lipinski at the Derby.  I've yet to ever speak with a horse racing fan who looks forward to the annual appearance of that duo. I'm going to be watching the other races both at Churchill Downs & other tracks.  I'll have on TVG or the OTB channel on TV and I will be watching the track feed from my OTB account on the computer starting before noon.  There will be a dozen or more races at Churchill Downs that are not the Kentucky Derby.  

I do enjoy racing, but I'm no handicapper.

When you put it this way, it makes more sense now . I am aware that there are more races going on at Churchill Downs that day than just the Kentucky Derby. I did not know that you would be watching every race.

On 4/21/2021 at 11:30 PM, CowgirlsFan said:

Me.

Fully vaccinated with Pfizer.

Willing to wear a mask.

Meeting up with some friends from many different teams. As of today I was approved to be in The Inner Circle of the Dallas Cowboys. I arrive on Wednesday afternoon. Hotel is booked in Independence,Ohio. I am there because on the day the announcement was made hotels in Cleveland were $350.00 plus.  I will attend all 3 days. then be a tourist on Sunday. Home on Monday.

Independence is only about a 10 minute ride from downtown, except during rush hour. Here's a great place for sandwich's in Independence ... https://meltbarandgrilled.com/

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/20/2021 at 12:30 AM, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

I can't get this wretched tune outta my head.

Been quiet-singing it in the shower, at the supermarket, at work....its like a Justin Bieber song that gets etched into your brain and despite the obvious embarrassment there's not a thing you can do about it.

Damn you GoBillsInDallas - damn you to hell I say!!