194 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Bills select with the 61st pick

• Jabril Cox, LB, LSU
    • Tyler Shelvin, DT, LSU
    • Elijah Molden Slot corner/S, Washington
    • D’Wayne Eskeridge- WR, central Michigan
    • Quinn Meinerz C/OG Wisconsin-Whitewater

44 minutes ago, NewEra said:

We aren’t going to cut Jerry, Addison, epenesa, Obada or Ossai. Bam is a ST stud who they seem to love.  Seems like a waste considering that we have other needs to fill.  

Addison and Hughes are at the end of there career and Obada is on a one year contract. Doesn’t hurt to have 6 DEs and plan for the future rather than reach. We don’t have many “needs”. 

is that OK State Corner still around? He may be the best DB left

Edited by NeverOutNick

3 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Addison and Hughes are at the end of there career and Obama is a one year contract. Doesn’t hurt to have 6 DEs and plan for the future rather than reach. We don’t have many “needs”. 

is that OK State Corner still around? He may be the best DB left

I hear ya.  I agree that we need an influx of talent along the DL.  I just think doubling up on DE with our first two picks is a mismanagement of resources.

williams is a decent fit, I just think that rd2 is a big reach

Edited by NewEra

2 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

I think Basham should at least be on the list? His value is too high to not be considered but I definitely understand it would be a luxury pick over a relative need like corner. 

I added Basham and Tryon 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

I still may vote for Jordan or Cox but thank you those guys should’ve already been gone. Jordan could be a nice add. Those TEs from the U usually produce in the NFL

Agreed. Both are in conversation for bpa at this spot

• Like (+1) 1

Give me Shelvin to go with Ossai.  

The Offense, as currently constructed with zero additions, should be a league leader in scoring.  

I want this DL to be transformed if we’re going to invest in defense via the draft.  

Rotate Star and Shelvin so Oliver and Butler can do their thing penetrating the interior of opponents OL’s, with 2 young pass rushers is Epenesa and Ossai to utilize with Hughes, Addison and Obada. 

• Like (+1) 1

I also agree that maybe next time everyone will see how the bottom falls out on top tier Corners or even even utility standouts like JOK and Collins a lot faster than it does tier 2 TEs. Ideally we would’ve gotten our DE here and had Collins or your boy Campbell round one

I’m still torn.

I think Radunz is likely the BPA.  But can he play guard?  

Cox is in the running for BPA, but he’s a taller Milano.  He can’t play mlb.  Can Milano play MLB?  Is he overkill?  

Molden is in the running for BPA, but can’t play outside corner

D”Wayne Eskeridge is my favorite player/value on the list. 

Kenneth Gainwell is my favorite player on the list, but might be there rd 3.  Might be a reach @ 61 but he’d be worth it IMO.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m still torn.

I think Radunz is likely the BPA.  But can he play guard?  

Cox is in the running for BPA, but he’s a taller Milano.  He can’t play mlb.  Can Milano play MLB?  Is he overkill?  

Molden is in the running for BPA, but can’t play outside corner

D”Wayne Eskeridge is my favorite player/value on the list. 

Kenneth Gainwell is my favorite player on the list, but might be there rd 3.  Might be a reach @ 61 but he’d be worth it IMO.  

A ton of these guys are nowhere near round 2 talents. I chose Molden cause I like him as a joker role/Honey Badger-esque, but he wouldn’t be my pick.

We reaches like crazy for Ossai, and undoubtedly we will again in this thread. 

The Menierz kid being TBD’s favorite is peak TBD draft season. You don’t draft a guy in the second round who would have been lucky to be a UDFA 4 months ago.
This isn’t a “wow, he wasn’t on anyone’s radar, but look at how great he was on the tape” situation. This is a “wow, he wasn’t on anyone’s radar, hasn’t played in a year, and had “okay” tape against the lowest possible competition when he did play, but he worked out a lot and looked decent against higher competition at the senior bowl.” His stock has gone from fringe camp invite to second round pick and everyone’s favorite story in the pre-draft process.

Mike Mamula anyone?

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I took him with the jags pick earlier rd 2.

We have no clue how good star will be and he’ll be gone after this year.  He may not be able to stay healthy.  He may stink. 1T is a big need imo.  

That’s true, but I have a hard time liking any of the 1T DTs in this draft.  I know several people seem to like Tyler Shelvin, but I worry about him being and staying in shape and he offers almost nothing in pass rush.  Rotating him out in passing situations might be hard because he will take a bit of time to get on/off the field.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Agreed. 

if we would’ve taken Tyson Campbell in rd 1, we would have Carlos Basham and Joe Tryon on the list.  I’d much rather have that combination than what we have here

I don’t think that either will make it to pick 61.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

A ton of these guys are nowhere near round 2 talents. I chose Molden cause I like him as a joker role/Honey Badger-esque, but he wouldn’t be my pick.

We reaches like crazy for Ossai, and undoubtedly we will again in this thread. 

The Menierz kid being TBD’s favorite is peak TBD draft season. You don’t draft a guy in the second round who would have been lucky to be a UDFA 4 months ago.
This isn’t a “wow, he wasn’t on anyone’s radar, but look at how great he was on the tape” situation. This is a “wow, he wasn’t on anyone’s radar, hasn’t played in a year, and had “okay” tape against the lowest possible competition when he did play, but he worked out a lot and looked decent against higher competition at the senior bowl.” His stock has gone from fringe camp invite to second round pick and everyone’s favorite story in the pre-draft process.

Mike Mamula anyone?

Agreed.  In hindsight, the Ossai pick, based on the outcome of the 31-60 picks, was a very poor choice.....unless he turns out to be Jerry Hughes 2.0.  

When drafting players, as long as they turn out to be what you’re hoping for (or better than that) than it was a good pick.  While the remaining selections @ 61 are less than appealing to many, if the guy we draft turns out to be a key player for years to come, than he was a great pick.  Regardless of the value and people scouting reports. All of that stuff means nothing.  The only thing that matters is how the player performs.  

Sure, it would be ideal if the BPA, when we select in every round, turned out to play a position of need.  But if it’s not, it’s ok.  That just means you have to spend some FA money on a 1 year deal to patch the hole.  Just don’t reach on a player because you need to fill the position.  There are other ways to fill it.  Just draft good players and you’ll be fine.

2 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

Tyron would be great if we hadn't gone edge in Round 1.  i like tryon better than Ossai.    

Jabril for me.  Athletic, cover some TE's

But when does he play?  This year, next year, the year after?  We played nickel 91% of our defensive snaps last season.  Tops in the league.  McD isn’t taking Edmunds off the field.  He’s not taking Milano off the field.  Can he play “big nickel”?  Or will he be exploited by the smaller, faster slot WRs?  I know he’s great in coverage, but can he legitimately cover the slot WRs routinely?  if the answer is yes, than I’m all for him as our big nickel.  From what I’ve seen, I’m leaning towards no, but I’m not pro.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Agreed.  In hindsight, the Ossai pick, based on the outcome of the 31-60 picks, was a very poor choice.....unless he turns out to be Jerry Hughes 2.0.  

When drafting players, as long as they turn out to be what you’re hoping for (or better than that) than it was a good pick.  While the remaining selections @ 61 are less than appealing to many, if the guy we draft turns out to be a key player for years to come, than he was a great pick.  Regardless of the value and people scouting reports. All of that stuff means nothing.  The only thing that matters is how the player performs.  

Sure, it would be ideal if the BPA, when we select in every round, turned out to play a position of need.  But if it’s not, it’s ok.  That just means you have to spend some FA money on a 1 year deal to patch the hole.  Just don’t reach on a player because you need to fill the position.  There are other ways to fill it.  Just draft good players and you’ll be fine.

When it hits 5 hours, can you drop it to the best 5 remaining?

Bruce Nolan (Buffalo Rumblings Podcaster) is high on Richie Grant - S - UCF. I figure Gabriel Davis will have some inside intel on him, too. If he's good in Gabe and Bruce's books, and THIS is the list, I say take him.

CAVEAT: I would try to trade back a handful of spots (5-8), and see if we can add a 4th and get Grant. Not many teams take S in the 2nd, but we need to plan for a future after Poyer/Hyde (sadly... I don't want to think about it, but we do need to plan ahead).

• Like (+1) 1