Ones who were/are Sopranos series(HBO) fans......

Patrick Duffy

4 hours ago, Doc said:

Read the link I provided.

Yeah, I get what Chase is saying.  He flew to France the weekend of the finale so he knew the reaction of the ending would be turbulent. 

I love how it ended. Use your imagination how it all unfolded and the aftermath. 

On 11/3/2021 at 8:39 PM, Doc said:

Finally, the answer to what happened to Tony is here:  https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/long-last-david-chase-explained-141000772.html

I think we are all pretty positive that if Gondolfini didn't actually croak in real life that wouldn't be David Chase's explanation. It only took him 14 years to come up with one with no possibility of Tony coming back in a movie sequel. 

Edited by Beast

11 minutes ago, Beast said:

I think we are all pretty positive that if Gondolfini didn't actually croak in real life that wouldn't be David Chase's explanation. It only took him 14 years to come up with one with no possibility of Tony coming back in a movie sequel. 

I disagree.  I think Chase made it clear by the earlier interaction describing what happens when you die and then ending with the show going dark made most people believe Tony was indeed whacked. 

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

I disagree.  I think Chase made it clear by the earlier interaction describing what happens when you die and then ending with the show going dark made most people believe Tony was indeed whacked. 

Yeah, I remember Tony and the guy that got whacked and fell into the train set (forget his name) on the boat and that came up in their convo about what hapens when you die.

I still think that if Gondolfini didn't die the possibility of a movie or spin off would have squashed the he died theory.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

Yeah, I remember Tony and the guy that got whacked and fell into the train set (forget his name) on the boat and that came up in their convo about what hapens when you die.

I still think that if Gondolfini didn't die the possibility of a movie or spin off would have squashed the he died theory.

If anything, it would have been a prequel or sidestory while Tony was still alive and he makes cameos.  I think they took Sopranos story arc as far as they could. 

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

If anything, it would have been a prequel or sidestory while Tony was still alive and he makes cameos.  I think they took Sopranos story arc as far as they could. 

I don't disagree. I'm just thinking of the almighty dollar.

So many great memories if that series. What was your favorite execution? I loved when Leotardo got it and his head got ran over.

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

So many great memories if that series. What was your favorite execution? I loved when Leotardo got it and his head got ran over.

Yeah, that was a particularly gruesome/memorable one.

I loved how they incorporated  the actor Joey Pants (Joe Pantaliano)  wearing a toupee into  Ralphie being dismembered.  After Tony killed him, they are starting to cut him up in the bathtub and Christopher grabs his hair  to pull  his head up to cut off his head and the hair comes off in his hand.  He yells and Tony says "didn't you know he had a rug?"

On 11/9/2021 at 6:54 PM, Beast said:

Loved the Bevilacqua hit.  Giving him the false sense of security, a (diet) Fanta, and Tony saying "you finished?" before he and Bompensiero opened up on him.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.