Breakfast Sandwiches

BringBackFergy

Just had a really good one here at home. What’s your “go to” breakfast sandwich. 

Everything bagel - toasted light with butta

Bfast sausage patty - local butcher makes them. (Although homemade venison bacon in a bologna casing  is crispy and a nice alternative)

White American cheese

Egg, over easy in shape to fit inside the round bagel. Cooked so there’s a little runny yoke but not a lot. 
Tabasco sauce for dipping. 

(English muffin is ok as well...but bagel is a good meal)

You guys put any other toppings on? Avocado slice? Tomato?

• Like (+1) 1

If I get a breakfast sandwich it’s usually at McDonalds on the way to an early morning sporting event for one of my kids.  My go-to is chicken on a biscuit with cheese and bacon.  

I did have an interesting breakfast sandwich a couple weeks ago though.  Saw it at the farmers market and was curious...thought I’d give it a try.  It was Genoa salami on a bagel with cream cheese.  I was pleasantly surprised.  Tasty combo!

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Just had a really good one here at home. What’s your “go to” breakfast sandwich. 

Bfast sausage patty - local butcher makes them. (Although homemade venison bacon in a bologna casing  is crispy and a nice alternative)

White American cheese

Egg, over easy in shape to fit inside the round bagel. Cooked so there’s a little runny yoke but not a lot. 

Your homemade pastrami breakfast sammiches at the tailgate were killer!!

Must give a nod to @mrags for his breakfast "fatties," too.  Heavenly.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

White American cheese

Excellent topic. Mr. Miyagi approves.

1) my standard at home is pretty simple— bacon, egg, and cheese on an English muffin, croissant, or homemade biscuit. Egg is over medium and cheese is preferably American. 

2) not exactly a breakfast sammie, but I have been digging recently my poached egg on a hearty toast, slathered in guacamole or avocado, with liberal hot sauce and pepper. My 6-year old loves that one too. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I got one of these several years ago, best $25 I've ever spent, use it almost every day.  

Breakfast Sandwich Makers - HamiltonBeach.com

Let it warm up, put in your ingredients, and 4-5 minutes later, you have a sandwich. 

You’re an aristocrat. What about a good, old fashioned, fry pan?

8 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

If I get a breakfast sandwich it’s usually at McDonalds on the way to an early morning sporting event for one of my kids.  My go-to is chicken on a biscuit with cheese and bacon.  

I did have an interesting breakfast sandwich a couple weeks ago though.  Saw it at the farmers market and was curious...thought I’d give it a try.  It was Genoa salami on a bagel with cream cheese.  I was pleasantly surprised.  Tasty combo!

Ohhh, that salami and cream cheese on a bagel sounds really good!

I very rarely do fast food joints these days, but back in my college days I worked a summer with a guy who would get a sausage biscuit and put yellow mustard on it. It sounded disgusting.......until I tried it. The mustard makes the biscuit and I got hooked for a while! 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

White American cheese

Wow, aren’t you Mr. FooFoo?

Gimme a sausage egg & cheese biscuit and I’m good till lunch.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Just Jack said:

I got one of these several years ago, best $25 I've ever spent, use it almost every day.  

Breakfast Sandwich Makers - HamiltonBeach.com

Let it warm up, put in your ingredients, and 4-5 minutes later, you have a sandwich. 

HA!  My first thought was "Jack spends $25 on a breakfast sandwich every day??  Wow!! dude must be rich!"

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.