Allen had 21 dropped interceptions last year

Only skimmed the first couple pages but I wonder if dropped interceptions correlate with pass attempts?

So 4 of the top 5 in dropped interceptions were in the top 6 in pass attempts (brees being the one that isn't in the top 6)

Edit: The dropped interceptions stat would need to become a percentage of passes because its obvious that a QB who throws the ball more will have more 

Edit 2: looking at the Twitter looks like the non percentage tweets were to strictly drum up clicks/likes/retweets

Edited by Cheektowaga Chad
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Is it okay to admit that most of the plays highlighted early on in the linked video are in fact highly-interceptable throws? Roughly 8 or 9 of them.

Then, beginning around 1:20 with the Colts game highlight, we get mostly contested balls, passes defensed, or miscues that don't exactly hit a waiting defender's hands. Definitely still another pass or two that coulda/shoulda been picked, but mostly just unsuccessful throws. 

My hasty tally for the highlight package is something like 9-5, interceptable-to-simply-incomplete throws. 

Allen absolutely holds the ball too long at times, eventually throwing ill-advised, telegraphed gifts at a target he's been staring down. Then again, that's how we also get those toe-drag swag plays from Gabriel Davis in the playoffs against the Colts, for example. Gotta take the good-to-great with the bad. 

Oh boy, I love these subjective zero context stats haters dig up.  On top of most of those not even being actual drops, Josh's arm-cannon play style naturally lends itself to higher occurrences of "near misses" being able to fire the ball through narrow windows and the defender actually has little to no chance to actually make a real play on it.

The epitome of a useless stat and great example of "There's three types of lies.  Lies, damned lies, and statistics".

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Is it okay to admit that most of the plays highlighted early on in the linked video are in fact highly-interceptable throws? Roughly 8 or 9 of them.

Then, beginning around 1:20 with the Colts game highlight, we get mostly contested balls, passes defensed, or 

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH....

No. It’s NOT ok.

Turn in your fan card.

• Haha (+1) 2

If we’re gonna play this game, then we gotta also count every dropped pass by his receivers.  Knox alone would make a pretty long highlight reel.  JA might have had a 6000 yard season...

Yeah.. didn’t go digging for the Allen video, but counted 8 of 19 that were really drops from Maholmes.  I think we all forget, half the reason guys play DB is they can’t catch.    Pass break ups, hitting a D lineman etc, bull crap stat.

2 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

Do they show all 21?

My guess is the ones they didn't show involved fans dropping throw away passes into the stands.

As I said earlier, this stat however poorly measured, is likely a sign that Allen is an elite QB.  What distinguishes exceptional NFL QB's from great college QB's is putting the ball in very tight places.  They look like they could be picked off but they seldom are.  And a lot of them are completed resulting in highlight reel plays.

Hard to tell - but I know Josh also took a ton of chances when there was a defensive penalty like off sides.  Not sure if those "free plays" are part of this or not.  I really liked his awareness on the field to take a shot on those plays.  Not something ive seen from bills QBs over the last 20 years.

15 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Then, beginning around 1:20 with the Colts game highlight, we get mostly contested balls, passes defensed, or miscues that don't exactly hit a waiting defender's hands. Definitely still another pass or two that coulda/shoulda been picked, but mostly just unsuccessful throws. 

My hasty tally for the highlight package is something like 9-5, interceptable-to-simply-incomplete throws. 

Allen absolutely holds the ball too long at times, eventually throwing ill-advised, telegraphed gifts at a target he's been staring down. Then again, that's how we also get those toe-drag swag plays from Gabriel Davis in the playoffs against the Colts, for example. Gotta take the good-to-great with the bad. 

Doubt you would have picked them off either 

• Haha (+1) 1