Which player from the "wasted years" (in their prime) would help the Bills in 2021.

Anyone whose not saying Mario Williams is just bitter about how it ended. It’s not close. 

He was easily one of, if not the, most dominate player in the drought era. He was a top 5-10 player at his position for several years with the Bills. Who else can claim that during that period? Moulds, probably. Maybe Clements. 

Add 10-15 sacks and the dominance against the run to this defense and things change greatly.

My random darkhorse pick who would be fun though, is Terrance McGee. Upgrades CB2, and gives us a great return option. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Anyone whose not saying Mario Williams is just bitter about how it ended. It’s not close. 

He was easily one of, if not the, most dominate player in the drought era. He was a top 5-10 player at his position for several years with the Bills. Who else can claim that during that period? Moulds, probably. Maybe Clements. 

Add 10-15 sacks and the dominance against the run to this defense and things change greatly.

My random darkhorse pick who would be fun though, is Terrance McGee. Upgrades CB2, and gives us a great return option. 

It would have to be down to Mario Williams or Jason Peters.    Peters was incredibly dominant for 3 seasons(prior to his holdout season).........and of course was the much greater player than Williams.   Williams had two great seasons with Buffalo........he'd help a lot.    But it's easy to look on paper and say the team is more needing of a pass rusher.........but likely having the best OL in football satisfies job #1 which is to maximize the potential of Josh Allen.......your biggest factor in winning and losing actual games.    I think one of the mistakes fans make is to try to even out the talent on both sides of the ball.   That's not actually how most SB winners have done it.   

Edited by BADOLBILZ

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It would have to be down to Mario Williams or Jason Peters.    Peters was incredibly dominant for 3 seasons(prior to his holdout season).........and of course was the much greater player than Williams.   Williams had two great seasons with Buffalo........he'd help a lot.    But it's easy to look on paper and say the team is more needing of a pass rusher.........but likely having the best OL in football satisfies job #1 which is to maximize the potential of Josh Allen.......your biggest factor in winning and losing actual games.    I think one of the mistakes fans make is to try to even out the talent on both sides of the ball.   That's not actually how most SB winners have done it.   

Meh, I get the argument for Peters, but I’m not looking to change our tackles right now. I get the idea of moving one inside, but I would rather have a true guard. Plus, we just set a record for scoring with our presumed best 5 not playing a single game together. I want an upgrade at IOL, but for this exercise give me the dominate DE. 

But I agree with the premise that Peters is up there as best Bill from the drought. 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Meh, I get the argument for Peters, but I’m not looking to change our tackles right now. I get the idea of moving one inside, but I would rather have a true guard. Plus, we just set a record for scoring with our presumed best 5 not playing a single game together. I want an upgrade at IOL, but for this exercise give me the dominate DE. 

But I agree with the premise that Peters is up there as best Bill from the drought. 

The question was about 2021..........and IMO defenses will adapt to what the Bills did offensively in 2020.   They already did in the playoffs.  It will be harder to run it back.  I personally loved Dawkins at guard.   He is an adequate LT but his ceiling at guard was very high.   

I was a big Mario fan though.   They definitely could use that.   And I think the scheme change and poor stewardship of Rex Ryan hastened his demise.   I remember @Kevin becoming furious with me for saying I thought the Bills were going to make a run at him in free agency.  😄

Well everyone says we need a DE so Mario Williams is hands down the easiest and most impactful decision.

We also need help in the secondary, possibly interior oline if cody ford doesnt step up, dt help if star and/or phillips dont come thru, and a hybrid linebacker type

So I'd say Antoine Winfield/Nate Clements, Reuben Brown was a pro bowl guard but don't know if he'd count, Pat Williams/Ted Washington would be fun to see but it'd also be nice to bring Kyle back, as for hybrid LB type I was at the game the season before when we shouted TKO to recruit Takeo Spikes so I'd like him back to work with Edmunds lol and not the other famous Bills LB who was ragged on for making a ton of tackles but 8 yards down the field- you know who I'm talking about.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Any way we can squeeze Bryce Paup into the mix, i mean he didn't go the Superbowls ?? 😁

If you're going to do that, I'm going to take the Sam Cowart who never got cheap-shotted.

• Like (+1) 1