194 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Bills select with the 61st pick

• Jabril Cox, LB, LSU
    • Tyler Shelvin, DT, LSU
    • Elijah Molden Slot corner/S, Washington
    • D’Wayne Eskeridge- WR, central Michigan
    • Quinn Meinerz C/OG Wisconsin-Whitewater

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

I’m not trying to convince you of anything either. It’s not a big nickel when the guy playing the big nickel is a LB.  it’s a 4-3.  there really isn’t anything else to say.  Sure, he might be able to coexist on the field with Edmunds and Milano playing in a 4-3.  There’s just no reason to call it a big nickel.  It’s just weird 

Fine, I'll give you that. My disagreement (not with you) was that he would have no role/wouldn't fit in McDermott's D. That is completely false.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/17/2021 at 5:40 PM, NewEra said:

I’ll cut it to 5 once someone breaks this tie for 5th

This is just a 4-3.

similar to drafting Cox and playing him in the “big nickel”.  It’s not a big nickel....it’s a 4-3.  Can the player in that “big nickel” position cover WRs in the slot and well as TE’s?  If not, than no.....they can’t really play the position.  Can Milano cover WRs in the slot?  Idk.  Seems to me that it’s always Edmunds being targeted in the pass game.  

Wouldn’t a natural 4-3 with Edmunds/Collins/Milano put their defense in the best position as opposed to that hybrid “big nickel”?

12 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Wouldn’t a natural 4-3 with Edmunds/Collins/Milano put their defense in the best position as opposed to that hybrid “big nickel”?

That all depends on if the collective LB unit can cover WRs and TEs. As of now, Edmunds and Milano haven’t had much success in that respect imo.  Both are supposed to be good in coverage, yet opposing tight ends dominate them weekly.  Collins has shown some ability in zone coverage playing in college, but I have no clue how effective he’ll be playing it in the nfl.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

With Ossai in the 1st, I went with Shelvin in the 2nd.

I was already leaning toward Shelvin without knowing who we got at #30, and like the doubling-down on improving the DL.

Jabril Cox is definitely another interesting choice there. But without a ton of research, I default to building from the trenches-back.

I think we're reaching a bit on both picks, but wouldnt hate it if Beane went this way (especially since it would have the Beane Seal of Approval).

I like Meinerz and Shelvin.

Tough choice as both have the upside to shore up either side of the ball after some development.

Took Shelvin as I feel like our oline struggled at times against the better front 4's, but interior defensive line play was a more consistent issue affecting the play of our entire defense.

Also if we can get more stops from our defense it can take some of the heat off the offense to have to carry the team when they are struggling to move the ball.

Still, I like the Meinerz kid. He will need some technique work, but shows a strong base and leverage. Good material to start with and great olineman name.

Can I confess now I got my guy that at the point I voted Shelvin was 3 votes ahead of Meinerz and I was locked in on him and trying to trade up for him with the Falcons. So I voted for Shelvin. I rigged the vote. 

My real life vote from this shortlist of options would be Jabril Cox. I just have him graded in a totally different tier than the rest of those guys. 

On 4/18/2021 at 10:58 AM, glazeduck said:

So so sad. I’m glad none of us are drafting for the bills in real life. 

IDK glaze, if I were drafting we’d have Metcalf and Jonathan Taylor or the team from the past couple drafts. This year I’m pulling for Collins 

Edited by Solomon Grundy

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

IDK glaze, if I were drafting we’d have Metcalf and Jonathan Taylor or the team from the past couple drafts. This year I’m pulling for Collins 

LOL that was my super nice way of throwing shade at everyone who voted for Tyler Shelvin in the 2nd round. I was a big Metcalf guy too -- I wanted him in the first, so right there with you.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Taylor was drafted @41, 13 picks prior to our 2nd pick pick.  

I love Collins and I’d be happy with him. I think drafting a SLB is a little strange unless we plan on playing a lot less nickel.  I hope to see a somewhat drastic change in defensive philosophy, so I guess that would be a somewhat drastic change.  I love love love Collins’ versatility.  

On 4/17/2021 at 8:24 PM, KOKBILLS said:

I would agree with just about any other LB...But not Cox. Take into consideration we may have 2 teams in our Division alone (if Miami gets Pitts) that roll out 12 personnel on most downs. If the Bills took Cox it would be with the idea that he's on the field every down vs. 12 personnel...

In the scenario we have here...Shelvin (who I LOVE for the Bills), Cox, or Molden...I think Cox is pretty clearly the BPA...

Note - I have no idea why Eskeridge or Meinerz are on this poll. It's too early for either of them IMHO...Especially Meinerz. But anyway...😎

I think it is a bit early for Meinerz, but the kid has a lot of upside and I can see him going early even though he's a bit of a project.

He did so surprisingly well at the Senior Bowl that he got a lot of press too so there is the "noticed" factor.

Still a bit of a reach...

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Can I confess now I got my guy that at the point I voted Shelvin was 3 votes ahead of Meinerz and I was locked in on him and trying to trade up for him with the Falcons. So I voted for Shelvin. I rigged the vote. 

My real life vote from this shortlist of options would be Jabril Cox. I just have him graded in a totally different tier than the rest of those guys. 

Yeah...the biggest knock on Shelvin has always been the weight, not so much his play..

The Bills would just put him on the Epenesa diet plan and shrinky-dink him down to a stocky TE in a year 😁

19 hours ago, NewEra said:

Taylor was drafted @41, 13 picks prior to our 2nd pick pick.  

I love Collins and I’d be happy with him. I think drafting a SLB is a little strange unless we plan on playing a lot less nickel.  I hope to see a somewhat drastic change in defensive philosophy, so I guess that would be a somewhat drastic change.  I love love love Collins’ versatility.  

I wanted the Bills to move up to get Taylor. I thought he was that dynamic.

• Like (+1) 1