Allen had 21 dropped interceptions last year

I mean - by this could have/ would have logic - the Bills had 2 dropped TDs against KC the first time around and probably win the game if they connect. 

Also - Allen had an INT added to his total that simply wasn't.... (The Rams game debacle) 

• Like (+1) 4

37 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Josh Allen throws the ball so hard we are lucky that OUR guys catch the balls......much less a opponent

If he threw them any harder he'd have to throw them the day after so they could travel back in time to game day.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

This account is run by Cian Fahey. He is known for having really out there takes about QBs. He hated Mahomes and Allen coming out so it's no surprise he posted a thread that tried to make them look worse than they really are. 

There are bad takes and then there are straight out stupidly insane takes.

5 hours ago, Mango said:

Allen can get away with a lot because of the velocity he puts on the ball. Some of that is good. Some of that it not so good. His fast ball is tough to catch, especially if you’re a defender not planning on catching it. 

I would like to see the full data set. His company isn’t bad. Just curious if this is a stat line that anybody should be paying attention to historically. Not for Allen, just curious in general. 

Allen's company here is very good. 

And I seem to remember on more then one occasion QB evaluators talking about the single biggest difference between great college and pro QB's is the willingness to throw the ball when the WR doesn't look open. College QB's wait to see separation. Elite NFL QB's put the ball in very tight places.  Like "almost" interception tight spaces.

I suspect that this stat actually demonstrates just how elite Allen really is. 

• Like (+1) 2

Some of those drops were not getting caught, period.  But the same argument was made by Bills fans during Allen's first two years, ball hit your hands means you should catch it.  That is an oversimplification that is often true but not always.   The difficultly of some of those would be interceptions is quite high.   Was he fortunate last year with dropped INT's?  If 5 of those are converted to INT's does that mean he sucks?  No not in my eyes.   Is there still room for improvement, yes there is and I think he will move into that space.

Can we take the INT in the Rams game off the boards since we are rewriting history?

8 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Some of the dropped INTs from the video they posted really shouldn't be considered dropped INTs. Some of them were either contested plays or no chance of an INT. Not really sure what their criteria is. 

Some were right in the Dbs hands. Allen is going to have these plays because he believes in his arm too often. But I wouldn't have him change a thing. There's more good than bad. 

Last year QBDataMine put out a video compilation to justify their rating of Josh as having the worst accuracy.  I started a thread on it because of the 20 or so throws, 7 to 9 of them were balls that were tipped or his arm was hit prior to release.   I thought it was sloppy work and/or spoke of some sort of agenda.  Some then brought up Cian Fahey as the source of it and labeled him "the worst."  So, these "dropped interceptions" seem unsurprisingly consistent with his reputation.

That "dropped INTs" video is pretty much the Golden Calf of Dolphins fans.  It's been doing the rounds on Finheaven for weeks now, and they're all desperate for proof that last year was a fluke.  There's a few clear heads over there, but oh Lord do they want to believe 2021 JA will go back to being 2018 JA.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Last year QBDataMine put out a video compilation to justify their rating of Josh as having the worst accuracy.  I started a thread on it because of the 20 or so throws, 7 to 9 of them were balls that were tipped or his arm was hit prior to release.   I thought it was sloppy work and/or spoke of some sort of agenda.  Some then brought up Cian Fahey as the source of it and labeled him "the worst."  So, these "dropped interceptions" seem unsurprisingly consistent with his reputation.

Is it Cian? He hates Allen. 

11 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

That "dropped INTs" video is pretty much the Golden Calf of Dolphins fans.  It's been doing the rounds on Finheaven for weeks now, and they're all desperate for proof that last year was a fluke.  There's a few clear heads over there, but oh Lord do they want to believe 2021 JA will go back to being 2018 JA.  

And he’d still make the Dolphins look silly. He owns them statistically. 

11 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Considering what Josh has done vs. the Dolphins in his career, their fans should speak his name with hushed tones.

• Agree 1