The one thing I hope we come out of the draft with is...

Logic

14 hours ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

The one thing I hope we come out of the draft with is...With the 30th pick in the 2021

Draft, the Buffalo Bills select Alabama running back Najee Harris.

1295880345.0.jpg

2021 NFL mock draft: Buffalo Bills select RB Najee Harris By Jeremy Reisman and Erik Schlitt

Given the reverence afforded to that educational and athletic institution by some, I am sure he is capable of becoming first string in his rookie year, and challenging the league record for rushing in 2021, IF Coach McDermott and Company do not mishandle him as they bungled future HoF receiver Robert Foster. 🙄

😁

• Like (+1) 1

1 tech DT

DE OR OLB and convert him to DE

CB

Big Nickel S

TE

Thats all.  I see those as areas of interest, but if you’re just a need guy, you get a bunch of average to maybe above avg. guys.

When you make a board and you at least have these categories, you try and meet with need and BPA.  It’s foolish that good teams only go BPA, but just as much they have an idea if what needs to be filled.  Maybe we really want a DE as a top priority, but the better player overall that’s sitting there is a CB, you take the CB.  I used to have speed RB on my list, but with the addition of Breida for speed, I see the above categories as more important.  Where we pick, I don’t see a quality TE available so he goes down my list.  I also have high hopes for Hollister.  Not that he’s the next Gesecki or Waller and certainly not Kelce or Kittle, but he he catches 10% better than Knox at this point.  Besides, we are mostly a WR driven offense.  The additions of Breida and Hollister should provide some other options though from last year.  It’s not like we were bad ranked 2nd in the NFL.

There should be in the first three rounds quality at CB, A behemoth DT, and maybe a large S or an undersized very fast LB who can fit the Big Nickel role.  I don’t see even moving up much getting a DE.  I’m hopeful Obada takes another step forward.  I also understand why Beane didn’t probably counter for Ngakoue as he needs $ for Allen and Edmunds.

Edited by machine gun kelly

5 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

1 tech DT

DE OR OLB and convert him to DE

CB

Big Nickel S

TE

Thats all.  I see those as areas of interest, but if you’re just a need guy, you get a bunch of average to maybe above avg. guys.

When you make a board and you at least have these categories, you try and meet with need and BPA.  It’s foolish that good teams only go BPA, but just as much they have an idea if what needs to be filled.  Maybe we really want a DE as a top priority, but the better player overall that’s sitting there is a CB, you take the CB.  I used to have speed RB on my list, but with the addition of Breida for speed, I see the above categories as more important.  Where we pick, I don’t see a quality TE available so he goes down my list.  I also have high hopes for Hollister.  Not that he’s the next Gesecki or Waller and certainly not Kelce or Kittle, but he he catches 10% better than Knox at this point.  Besides, we are mostly a WR driven offense.  The additions of Breida and Hollister should provide some other options though from last year.  It’s not like we were bad ranked 2nd in the NFL.

There should be in the first three rounds quality at CB, A behemoth DT, and maybe a large S or an undersized very fast LB who can fit the Big Nickel role.  I don’t see even moving up much getting a DE.  I’m hopeful Obama takes another step forward.  I also understand why Beane didn’t probably counter for Ngakoue as he needs $ for Allen and Edmunds.

May want to fix your post... Obama may cause some issues... (Obada)😉

1 minute ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Lyndon, thank you as auto correct way too early in the morning.  Thank you though as you knew what I meant.  I wrote correctly, but didn’t spell check.  Seriously thank you.  I’ll go back and edit.  Appreciate it.

4 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

ok fixed and again thank you.  Our past president has nothing to do with a football conversation.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, eball said:

...peace and harmony for @FireChans.  I mean, with all of his consternation over focusing on special teams and Beane’s inability to “get the defense right” that’s the least we can ask for.  Come on, Bills, help the guy out.

So much real estate in your noggin I need to start charging rent. How many times you gonna tag me today?

The one thing I hope we come out of this drafts with is..............no embarrassing stories and hopefully no hangover! Our son gets married (again, but this time publicly after a little church event in August) on that Friday evening with a brewery event on the Thursday night before for all their friends.  

We reserved a bunch of tables in the hotel sports bar for Thursday night. Our son hated that the date kept moving and accidentally wound up on draft weekend. I forgive him, stuff happens! 

He got engaged on a Sunday during last season and his now wife said “I KNEW something was up! You NEVER miss a Bills game!” 

Oh, and some speed on offense and a giant load to plug up the middle on defense. And a steal of an edge rusher. I’m a greedy %$#@^&*! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

The one thing I hope we come out of this drafts with is..............no embarrassing stories and hopefully no hangover! Our son gets married (again, but this time publicly after a little church event in August) on that Friday evening with a brewery event on the Thursday night before for all their friends.  

We reserved a bunch of tables in the hotel sports bar for Thursday night. Our son hated that the date kept moving and accidentally wound up on draft weekend. I forgive him, stuff happens! 

He got engaged on a Sunday during last season and his now wife said “I KNEW something was up! You NEVER miss a Bills game!” 

Oh, and some speed on offense and a giant load to plug up the middle on defense. And a steal of an edge rusher. I’m a greedy %$#@^&*! 

Congrats, Augie! 

The draft is cool, but your son getting married is cooler!

(.....that said, I trust you'll sneak away to check your phone here and there to see who's gonna be a Bill? 😝 )

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, FireChans said:

So much real estate in your noggin I need to start charging rent. How many times you gonna tag me today?

Oh, come on, fella, you just seem really, really upset about a 13-3 team that just went to the AFC Championship, has a 24-year old stud franchise QB, and is being praised as having one of the best front offices and coaching staffs in the league.

I’m just having fun.  Lighten up, Francis.

What is wrong with drafting the players that will improve  the team the most?  I know that "BPA" has become the sacred cow, that can not be questioned.  Let's rethink a bit.  Right now, there are not a lot of exceptional DE's available and even the top 5 or so, come with some serious reservations. There is not that much difference between the second tier (late round 1 and round 2) and the players that we already have or could pick up with a cheap trade during roster cut-downs or as FA's.   I saw somewhere that there are a lot of good CB's (18?) who have good grades and many are all about the same.

My vote is to trade down from the first round and up in the second.   Draft RB (one of the top 3) and CB (in no special order) with the first two picks.  Then go BPA with a serious look at either a development type defensive end OR offensive lineman.

The running backs gets their hands on the football between 33% and 55% of the time. (ignoring planned QB runs).  Buffalo is #21 most often running with 38%.   A big improvement in the RB is the best bang for the buck.  The top 3 RB's are also weapons in the passing game and wil add more to the passing game (by creating a speed mismatch (Entente) or good pass catching) as actual receivers (note all the people wanting ANOTHER WR in the draft),  forcing the defense to respect the run, as well as a sort of short pas TE role.

Edited by maryland-bills-fan

In general our draft picks need to start coming through.   While we have had good drafts that resulted in good players we are YET to hit on a blue chip player  (Milano comes as  'very good').  

We need people like Cody Ford.  Epenesa,  the RBs,  Knox, to get to that next step so they form the backbone of this team for the next decade.   This is also the only way we are going to be competitive and still pay Josh.