What happens with Jake Fromm?

Last year the Bills kept three QB's on the active roster and a fourth on the PS.  That was due at least in part to the pandemic, Fromm was isolated from the other QB's and would have been a Covid replacement if a Denver type situation arose.  Do we see that again this year now that they signed Trubisky?  Covid will be much less of an issue this year, how much so...time will tell.   Trubisky will clearly be the backup so that leaves Fromm as #3 again if they want to keep him.  Not all teams keep three guys active and those positions are critical.  We as fans have seen zero from Fromm due to no preseason last year and he was the Covid QB.  For me he is just as unknown as the day the Bills drafted him.  Do they potentially waive him and risk losing him with the thought of getting him on the PS or keep him on the roster for a second year and then maybe he becomes the backup after Trubisky leaves?

Davis Webb and Fromm fight it out for third string. I am not sure if Fromm can beat out Webb, which is kind of sad. It always seemed like a strange pick to me, but at the time I was hoping Fromm could replace Barkley and become the backup for the next 3-4 years. Now, with Trubisky and Webb getting the call up last year, I’m not so sure Jake makes it. The only thing I think Fromm has going for him with Buffalo is where and when he was drafted.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Can they keep 2? 

2 QB's on the PS, pretty sure they can load up the PS with all QB's if they want to.  I dont know of any position restrictions on the PS.  The players can be signed to other teams rosters so that is the risk.