Pete King on Wentz

Mr. WEO

22 minutes ago, MrSarcasm said:

Hurts is no 'quality backup'

Already??

In 4 starts he had more 300+ yard games than Wentz had all year and led to them to their only win after week 8 bye.   For the Eagles, that's a quality backup.

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Already??

In 4 starts he had more 300+ yard games than Wentz had all year and led to them to their only win after week 8 bye.   For the Eagles, that's a quality backup.

Whether he is "quality" or not is still debatable but he is proven good enough to play in the NFL at the sort of base level that you need a backup to play. 

And that is what a team with an ever injured QB needed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Whether he is "quality" or not is still debatable but he is proven good enough to play in the NFL at the sort of base level that you need a backup to play. 

And that is what a team with an ever injured QB needed. 

Surprisingly, many here are struggling with this.

5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Already??

Exactly, 4 starts and he is a 'quality backup' already, a bit preemptive. So you are selectively using the 300 yard game stat... okay.  Drew Lock also had a 300 yard game his rookie year and led his team to a 4-1  record. I guess that makes Lock the next Brady, oh wait he played in 2020 and now he doesn't look too great.

I recall reading that Schwentz rustled more than a few jimmies while he was at NDSU. Dude has some arrogance to him and seems like a "not my fault" kinda guy, at least to a degree. He takes some accountability but overall it seems like he'd rather pass the blame. I think it was said that the dude would need some hand holding in the NFL and supposedly Reich was that guy when he was in Philly. So we'll see how it works in Indy. 

On 4/17/2021 at 10:22 PM, Bferra13 said:

I take Peter King with a grain of salt. He said the phinz would win the division last year. Im a very simple minded person in that way. He can kiss my arse.

Peter King’s 2020 NFL season predictions

Buffalo will be good enough on defense, but Josh Allen worries me. The Bills were held under 20 points in their last five games of 2019. Is the addition of Stefon Diggs enough to get them off the offensive schneid?

The Tua Tagovailoa watch is on in Miami. But if the Dolphins win 10 games as I think they can, the more important additions will come on defense, in corner Byron Jones and versatile linebacker Kyle Van Noy.

AFC Playoff Seeds

Baltimore

Kansas City

Tennessee

Miami

Indianapolis

Buffalo

Las Vegas

I mean they did go 10-6. It wasn't THAT far fetched.

• Like (+1) 1

Indy is by far the best team not being talked about.  Their roster is ridiculous, if Wentz plays even reasonably well they are a threat in the playoffs.  If he plays like people were saying about him during the MVP talk they are Super Bowl contenders.

In my opinion they beat us in the playoffs if not for inexperienced coaching on the other side, if they self assess like McD and Beane do they learned a ton from that loss to us, which makes them even better this year.

Do not sleep on the Colts, or Frank for that matter.

1 hour ago, MrSarcasm said:

Exactly, 4 starts and he is a 'quality backup' already, a bit preemptive. So you are selectively using the 300 yard game stat... okay.  Drew Lock also had a 300 yard game his rookie year and led his team to a 4-1  record. I guess that makes Lock the next Brady, oh wait he played in 2020 and now he doesn't look too great.

Drew Lock would also be a quality backup, yes.  

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, just1hugheser said:

Indy is by far the best team not being talked about.  Their roster is ridiculous, if Wentz plays even reasonably well they are a threat in the playoffs.  If he plays like people were saying about him during the MVP talk they are Super Bowl contenders.

In my opinion they beat us in the playoffs if not for inexperienced coaching on the other side, if they self assess like McD and Beane do they learned a ton from that loss to us, which makes them even better this year.

Do not sleep on the Colts, or Frank for that matter.

Ridiculous?  Defense is pretty good (10th in points).  On Offense, They have have 1 RB over 400 yards last year.  1 receiver of any kind over 700 (the aging TY Hilton).  Only 3 had 500 or more.  Their QB is now Wentz.   

They have Taylor, Mack, and Hines at RB that is a really nice RB room, their OLine is solid, Hilton, Pascal and Pittman isnt amazing but is not terrible either, they have decent TE's, on defense they have a solid front 7 anchored by Buckner and Leonard, and they are very young with Hilton, Carrie, Doyle and Rhodes the oldest of the bunch I believe and everyone else is basically in the 5th year of their career or less. 

Ok so ridiculous was admittedly over stated, but they are definitely solid and well positioned, especially with Tackle, CB, WR being deeper positions in this years draft.

31 minutes ago, just1hugheser said:

They have Taylor, Mack, and Hines at RB that is a really nice RB room, their OLine is solid, Hilton, Pascal and Pittman isnt amazing but is not terrible either, they have decent TE's, on defense they have a solid front 7 anchored by Buckner and Leonard, and they are very young with Hilton, Carrie, Doyle and Rhodes the oldest of the bunch I believe and everyone else is basically in the 5th year of their career or less. 

Ok so ridiculous was admittedly over stated, but they are definitely solid and well positioned, especially with Tackle, CB, WR being deeper positions in this years draft.

Solid is exactly the word to describe the Colts roster. They need more special. Darius Leonard, DeForest Buckner and Quenten Nelson are their 3 best players. I am a big Jonathan Taylor guy but beyond that I am lukewarm on their skill guys and on their edge and corner players. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, just1hugheser said:

Defense is solid.  The Offense really isn't--they lack playmakers.  Adding Wentz (over even Rivers) didn't make them better.  

11 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Drew Lock would also be a quality backup, yes.  

I think Drew Lock would actually be a little unfortunate to lose his starting job based on what we have seen so far. Guys have played far worse and been given far more rope in the past. If Denver hadn't been ravaged by injuries in 2020 they'd have won a couple more games and be totally out of position for these Quarterbacks and it wouldn't be a question. But this is a good enough class that I don't think you can pass on a chance to upgrade Lock if one is there. 

I'm not saying Lock is good by the way.... just that after 18 starts and with injury and covid disruptions last year and his go to receiver missing the whole season I'm not sure he's been bad enough that you would ordinarily say "gotta move on." It is just that there is a chance for Denver if they are willing to move up to get one of these 4 guys who are all better prospects coming out than Lock ever was. 

• Like (+1) 2