The Bills will absolutely not draft a QB. What other positions won't be considered?

tomur67

7 hours ago, Motorin' said:

Kicker 

I don’t know.....we haven’t had a respectable drop kicker since Flutie! Probably pass on a good edge rusher for an exceptional drop kicker! BPA! 

Edited by Augie

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t know.....we haven’t had a respectable drop kicker since Flutie! Probably pass on a good edge rusher for an exceptional drop kicker! BPA! 

1 minute ago, BillsfaninSB said:
6 minutes ago, Augie said:

Expand  

Yeah, it wasn’t responding and I have since fixed that. Thanks for pointing it out. That was very helpful. 

11 hours ago, Rigotz said:

I'm sure I'll get some flack for this one, but Tight End.

We have a young, high potential guy in Dawson Knox.

We have a decent veteran in Jacob Hollister, who I think will surprise many.

I don't think we want or need another raw Tight End prospect.

We either need an established veteran who can help us this year, or nobody.

You mean we're not trading a dozen first round picks to move up to the top 5 for Pitts like some on the board are pushing for?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

You mean we're not trading a dozen first round picks to move up to the top 5 for Pitts like some on the board are pushing for?

Ok, so here’s some common sense that should answer it’s not even possible.

Heres the Bills draft and their trade value chart.

Buffalo Bills

30th - 620 pts.

61st - 292 pts.

93rd - 128 pts.

134th - Traded to MN for Diggs

161st - 25.4 pts.

174th - 20.2 pts.

213th - 4.6 pts.

236th - 1 pt.

257th - Traded to Cleveland - I think that was a swap regarding Teller

A total of 1091.2 pts for our entire draft.

Atl. - 4th - 1800 pts.

Cincy - 5th - 1700 pts.

Miami - 6th - 1600 pts.

So we could give away all 7 picks and never get close to this position to get Pitts, or anyone else that high.

We could give away our entire draft to get to 14th which is MN. at 1100 pts., or almost the entire draft to 15th with the Pats at 1050 pts.  meaning we could maybe keep 161st and 174th.

Now can we get back to reality as to what it would take to move up.

We could move up to 24th if the Steelers wanted an extra 3rd pick.  They need help with so many linemen lost and no running game.  Our 1st and 3rd would be 748 pts. and probably what it would take to get to 24th if we thought a valuable Edge Rusher was still there.  We could ask for their 6th and 7th.  So this is how a GM thinks, so we have to give up our 3rd, and swap 1sts, and get back an extra 6th and 7th.

There is more room to move up in the mid rounds if someone is worth it.

Anyone can find our draft order, and I used the drafttek chart.  Most other charts are relatively similar.  If anyone wants to give other examples of what we should do to move up or down for that matter, use the charts available, but the variable lies in does the other team need picks or want to give up picks.  I chose Pittsburgh given how many needs and little $.

Im sure smarter guys than me regarding the draft like GB or Inigo who post a lot on the draft could give even better examples.  The quip, “we should do this or that” without even looking up if it is feasible are unfounded posts.

I do really like posts where you do the math and the trades make complete sense.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Rigotz said:

I'm sure I'll get some flack for this one, but Tight End.

We have a young, high potential guy in Dawson Knox.

We have a decent veteran in Jacob Hollister, who I think will surprise many.

I don't think we want or need another raw Tight End prospect.

We either need an established veteran who can help us this year, or nobody.

Outside the really obvious, that would be my answer 

13 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Fromm is VERY unproven and spent the year away from the team. 

So would a rookie be, and if you read the articles about what happened last season he DID NOT spend the year away from the team, being the Covid protected backup did not mean being away from the team

16 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I highly doubt we draft ILB

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

They will not draft a middle linebacker. If they draft a linebacker it is a guy who can play as a hybrid or as a strong side backer in base. 

Beat ya to it Gunner lol

PT101, not 1st of course, but maybe somewhere mid round we might consider a big nickel guy, meaning an undersized, but fast sideline to sideline LB playing as big nickel against a heavy running team, and TE team like Baltimore.  We might also want a bigger Safety again mid rounds who can perform the same tasks.  I still see the team looking at Edge, CB, Big 1 tech DT, then maybe Big Nickel Safety, and TE.  Not in that order as they need to look at the board matching need.

I was hit on RB until the Breida steal.  He might fit the speed RB thing.  I chose five positions making sense however it happens and throughout whether we use capital or stay where we are, or move down, id love some of these places looked at and considered in the draft.  If they are not difference makers, or gems in the rough, then BPA and forget about it.

6 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Ok, so here’s some common sense that should answer it’s not even possible.

Heres the Bills draft and their trade value chart.

Buffalo Bills

30th - 620 pts.

61st - 292 pts.

93rd - 128 pts.

134th - Traded to MN for Diggs

161st - 25.4 pts.

174th - 20.2 pts.

213th - 4.6 pts.

236th - 1 pt.

257th - Traded to Cleveland - I think that was a swap regarding Teller

A total of 1091.2 pts for our entire draft.

Atl. - 4th - 1800 pts.

Cincy - 5th - 1700 pts.

Miami - 6th - 1600 pts.

So we could give away all 7 picks and never get close to this position to get Pitts, or anyone else that high.

We could give away our entire draft to get to 14th which is MN. at 1100 pts., or almost the entire draft to 15th with the Pats at 1050 pts.  meaning we could maybe keep 161st and 174th.

Now can we get back to reality as to what it would take to move up.

We could move up to 24th if the Steelers wanted an extra 3rd pick.  They need help with so many linemen lost and no running game.  Our 1st and 3rd would be 748 pts. and probably what it would take to get to 24th if we thought a valuable Edge Rusher was still there.  We could ask for their 6th and 7th.  So this is how a GM thinks, so we have to give up our 3rd, and swap 1sts, and get back an extra 6th and 7th.

There is more room to move up in the mid rounds if someone is worth it.

Anyone can find our draft order, and I used the drafttek chart.  Most other charts are relatively similar.  If anyone wants to give other examples of what we should do to move up or down for that matter, use the charts available, but the variable lies in does the other team need picks or want to give up picks.  I chose Pittsburgh given how many needs and little $.

Im sure smarter guys than me regarding the draft like GB or Inigo who post a lot on the draft could give even better examples.  The quip, “we should do this or that” without even looking up if it is feasible are unfounded posts.

I do really like posts where you do the math and the trades make complete sense.

Everything in your post is accurate except you are missing one key thing. You don’t have any allowance for future draft picks. If you want to make a big move up in the first round you need to give up next year’s first round pick. They can easily get from 30 to 15 if they want to. The Chiefs went from 27 to 10 and all they gave up was a 3rd and the following year’s first. It can be done.

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Everything in your post is accurate except you are missing one key thing. You don’t have any allowance for future draft picks. If you want to make a big move up in the first round you need to give up next year’s first round pick. They can easily get from 30 to 15 if they want to. The Chiefs went from 27 to 10 and all they gave up was a 3rd and the following year’s first. It can be done.

Yes, they did that for a QB.  Giving up multiple 1st round picks for a non QB position is not a good move.

14 hours ago, ColeB said:

Yes, I don’t believe they take a QB, even if they had a 2nd round grade on one and he’s available in the 7th.

Disagree here.
 Mcbeanes loves value. and in the later rounds ? That what is all about.
So heck no they are not looking to replace Allen , but Trubisky will likely be gone after this season
 They should take one with value if he drops even nearly that far  
:)
That said i would be surprised if any position is Off the table for Bills 

16 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Ever notice that Fromm is never spoken of in terms of his QB skills, by the FO/HC, only that he is going through the motions holding down the Covid QB designation,   Fromm seems to be the Bills version of the red stapler guy in office space. Does anyone actually know if this kid has a live arm, or has the intangibles to be a NFL QB?, is he likely out of the league in two ish years time?,  could he be waived/cut for a new red stapler guy this draft/ UDFA...

Intangibles yes, arm no. 

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Ethan, I already said I’m not getting into next year as the values go down by a round and my head would explode..  that’s why it’s so hard to d9 this stuff as you can make valuations this round, but a first becomes a second next year and then where are we?  It’s like finding Waldo.  You’re not wrong bud.

no one on this board can do that, not even you, and I respect you pal.  It’s like trying to so,ve three rubrics cubes at the sa,e time if you’re old enough for that stuff.  

My point was not trade up or down reasonably, but stop the ridiculous things that makes absolutely no sense.  You agave always been a reasonable guy. That was my point.  Some posts are similar to a couple of years ago we are there for Rodgers, or 10 years ago for Favre.

I hope that makes sense Ethan.