NFL Football Operations @NFLFootballOps · Apr 16 The 2021 Offseason Program will run for nine weeks with Phase One starting April 19.

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

Yo.  This thread is for discussing team/player reactions about NFL OTAs, which are scheduled to start........TOMORROW

If you don't or can't understand the difference between discussing team/player reactions and NFL protocols, vs injecting in your personal views about The Covids, masking, testing, vaccines etc .....please don't post in this thread.

2 hours ago, nucci said:

I'm sure your job is as risky and prone to serious injury as an NFL player. You shouldn't compare your job and life to a professional athlete. I'm guessing they are a bit different

Statistically, I don't think football is anywhere near a top profession for risk of serious injury or death.

After researching what the players can do during Phase I of OTAs, I got to say that I think it's a non-issue whether they do them virtually or not.  I think most of the guys can get better workouts on their own than working within the NFL's limits on how many can be in the weight room or the building at the same time.  And they can meet virtually from anywhere.

So far the Bills FO, coaches, and players have been 🦗🦗 about their plans though.

Seems odd that there is a league wide limit on the number of individuals in the weight room at the same time. It would only make sense if they all were the same size with very similar or the same equipment layout. Hard to imagine this is the case.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

Seems odd that there is a league wide limit on the number of individuals in the weight room at the same time. It would only make sense if they all were the same size with very similar or the same equipment layout. Hard to imagine this is the case.

Yeah, they started out with a limit based on square feet of the facility and then changed it in response to one of the outbreaks.  

I dunno if it makes sense or was one of those reactive kind of things.

Guess maybe someone will ask Brandon Beane what's going on with Bills OTAs tomorrow?

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Statistically, I don't think football is anywhere near a top profession for risk of serious injury or death.

After researching what the players can do during Phase I of OTAs, I got to say that I think it's a non-issue whether they do them virtually or not.  I think most of the guys can get better workouts on their own than working within the NFL's limits on how many can be in the weight room or the building at the same time.  And they can meet virtually from anywhere.

So far the Bills FO, coaches, and players have been 🦗🦗 about their plans though.

Hap-I’m assuming that’s a cricket.  I don’t have my readers on so my eyes had a hard time figuring out if the emoji was a sail boat, pyramid, roach....