Who are the 49er's going to take at 3

wagne591

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sad Talk To Me GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I watched the pc live.  What shanahan delivered to me was:  jimmy g can’t be counted on to stay healthy. We HAD to make a move to get another franchise qb because of his injuries.  My thoughts all along.  

They paid a pretty price to get up there to draft the 3rd best qb in the class,

but if they think the qb they draft will be their guy, they made the right choice imo.

• Agree 1

From Tony Pauline:

If the Niners end up taking Mac Jones over Trey Lance, which is the way it looks as of right now, it’s because of what they could not accomplish during the offseason. The team really wanted to sign a veteran quarterback and went hard after Andy Dalton as well as Joe Flacco.

The game plan was then to trade Jimmy Garoppolo, likely to the Patriots, draft Lance, and let him sit for most of the season. The inability to sign Dalton or Flacco put them in a bind and now makes taking a quarterback who’s more NFL-ready a priority.

Imagine feeling like you need to get a rookie that can play right away when your original plan was to start Joe Flacco at this point in his career.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2021-nfl-draft-rumors-buzz-draft-week/

Edited by DCOrange
  • Haha (+1) 2

Houston’s Payton Turner rising up draft boards

(4:45 PM ET) Yesterday, I mentioned Davis Mills as the fastest rising player on draft boards. If there is an equivalent on defense, it would be Houston defensive lineman Payton Turner. Turner is coming off a terrific senior season as well as three good days of practice at the Senior Bowl. Most who I’ve spoken with tell me Turner will be selected ahead of Miami’s Gregory Rousseau, and he has an outside shot of landing in the late part of Round 1.

OT - but reading down I saw this and felt that would be The Bills.  

On 4/20/2021 at 7:41 AM, JMF2006 said:

I think its Trey Lance

To the OP they already have Kittle and would be the laughing stock of the league if they traded up for a TE.

I think they took the right guy....but only time will tell.

19 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sure, if they don’t die first. Then what’s the plan??

they better tell *someone*

They took separate flights , cars , hotels  and never had the same thing for breakfast lunch or dinner ;)

On 4/18/2021 at 7:11 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

I think it will be Lance. They will keep Jimmy G for another year and let Lance develop.  Mac Jones will be the guy that falls to the Steelers in the late 20's.  

The big question is what do the Falcons do at 4? Do they draft QB, trade out, or take Pitts.  

Almost got it right. 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So Chris Simms was lying for his buddy all along. Go figure. 

I said it for weeks.

The media was too caught up in assigning a "type" of QB to Kyle Shanahan.  Since he had success in the past with Kirk Cousins and Matt Ryan, that must be the kind of Quarterback he prefers.

Trading up for Mac Jones never made any sense, and would have been ridiculously stupid.

• Agree 1