Win total predictions

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31264141/nfl-win-total-predictions-2021-reporters-make-picks-all-32-teams
The line on every team win total ion the upcoming season.
I don't disagree with what it says about the Bills.
I don't usually bet - but could someone explain to me
There are 17 games in the regular season for every team so  the most there can be is 272 wins (there could be less if there are ties).
The line predicts 275.5 wins, so theoretically if  I bet the under on all teams I'm guaranteed to win or am I missing something?

18 minutes ago, BillsIsrael said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31264141/nfl-win-total-predictions-2021-reporters-make-picks-all-32-teams
There are 17 games in the regular season for every team so  the most there can be is 272 wins (there could be less if there are ties).
The line predicts 275.5 wins, so theoretically if  I bet the under on all teams I'm guaranteed to win or am I missing something?

Not guaranteed to win. The payouts aren’t 1 to 1.  The payout ranges from +135 to -160.  

The bills are 10.5.  I love the over, but the bet is -125, so you have to bet $125 in order to win $100.  

the packers line is 10.5, but the over is -160 and the under is +130 ( @Mr. WEO, you should jump all over this!!)

57 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Not guaranteed to win. The payouts aren’t 1 to 1.  The payout ranges from +135 to -160.  

The bills are 10.5.  I love the over, but the bet is -125, so you have to bet $125 in order to win $100.  

the packers line is 10.5, but the over is -160 and the under is +130 ( @Mr. WEO, you should jump all over this!!)

lol

I put all my money on the Lions and over. Although to be consistent, I should lay some on the under for the Rams---that dumb QB swap gonna make me some De Niro!! 

1 hour ago, BillsIsrael said:

First.  You'd have to pay whatever the vig is for each bet slightly minimizing your profits.  You're also betting individual teams and not overall wins.  You could easily have 17 teams go over because you have a few teams only have one to three wins boosting everyone else's win totals.

For example, last year half of the AFC teams had double digit wins because the Jets, Jaguars, Texans, and Bengals didn't win more than four.

Edited by Doc Brown

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

lol

I put all my money on the Lions and over. Although to be consistent, I should lay some on the under for the Rams---that dumb QB swap gonna make me some De Niro!! 

The under on the Rams is -140 on my app.  Ugh.  -125 is usually the most I usually pay on the o/u win totals.  -140 is steep

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The under on the Rams is -140 on my app.  Ugh.  -125 is usually the most I usually pay on the o/u win totals.  -140 is steep

Yeah but Stafford is old and busted up.  His best days are years behind him and Megatron isn't walking through that Rams locker room door for him to sail jump balls to....

And Goff can win 6.  Can you imagine if the the Bills.....after Josh had made the PB twice, taken them to the SB, averaged 4300 yards a year for 4 years as full time starter completing 64% of his passes....traded him the the Lions for Stafford????  It's "mind boggling".

18 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yeah but Stafford is old and busted up.  His best days are years behind him and Megatron isn't walking through that Rams locker room door for him to sail jump balls to....

And Goff can win 6.  Can you imagine if the the Bills.....after Josh had made the PB twice, taken them to the SB, averaged 4300 yards a year for 4 years as full time starter completing 64% of his passes....traded him the the Lions for Stafford????  It's "mind boggling".

Idk.....I’d rather have stafford over Goff.....

Dan Campbell....

Tyrell Williams and breshard perriman 1-2 WRs......

3 good players on D (imo)......

playing the NFC West and AFC North...,,,

I wouldn’t bet on Detroit to win 6 games at -115.  

Not sure on this.   All I can say for sure is that for the first time in at least 20 years, I can say definitively, in April, that the Bills will be more than competitive against  every team they play this coming season.  No doubt.  Not a team on the schedule that is an L.  Nope.   that feels amazing.

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Idk.....I’d rather have stafford over Goff.....

Dan Campbell....

Tyrell Williams and breshard perriman 1-2 WRs......

3 good players on D (imo)......

playing the NFC West and AFC North...,,,

I wouldn’t bet on Detroit to win 6 games at -115.  

It' a bizarre move by the Rams.  Stafford is high milage.  The only bought the last 2 years of his current contract.  $160 million for a 74-90 career, 3 playoff games, all losses.

Their division will be tougher to win 11 games in than the Lions in the NFC North with Vikes and Bears.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It' a bizarre move by the Rams.  Stafford is high milage.  The only bought the last 2 years of his current contract.  $160 million for a 74-90 career, 3 playoff games, all losses.

Their division will be tougher to win 11 games in than the Lions in the NFC North with Vikes and Bears.

But the lions only have 5 good players on the entire team.....and they’re being coached by Dan Campbell 

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

But the lions only have 5 good players on the entire team.....and they’re being coached by Dan Campbell 

They won 11 games once with the mannequin Jim Caldwell.  Matt Patricia was a paler  Hue Jackson and they won 5.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Maybe.  He's definitely good for 5 wins these days.

Schwartz, Caldwell, Patricia.  Those are staffords coaches.  

1st rd picks drafted by the lions after stafford

pettigrew

suh

best

fairley

reiff

ansah

ebron

tominlson

decker

j davis

Ragnow

hockenson

okudah

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Schwartz, Caldwell, Patricia.  Those are staffords coaches.  

1st rd picks drafted by the lions after stafford

pettigrew

suh

best

fairley

reiff

ansah

ebron

tominlson

decker

j davis

Ragnow