What happens with Jake Fromm?

9 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I would prefer to see Trubiski getting the reps during the preseason so he can try and develop at least a little bit of chemistry with the rest of the offense if Allen misses time and Trubiski has to play.  Fromm can start the last half of the last preseason game, otherwise McDermott should have Trubiski out there soaking up preseason reps.

Fromm can start weeks 17 and 18 when we have a bye and home field locked up. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Seems like a no-brainer for practice squad unless he loses the battle to Davis Webb.

If Fromm can't beat out a guy who has never taken a pro snap in a 5 year NFL career then just cut him.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

Set up or not, Giant fans are not sold on the guy.  We saw what Josh Allen did when he was "set up."  We'll see what Jones does. 

Yup.  Virtually every Giant fan I've talked to isn't sold on him.  It will be interesting to see if the additions to the team help him at all.

12 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Davis Webb and Fromm fight it out for third string. I am not sure if Fromm can beat out Webb, which is kind of sad. It always seemed like a strange pick to me, but at the time I was hoping Fromm could replace Barkley and become the backup for the next 3-4 years. Now, with Trubisky and Webb getting the call up last year, I’m not so sure Jake makes it. The only thing I think Fromm has going for him with Buffalo is where and when he was drafted.

Not sure you can read much into that.  Fromm was kept in isolation so for that same reason wouldn't get called up.  Plus think Webb was called up more of a perk to get a full game check.