Anybody thinking about heading to Cleveland for the draft?

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

You’re papers please!

That would be a heck no, and I’ve been to Cleveland several times for work.  Great people, but uh no.

Besides other than getting you’re franchise QB maybe, why would you sit around that long like in a dmv waiting line.  Game, yes.  Draft especially this one no.

your*

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

It would be nice if the Pegula's can get NFL to hold draft in Buffalo,  would be great and a huge boost to hotels & restaurants all the way to Niagara Falls. Weather is nice this time of year and if Cleveland is good enough then why not Buffalo/Niagara Falls? I am sure plenty of rookies would love to see one of the seven wonders of the world and NEW YORK STATE should kick in money to boost tourism.  

Probably would use this as leverage to get a new Stadium. If we build a brand new downtown stadium I could see the draft coming potentially.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Wife and I can have a great time anywhere we go, and Cleveland is no exception. It’s similar to Buffalo, everything is only 15 mins from wherever you are. 

I forget the name of the neighborhood we liked the most, “Marketside” or “Ohio City” perhaps? Had a cool Allentown vibe to it. Had beers and some grub at a place called Nanobrew, more beers at Great Lakes Brewery & Market Garden brewing, then got some street tix for the Indians game that afternoon. And more beers there ;)

I’m sensing a pattern here😂

• Like (+1) 1

Me.

Fully vaccinated with Pfizer.

Willing to wear a mask.

Meeting up with some friends from many different teams. As of today I was approved to be in The Inner Circle of the Dallas Cowboys. I arrive on Wednesday afternoon. Hotel is booked in Independence,Ohio. I am there because on the day the announcement was made hotels in Cleveland were $350.00 plus.  I will attend all 3 days. then be a tourist on Sunday. Home on Monday.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

My son and I went to the Nashville draft two years ago and had a great time.  Would love to go to another one sometime.  This year I’ll be in my living room watching it on the tele.  Safe travels to all my TBD brothers and sisters who are Cleveland bound.  Hope you have a great time.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Weo, I think next year it will be in Des Mones for the atmosphere.

Do they have a river that catches fire too? That’s one of the three “iconic locations”, right? 

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

My son and I went to the Nashville draft two years ago and had a great time.  Would love to go to another one sometime.  This year I’ll be in my living room watching it on the tele.  Safe travels to all my TBD brothers and sisters who are Cleveland bound.  Hope you have a great time.

Are you saving up for Las Vegas in 2022?

On 4/19/2021 at 11:25 AM, Albany,n.y. said:

Every fan should go to at least 1 draft.  Mine was in 1997 the 1st day in NYC (Bills drafted Antowain Smith)

Now the reason I went was because I had to be at my parents house in Long Island that weekend & they didn't have cable, so I either had to go or not see it.   My father drove me to the railroad station at 4:30 AM, I got to Penn Station where the draft was around the corner & went to the line to get a wrist band since it was 1st come 1st served. Once I got my wristband with a number I had some time to kill, so I went back to Penn station.  At one time during my wait I went into the Long Island Railroad waiting area.  There were some homeless people there sleeping.  A short time after I arrived, while I was reading that day's newspapers & my draft materials, the police came & kicked out everyone without a railroad ticket.  After I produced my round trip ticket, I was just about the only one left after the homeless got evicted.  A couple of hours later I went to the line to get into the smaller building next to Madison Square Garden then called the Felt Forum.  I got in chose a seat as close to where they allowed fans-the media had seats reserved closer to the stage in front of us, so I was about 2-3 rows behind the media.  They had a concession stand for food & pick the draft contests.  They gave out some draft information with the contest so that nobody was picking blind.

Overall it was a good experience, but I never went back because at home I can have the TV on, switch to the different stations covering the draft (It used to be 1 but now it's 3) and I can listen to WGR on the computer.  One year I had 2 TVs on and WGR on in the bedroom I used as an office, all at the same time.

I won't even be watching live on TV.    It's not really very entertaining.......I will just DVR it and watch the Bills picks.

Enjoy watching like 30 hours of commercials,  human interest stories and chimpanzees making picks on day 3........I predict the highlight of the broadcast will be the  "Trade A-lert major traaade A-lert" moments, brought to you by Wendy's, of course.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Are you saving up for Las Vegas in 2022?

Unfortunately I'm not.  I live in Kentucky and try to go to at least one Bills game a year with my family if they are playing somewhere close.  We've been lucky that the Bills have been in Nashville three seasons in a row counting this upcoming season.  Nashville is such a great city and the people in Nashville are friendly and its a great away game destination.   If I'm going to pony up for a Vegas trip I'd rather go there for a game.  I think it will be another 7 years until the Bills play there again though...

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Unfortunately I'm not.  I live in Kentucky and try to go to at least one Bills game a year with my family if they are playing somewhere close.  We've been lucky that the Bills have been in Nashville three seasons in a row counting this upcoming season.  Nashville is such a great city and the people in Nashville are friendly and its a great away game destination.   If I'm going to pony up for a Vegas trip I'd rather go there for a game.  I think it will be another 7 years until the Bills play there again though...

It would be that long if the Raiders were an NFC team.

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

You’re such a wise ars Augie.  Luv ya bud.  My sister in law used to call Des Moines DS Mones as another like you.  We can all stay at a Motel 8.

We’ll leave the lights on for ya.

I’m not really into kinky stuff. 

Well, as far as you know...... 

:)

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Nashville games are awesome! The string of games there has been an amazing bit of good fortune. Easy drive for us, and a GREAT place to see a game. We used to have a condo there, and still have a grandson there. Know the town better than most road sites. I would retire there if they had better weather (and I worry about surviving the growth). 

My plan every year is to hope for the home opener and one road game. Love the opener, and LOVE seeing a game in a new venue and new town every year. 

Edited by Augie