What happens with Jake Fromm?

I think they keep him around like they did last year to develop & when Tribs leaves next year they will have a viable back up going forward or a possible player available for trade to another team to get some draft capital or to entice another team to trade with the Bills . 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This year the Bills will find out if he has the arm .  Maybe the fans will see him in a preseason game as well.  He is unknown to us.....

1 minute ago, bigK14094 said:

This year the Bills will find out if he has the arm .  Maybe the fans will see him in a preseason game as well.  He is unknown to us.....

And , for those who think COVID will be gone this year, you are wrong.   The sports leagues will continue the protocols and moving games if necessary.  To much money at stake not to do that.  COVID is not going away.  Sorry.......

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

I would prefer to see Trubiski getting the reps during the preseason so he can try and develop at least a little bit of chemistry with the rest of the offense if Allen misses time and Trubiski has to play.  Fromm can start the last half of the last preseason game, otherwise McDermott should have Trubiski out there soaking up preseason reps.

• Like (+1) 3

I think Mitch gives Fromm another year to prove he can be the back up. Trubisky is a one year back up rental/insurance policy. Buffalo will be in the market for another back up in 2022.  At which point he will probably have to win the gig or kick dirt. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

It depends.  If he looks good in training camp and pre-season, he makes the 53-man roster.  If he doesn't look good, PS at best.  Trubisky is only signed for 1-year and then likely a goner.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, mattynh said:

2 QB's on the PS, pretty sure they can load up the PS with all QB's if they want to.  I dont know of any position restrictions on the PS.  The players can be signed to other teams rosters so that is the risk.

Right. I don’t think it’s much of a risk though. 

It’s crazy to see so many people saying “bye bye Jake” when he was a legitimate steal in the 5th round LAST YEAR and none of us have seen him play.

He will be on the Practice Squad and hopefully he will be a great backup. Until then, why run him out of town?

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2020/4/25/21235805/jake-fromm-2020-nfl-draft-stock-fall-bills-georgia

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Is there a local Walmart near him? 

GB, my Brit friend, there’s a Walmart near everyone everywhere.  I even went to China to adopt my daughter in 2004, and not in a huge city, and there was a Walmart and McD’s there.  The funny part is they had a station where they were chopping off heads of chicken and fish in two different stations.  

my buddy said,  They don’t have those stations at my Walmart.  Dude forget about it and have a quarter pounder. 

true story I swear. 

51 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

He probably will be looking for a new team. Seems like the staff really values what Webb brings behind the scenes so I would expect him to be on the PS just for that purpose. 

Webb is a PS’er at best. Might be best to kick him into the coaching ranks.