Allen had 21 dropped interceptions last year

2 minutes ago, benderbender said:

I’ve always felt that interceptions are still technically completed passes, just to the other team. 

Then Jameis Winston is the most accurate passer in the league! 😀

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

What I noticed in watching both is that, though they counted Allen having two more, many of Allen's were nearly uncatchable or 50/50 balls or simply an amazing play by the defender (the Colts DB laying out). Almost all of Mahomes' drops were basically in the defender's breadbasket. I can't believe that many were dropped.

Unsure if I'm being biased here.

i fully agree with you here.  

26 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Some of those highlighted as "dropped interceptions" didn't hit any body parts! Another portion was the defender knocking down the ball. Hardly a "dropped interception". From the video, I'd say the true number would be around 8ish. 

agree. This is such a misleading stat. Seems like maybe 3 or 4 were legit bad throws/bad drops. 

• Agree 1

How many dropped INTs does every QB have every year?

14 minutes ago, H2o said:

Brett Favre anyone? I'd like someone to go back and look at how many he had that were "dropped" by defenders. 

He threw 337 INTs I think. With as much as a gun slinger as he was he probably had 200 more that easily could have been

Actually those would be defensed passes, it’s only an interception when it’s not dropped..., 

Oh, did PFF ding both Mahomes and Allen’s QB ratings for interceptions that didn’t happen? 

A handful of those drops woulda been spectacular catches from wr’s, let alone a DB. So I mean..... whatever. 

how about they do a “dropped td” category. I can remember 3 blatant drops just off the top of my head from Davis in the first pats game and then Jones and Knox in the 2nd pats game on the same drive that ended in a moss rush td..... and then there was the dime to Kroft in the jets game that he actually caught but decided he wasn’t a pro athlete and let the turf monster tackle him.... Josh easily shoulda had 40+ td passes 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

These guys are 16 days late with this BS.  Most of those "dropped interceptions" would have been circus catches, if made.  They weren't, and that's all that counts.  NFL QB's must make throws into tight windows (I'm looking at you, Tuhrod Taylor).  JA makes those throws, and sometimes, a defensive player makes a play to bat the ball away.  Good for them.  It doesn't indicate any flaw in Josh's game.

• Agree 1