Pete King on Wentz

Mr. WEO

for the "Wentz just needs more weapons crowd:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/carson-wentzs-behavior-eagles-was-mind-boggling-says-peter-king

“I’m honestly mind-boggled by the reaction of Carson Wentz,” King said. “This is the big-boy league. You’ve got to understand that the best part of ability is availability, and if you’re not there or might not be there, that team has to buy insurance for if you’re not there. I believe – and one of the reasons why I thought Jalen Hurts was a good pick – that the backup quarterback is one of the most important people on your team. Because you better be sure that if your starting quarterback gets hurt, your season isn’t over. [...]

“He obviously responded very negatively to Jalen Hurts being drafted,” King said. “Like, ‘Oh my God, they’re bringing in somebody to take my place or to put pressure on me or to play mind games,’ whatever it is he’s thinking. He’s probably never going to say it, but we know that he’s got to be ticked off about this. 

Good "Luck", Frank....

• Agree 1

Really stupid take in my book. What other teams have selected a qb in the first round when their franchise qb is in his 20s and suppose to be the franchise guy. You don’t do that if you haven’t already moved on as an organization. Maybe if your starter is getting up there in years ala Rodgers but I mean cmon man. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Really stupid take in my book. What other teams have selected a qb in the first round when their franchise qb is in his 20s and suppose to be the franchise guy. You don’t do that if you haven’t already moved on as an organization. Maybe if your starter is getting up there in years ala Rodgers but I mean cmon man. 

3rd round 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

What if your QB is a head case who can't answer the bell?

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

3rd round 

was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

So he was pick 53 so not as high as I remember. But yea if the chiefs or the bills pick a qb 53 because they need a backup the gm should be fired. 

New England did it pretty regularly -- 2016 Brissett (3rd).  2014 Garoppolo (2nd), 2011 Mallett (3rd)

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

So he was pick 53 so not as high as I remember. But yea if the chiefs or the bills pick a qb 53 because they need a backup the gm should be fired. 

Yeah!  Because........yeah!

When you franchise QB has had 2 full seasons out of 5....and win a SB after the journeyman backup goes 2-1 to lock up home field and then lead them to the SB win...you draft a guy in the 2nd round just in case.  That doesn't get any GMs fired.

Certainly BB didn't get fired:

As Billy Claude pointed out for you and From the article (which you didn't read):

“I look at Tom Brady in 2014, where all he’s done at that point is win four Super Bowls for New England, and now in the draft that year, here comes at the end of the second round, here comes Jimmy Garoppolo, a guy who’s being drafted to replace Brady, who was 37 at that time. And Tom Brady, here’s how he responded. The next four years he wins the MVP once and he wins two Super Bowls. And so to me that’s how a competitor responds. A competitor responds and says you are never ever taking my job. You know? And Carson Wentz just says, ‘OK, you want this guy? Let me get out of here.’”

Rodgers no doubt said the same thing to Love.

• Like (+1) 4

57 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

This could be the best draft of our lives but you guys are going to make it the worst. "Oh, but we don't have high pick Mickey", "there's no reason to watch, Mickey"...well kiss my $##!!!

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mickey said:

This could be the best draft of our lives but you guys are going to make it the worst. "Oh, but we don't have high pick Mickey", "there's no reason to watch, Mickey"...well kiss my $##!!!

I'm not sure you're responding to the correct thread, chief.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

I care so little about the Eagles and Carson Wentz, and so it’s tough for me to muster up enough interest in what went down. 

But I do tend to agree with you. Just tracing this guy’s career, he’s not the sort of guy and was in not the sort of position/head space that you wanted to create a QB controversy by picking Hurts.  

The comparisons to Brady are ridiculous. Brady was well entrenched as a superstar when they were drafting guys like Garappalo, Brissett, Mallett. Wentz was embroiled in QB controversies from Day 1, and was coming off a shaky season. Then he just fell apart last year.

I am not sure how Wentz handled everything was great, but it’s not “mind boggling,” like King suggests. Just an overall weird situation. 

• Agree 2

He's not the same mentally or physically since he got injured. The Eagles knew it.  You could say they always knew it. No Nick Foles heroics and no Super Bowl. 

It's really a 50-50 between a turnaround and Trent Edwards at this juncture for Wentz.

I take Peter King with a grain of salt. He said the phinz would win the division last year. Im a very simple minded person in that way. He can kiss my arse.

Peter King’s 2020 NFL season predictions

Buffalo will be good enough on defense, but Josh Allen worries me. The Bills were held under 20 points in their last five games of 2019. Is the addition of Stefon Diggs enough to get them off the offensive schneid?

The Tua Tagovailoa watch is on in Miami. But if the Dolphins win 10 games as I think they can, the more important additions will come on defense, in corner Byron Jones and versatile linebacker Kyle Van Noy.

AFC Playoff Seeds

Baltimore

Kansas City

Tennessee

Miami

Indianapolis

Buffalo

Las Vegas

Edited by Bferra13

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

Is that a thing on this board? 

It was this past fall.

6 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

for the "Wentz just needs more weapons crowd:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/carson-wentzs-behavior-eagles-was-mind-boggling-says-peter-king

“I’m honestly mind-boggled by the reaction of Carson Wentz,” King said. “This is the big-boy league. You’ve got to understand that the best part of ability is availability, and if you’re not there or might not be there, that team has to buy insurance for if you’re not there. I believe – and one of the reasons why I thought Jalen Hurts was a good pick – that the backup quarterback is one of the most important people on your team. Because you better be sure that if your starting quarterback gets hurt, your season isn’t over. [...]

“He obviously responded very negatively to Jalen Hurts being drafted,” King said. “Like, ‘Oh my God, they’re bringing in somebody to take my place or to put pressure on me or to play mind games,’ whatever it is he’s thinking. He’s probably never going to say it, but we know that he’s got to be ticked off about this. 

Good "Luck", Frank....

Wentz was literally the worst starting QB in the NFL last year.  It’s incredible what the Eagles were able to get in return for him.  And I can’t believe the Colts are handing over the keys to him...That’s a team that’s ready to contend.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

He obviously responded very negatively to Jalen Hurts being drafted,” King said. “Like, ‘Oh my God, they’re bringing in somebody to take my place or to put pressure on me or to play mind games,’ whatever it is he’s thinking. He’s probably never going to say it, but we know that he’s got to be ticked off about this. "

Peter King has become one of the worst.

There are 50 people on this board that are better more interesting and informative reads then King.  

• Like (+1) 1