194 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Bills select with the 61st pick

• Jabril Cox, LB, LSU
    • Tyler Shelvin, DT, LSU
    • Elijah Molden Slot corner/S, Washington
    • D’Wayne Eskeridge- WR, central Michigan
    • Quinn Meinerz C/OG Wisconsin-Whitewater

5 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Wait. Basham and Tryon are both still available in this mock?! I would take either of them over anyone else on that list.  Can’t have too many guys that can get to the QB. 

Me too, but I don’t think either will *really* be available at 61 in the actual draft.

9 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Wait. Basham and Tryon are both still available in this mock?! I would take either of them over anyone else on that list.  Can’t have too many guys that can get to the QB. 

What are we waiting for?  

25 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Curious why so many are voting offensive line. Seems like that was the position Beane made a point to solidify over the offseason. 

Probably because our center is injury prone with mush head, while our Lg and RG are poopoo

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Curious why so many are voting offensive line. Seems like that was the position Beane made a point to solidify over the offseason. 

Both OG are on 1 year deals and not very good, and our C is likely also gone next year. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Probably because our center is injury prone with mush head, while our Lg and RG are poopoo

Feliciano held his own filling in for Morse last year and we also have Bates.

If they think they have their future Center on the roster, they'll go in another direction. If they don't, Meinerz wouldn't be a bad pick here.

8 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Jabril Cox has no role on our defense. He would just back up Milano. For a 2nd round pick I would hate that.

I would agree with just about any other LB...But not Cox. Take into consideration we may have 2 teams in our Division alone (if Miami gets Pitts) that roll out 12 personnel on most downs. If the Bills took Cox it would be with the idea that he's on the field every down vs. 12 personnel...

In the scenario we have here...Shelvin (who I LOVE for the Bills), Cox, or Molden...I think Cox is pretty clearly the BPA...

Note - I have no idea why Eskeridge or Meinerz are on this poll. It's too early for either of them IMHO...Especially Meinerz. But anyway...😎

Edited by KOKBILLS

6 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

If he is a LB, isn't that just a 4-3 defense with him on the field with Milano and Edmunds?

I think they have to be careful not to look too hard for a "big nickel".  Sure, if you can get JOK great, but if they are taking someone and force-fitting them into a role that isn't ideal for them, just to say you have a "big nickel" it is a risky proposition.

5 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Why can't Milano fill that role? Didn't Milano play safety in his career? That's why I wanted Collins in Rd 1. Edmunds/Collins/Milano would be very intriguing

Really? Matt Milano is 6' 0", 221 lbs. Jabril Cox is 6' 4" 231. It's apples to oranges.

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

I’ll cut it to 5 once someone breaks this tie for 5th

This is just a 4-3.

similar to drafting Cox and playing him in the “big nickel”.  It’s not a big nickel....it’s a 4-3.  Can the player in that “big nickel” position cover WRs in the slot and well as TE’s?  If not, than no.....they can’t really play the position.  Can Milano cover WRs in the slot?  Idk.  Seems to me that it’s always Edmunds being targeted in the pass game.  

We can agree to disagree and that's fine. Personally, I think Cox has the necessary attributes to fill the 'Big Nickel' role. I'm not trying to convince you otherwise and you're not going to dissuade me. JMO.

34 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Really? Matt Milano is 6' 0", 221 lbs. Jabril Cox is 6' 4" 231. It's apples to oranges.

We can agree to disagree and that's fine. Personally, I think Cox has the necessary attributes to fill the 'Big Nickel' role. I'm not trying to convince you otherwise and you're not going to dissuade me. JMO.

I’m not trying to convince you of anything either. It’s not a big nickel when the guy playing the big nickel is a LB.  it’s a 4-3.  there really isn’t anything else to say.  Sure, he might be able to coexist on the field with Edmunds and Milano playing in a 4-3.  There’s just no reason to call it a big nickel.  It’s just weird 

I like Molden in this spot to compete with Johnson who's in the last year of his contract.  I think he's an upgrade at slot corner.

We could pry easily get Shelvin in round 3.  I prefer not to reach.

Mocks are weird.  I have done at least a couple hundred.  In one, and I'm not kidding, Kyle Pitts was on the board at #30.  I took him.  The next mock he was gone at #4.  

The second round pick obviously depends on the first round pick.  There is no need to take another end rusher.  We need a corner, and I suggest we take the best fit for corner.  Unless, of course, somebody fantastic drops into our lap.  Many people thought I was nuts when I posted my support for Rondale Moore, but if he was there at this point I would dance my way to the podium and snag him.