Never been so disinterested in a draft

Bakin

Don’t get me wrong - I LOVE the draft. Always have. Always felt like the team needed me to mock really well!  I needed to be on top of all the prospects and team needs, etc...
This year, I have so much faith in Beane that I don’t even know what day the draft is. 
First time I can remember. 
Not sure if I’m the only diehard psycho who feels this way. Maybe it’s the stupid covid?

Edited by Bakin
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm sure Covid plays a part since several of the prospects didn't play last year. Toss in we craft so late with any major needs the draft doesn't feel as big. Kind of like in the days of getting Jeff Burris and Thomas Smith in the 1st Round. That said I'll be watching every pick as it happens.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Bakin said:

Don’t get me wrong - I LOVE the draft. Always have. Always felt like the team needed me to mock really well!  I needed to be on top of all the prospects and team needs, etc...
This year, I have so much faith in Beane that I don’t even know what day the draft is. 
Not sure if I’m the only diehard psycho who feels this way. Maybe it’s the stupid covid?

Might want to get checked out. This sounds serious... PLEASE consult a professional. Draft disinterest is no laughing matter.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 1

For me this draft is different from the last very many years, it will be interesting to see how Beane operates in this new territory, mostly because, no matter where your pick is you have to do it so it benefits your team even when your team is already good, this to me is a big boys draft, not the clutching for straw drafts that have marked all to many Bills drafts in the past, we get to see how a good team drafts well this time. 

• Like (+1) 1

I have a similar feeling.  For me it's a combination of a couple of things.   First, drafting 30th, the Bills aren't getting a Hall of Famer, so I just can't get all that excited.   Second, drafting 30th means that right now there are about 40 possible guys who might be the Bills' pick.  I don't have the energy to figure out who the top 20 are and then analyze the bottom 20.  It's easier just to wait for the draft, see who they pick, then find out some things about the guy.   When you're drafting 8th, there are only 10-12 guys to study.  

Like others, I have confidence that Beane will get a good player, and I'm interested to see who it is.  Trying to figure out who it might be isn't my thing. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

I think picking 30 has a lot to do with it. 

I am not a college football fan, don't watch at all, but it also seems like this is an extremely weak class? At least the first round. Seems like there is very little elite talent other than at QB and WR. 

Agree, I don’t know much about any of these guys this year, and I trust Beane to make a decent pick. A couple good picks could put us over the top, but we’re not looking for a savior anymore. That gives it a different vibe compared to what Bills fans were used to. 

• Like (+1) 1

There are too many variables at Pick 30... they could even trade down 10 spots or so making it even harder to speculate...

Ive found myself doing less mock drafts this year as can’t get too excited by anyone who is left at 30 most of the time

Ive got some guys I hope they take and a smaller list of guys that I hope they don’t pick... most likely it will end up being someone else..

The experience is a little meh this year,  but if this is the price to pay for being a top 4 team than so be it..

28 minutes ago, Bakin said:

Actually I’m more interested in this year’s draft then any other that I can remember , with the exception of 2018 of course 

If having a top notch, Super Bowl caliber team means that I'm much less interested in the draft, I'll gladly take it.

It got real tiring having an awful-to-mediocre team then watching them pick guys like Mike Williams, Donte Whitner, and Marcel Dareus with high selections

Let's not do that again for a long long time

• Agree 2

59 minutes ago, Bakin said:

Tell the truth, you’ve been “Bakin” again, haven’t you? That could lead to this relaxed feeling on.....just about anything but Krispy Kreme!  HOT!!!

I trust Beane and the FO. My son’s wedding is going down on the first 2 nights of the draft, so it will be the least attention I’ve had on the draft in a couple decades. I can live with that and keep up on my phone. 

As arrogant as it sounds and as unusual as it seems to actually type this....this team is built. We don’t need 7 guys that will mostly battle just to get fringe playing time or even make the team. Trade up and get 1 or 2 top end guys and that push us over the edge. Find a way to put picks together to move up and get a difference maker at TE.

We could have one solitary pick in the whole draft — say, the last pick in the third round — and I’d STILL sit and watch all three days of the draft, with my dorky little draft magazines laid out and a cold beer.

INJECT THE NFL DRAFT DIRECTLY INTO MY VEINS.

dave chappelle tyrone biggums GIF

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2