Which player from the "wasted years" (in their prime) would help the Bills in 2021.

9 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

Eric Moulds

8 hours ago, B Rob said:

Eric moulds. He might be the best receiver we've had on the team. 

Eric Moulds is ineligible for consideration as he is not a part of the drought. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

It's a shame the timing of the careers of both Fred Jackson and Kyle Williams were just a little bit off in timing because they would be the absolute perfect fits both in talent and personalities for this current McDermott process culture era Bills team.  Would be incredible to add both of those guys to the mix both on the field and in the locker room on the current Bills team.

1 hour ago, eball said:

Eric Moulds is ineligible for consideration as he is not a part of the drought. 

He did have 6 years of drought-stench baked into him from 2000-2005.

And he did quit on the team before the left, though I admit that can possibly be looked at as a positive considering the trash he was dealing with.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=2255840

All-in-all, I think he's another that would need major deprogramming before you would risk adding him to the current mix.

Edited by Rico
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, without a drought said:

On offense, defense or both?

Triple agent. Don't forget Special teams.

2 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Peerless Price!

I actually just love his name and feel bad for him that no one mentioned him yet. 

I still remember predicting that the Bills will draft him during the draft. One of my offensive favs and I totally forgot.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, CheshireCT said:

Fred Jackson was more versatile for sure. If i were to go for an all-around back from those years, I would go for Lynch, though. 

Jackson was the better all-around back IMO.  Higher yards per carry, higher receptions per game and higher receiving yards per game. Jackson's versatility as an all around back was really evident in 2011 before he broke his leg. Lynch would be the choice for a back you want to give the ball to 25+ times. 

• Like (+1) 1

Mario only seemed to care when he thought we could win, so his effort would be awesome now. But I think that Kyle Williams rotated into those tackles would make our Dline awesome and I loved him as a player. I actually have a student who says Kyle is his favorite non steeler in NFL.

If we are talking about the whole team, then I'd put in a nod for Wade Phillips as DC. He would have this defense rocking a notch above Frazier.

I agree on the list of players.  There's a good bunch that could help.

Spikes (LB)  Mario Williams or Schoebel (DE) Fat Pat, Ted Washington, Sam Adams or Kyle Williams (DT) and Winfield (CB) would be my tops on D. 

On offense Freddie would definitely set the tone for the RB room and make Devin and Moss better.  I'd take McCoy in his prime too.  And as an added bonus I'd love to have Jason Peters back in his prime at LT and Dawkins at RT and replace Ford with Richie Icognito (pre-mental Pro Bowl Richie)  

There's our Super Bowl Champs. I hope this crew can do it in 2021.

Edited by 1st Ammendment NoMas

12 hours ago, Clyde Smith said:

Yes he was part of the drought.

Moulds made the playoffs twice early in his career with the Bills and was a major reason why the Bills did so. His time on the Bills during the drought only lasted from 2000 to 2005. 

Everyone has their own definition but mine would be one of a player who never made the playoffs while on the Bills. Ruben Brown would be a similar player. 9 year career with the Bills five of those years being pre-drought. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/17/2021 at 9:02 AM, Saint Doug said:

Eric Moulds

In Moulds’ prime, the Bills were still good.

15 hours ago, Rico said:

He did have 6 years of drought-stench baked into him from 2000-2005.

And he did quit on the team before the left, though I admit that can possibly be looked at as a positive considering the trash he was dealing with.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=2255840

All-in-all, I think he's another that would need major deprogramming before you would risk adding him to the current mix.

I think the point is that his best season — which is one of the best seasons for an offensive player in all of Bills history — came in 1998, a season in which he punctuated it by having the game of his life in the playoffs against the top passing defense in the NFL that year. He was just about as good in 1999, but missed a couple-few games because of a hamstring. The Bills were good in both of those seasons.