Marquise Goodwin signed by the Bears

1 hour ago, The Governor said:

He definitely played the organization hard but I wonder if he had permission to do his thing and they just kept quiet about it. We did stink so it didn’t matter all that much.

I mean, we were 8-8 in 2015 with 2 games we lost by 3 points, one game by 7 points, 1 game by 8 points.

The Steelers made the playoffs at 10-6 that season.

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/17/2021 at 1:17 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

LOL at me "smearing his reputation" while YOU refer to him as "Glass", the nickname given to him for being so often on injury report.

Who are you, his agent or his brother?

It was all over the news before he was drafted, him telling teams and reporters he was focused on football now, determined to show everyone he was a Football Player who used to do track, not a track star trying to do football: "I am 100 percent committed to being a professional football player." As Goodwin told teammates when he walked off the track in London four years ago: “That was my last jump ever.”

In 2015 during the off season, he returned to track and tried to qualify for the World Championships.  It may not be a coincidence that he was injured so much that 2015 season, the training and body composition needs of an elite long jumper and the training and body composition needs of an NFL WR not being entirely the same. 

I'm not saying he was "faking injury" during the 2015 season, but I'm pretty sure it was credibly reported that he started training for the Olympics after he went on IR, before the end of the season.  And it's a fact that he was training for the Olympics during the spring and summer of 2016, while under Football contract for the Bills and forgoing parts of OTAs, minicamp, and training camp to do so not to mention focusing on a different sort of training instead of doing the sort of WR-specific training we see glimpses of Diggs, Gabe Davis, McKenzie etc undergoing.

In 2016, after failing to qualify for the Olympics and in a contract year he buckled down and did enough as an WR to get a 2nd contract.

So yeah, seems pretty clear he was using his Bills salary given to him to play football, to pursue his Olympic track dreams, AFTER telling teams he was "100 percent committed to being a professional football player" and "that was my last jump ever".

A couple things to clarify:

1.) He was placed on the season-ending reserve injured list with 10 games left in the season and the decision to place him on that list was not his to make. 

2.) He had permission from the team to commence training for the Olympics once his ribs healed. 

This idea that he was trying to pull a fast one on the Bills is just not true. 

• Like (+1) 1