Never been so disinterested in a draft

Bakin

9 hours ago, Bakin said:

Don’t get me wrong - I LOVE the draft. Always have. Always felt like the team needed me to mock really well!  I needed to be on top of all the prospects and team needs, etc...
This year, I have so much faith in Beane that I don’t even know what day the draft is. 
First time I can remember. 
Not sure if I’m the only diehard psycho who feels this way. Maybe it’s the stupid covid?

THURSDAY  APRIL  29th @ 8 PM

you'll be glued to the TV like the rest of us

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Bakin said:

Don’t get me wrong - I LOVE the draft. Always have. Always felt like the team needed me to mock really well!  I needed to be on top of all the prospects and team needs, etc...
This year, I have so much faith in Beane that I don’t even know what day the draft is. 
Not sure if I’m the only diehard psycho who feels this way. Maybe it’s the stupid covid?

Right there with you. When your team sucks, the draft is the only interesting thing to pay attention to. Where this team is now, anyone we draft is likely to sit and learn for a year to two anyhow. Not a bad place to be. This year it's the kind of draft where maybe those players show up on the field two years from now and we're like "who's that guy and where did he come from?" haha

8 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

No it's not. It's you . Don't blame Covid for everything. 

This. Covid gets a bad rap for everything. I’m pretty happy that it’s kept my family away for 14 months. 🤣

As for the draft, it’s so good to not be hoping the Bills will “win the draft” and get the coveted “A” grade from Kiper. If they come away with a few guys that we keep for a second contract, it will be a success. 

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

And Diggs was taken in the 5th, Milano in the 5th, and so on.  I agree, but I can only enjoy so much time looking at draft picks, and I really do trust Beane.  Last year we hit in Davis in the 4th, I think Moss will be good from the 3rd in time, Bass was an excellent pick, and I have high hopes for Dane.  Bottom line is I like Beane even more the deeper he goes into the draft.  He has a way of finding people others missed out.

Im going to enjoy watching the draft, and bet he’ll find people in the mid rounds we don’t see.

To the OP, you’re not off on you’re feelings.

Following drafts honestly has never been my thing unless there's areas of need that scream out.

But the point I was trying to make and as you say there's still certainly long term talent to be found later on in the 1st round and beyond that 

13 hours ago, Bakin said:

For me, it will be the first draft I don’t watch from the beginning...it’s starts at 8pm on a Thursday...I probably won’t tune in until around 10pm...I couldn’t care less about who everyone else takes before us...

It's sort of nice not getting excited about the draft mostly because we're picking in the top ten again.  I don't get too high or too low over any pick though, particularly since I was really p*ssed when they picked Allen...oops 🙄

Even if the Bills had zero picks, I would still get excited about the draft because I absolutely love the NFL above any other sports league by a wide margin.  Any NFL is > pretty much anything else sports related for me.

I will never understand the pre-draft hype and all the mock drafts and so on.

Interest in the draft entirely hinges on what real teams actually do on the day.

None of us will know any of that until draft day gets here.

So in the meantime, why not go catch up on your gardening or something?

Maybe these are the same fans watching 12 hours of pre-game garbage on Super Bowl Sunday?

I've had a problem with the draft since it was moved to the final Thursday of April.  It used to be a week earlier and I'd watch every round.  Now it's the same weekend as the Kentucky Derby and Derby day is all horse racing for me.  I used to have the draft & then the next week the Derby.  I hate that the 2 are now in conflict.  

I'll still watch Thursday & Friday, but the draft just isn't the same for me on Derby weekend since I'll still be handicapping the horses the days of the draft.  

Last year it didn't matter because they moved the Derby to later in the year & I didn't even consider it a real Derby so I had the draft & football season with no Derby conflict. 

The thing that makes this harder for us is the fact that we’re picking at 30. At that point it’s all about who dropped to us. Truly if we’re going BPA, which this team is clearly set to do it’s harder to predict what the 29 other teams before us will do and who is left. Could be anything really so it’s harder for us to find a pulse on what Beane will do.

I am however interested in the late round picks very much. Can we find another Jason Peters or Kyle Williams or another diamond in the rough? Regardless, I think our defense needs an infusion of talent the most, mainly at DB and DL. Would like to see 75-80% of our draft going towards defense.

20 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I have a similar feeling.  For me it's a combination of a couple of things.   First, drafting 30th, the Bills aren't getting a Hall of Famer, so I just can't get all that excited.   Second, drafting 30th means that right now there are about 40 possible guys who might be the Bills' pick.  I don't have the energy to figure out who the top 20 are and then analyze the bottom 20.  It's easier just to wait for the draft, see who they pick, then find out some things about the guy.   When you're drafting 8th, there are only 10-12 guys to study.  

Like others, I have confidence that Beane will get a good player, and I'm interested to see who it is.  Trying to figure out who it might be isn't my thing. 

Bills arent getting a hall of famer??? Tre White was drafted 27th by us and if he keeps playing the way he does he will have a shot at the HoF. But for most part i agree... picking 30th is just so hard to predict. At that point you can take someone who falls or take someone who most consider a 2nd rounder and take them in the 1st if your front office likes them. So hard to predict.