Dolphins Fan Take - Morning JA Discussion At Work

H2o

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Good morning my friends and TGIF. Sometimes, usually on Friday mornings when some of us come in for a few hours (usually we work 4  10's), all of us will grab a cup of coffee and bs for a half hour or so about football. One of the other supervisors who was there is a Dolphins fan. We got to talking about the draft, how many teams need a QB, and where we thought people were going. I said I'm glad the Bills finally have a QB after 25 years. Dolphins fan says, "yeah, the jury is still out on that one." I asked him how so? I gave the breakdown of how Josh has gotten better every year in every statistical category. I also said look at the leap from his 2nd year to his 3rd year, it's insane. He was 2nd in the MVP voting accounting for 46 total TD's and broke all kinds of Bills records for Christ sake. He just says, "Covid, no fans in the stands." He then went on to say because of that Josh was able to go through his pre-snap reads and make multiple play changes if necessary. Reason being there was no crowd noise to distract or hinder him. He said you'll see if he's really the guy this year when everyone has fans in the stands again. I said this may be somewhat true on the checks at the line, but he's still the one back there who has to read the defense, find the open man, and deliver an accurate ball. The lack of fans have nothing to do with his improved accuracy to every level of the field. He said Josh looked pretty shook against KC. Their crowd noise affected him early and then it carried throughout the game. I said there was a whole lot of other ***t that were the determining factors in that game, but crowd noise wasn't high up on that list. After that he just kind of smirked and said, "We'll see." I'm not attributing Josh's success last year to no fans being in stadiums, but it led me create this topic for discussion on here. Imo, he's just continually improving on a yearly basis and I feel that's been evident to all of us here without an ax to grind. Either way, how much do you all attribute Josh's 2020 season to the fact it was played in relative silence on the field?

The nerve of a Fish fan dissing Josh like that when their very own QB Tua Turntheballover looked pretty bad against us.  In all seriousness, I would've just laughed it off and then stabbed him in the back of the hand with a ball-point pen and growled "Don't f*** with H2o!"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Good morning my friends and TGIF. Sometimes, usually on Friday mornings when some of us come in for a few hours (usually we work 4  10's), all of us will grab a cup of coffee and bs for a half hour or so about football. One of the other supervisors who was there is a Dolphins fan. We got to talking about the draft, how many teams need a QB, and where we thought people were going. I said I'm glad the Bills finally have a QB after 25 years. Dolphins fan says, "yeah, the jury is still out on that one." I asked him how so? I gave the breakdown of how Josh has gotten better every year in every statistical category. I also said look at the leap from his 2nd year to his 3rd year, it's insane. He was 2nd in the MVP voting accounting for 46 total TD's and broke all kinds of Bills records for Christ sake. He just says, "Covid, no fans in the stands." He then went on to say because of that Josh was able to go through his pre-snap reads and make multiple play changes if necessary. Reason being there was no crowd noise to distract or hinder him. He said you'll see if he's really the guy this year when everyone has fans in the stands again. I said this may be somewhat true on the checks at the line, but he's still the one back there who has to read the defense, find the open man, and deliver an accurate ball. The lack of fans have nothing to do with his improved accuracy to every level of the field. He said Josh looked pretty shook against KC. Their crowd noise affected him early and then it carried throughout the game. I said there was a whole lot of other ***t that were the determining factors in that game, but crowd noise wasn't high up on that list. After that he just kind of smirked and said, "We'll see." I'm not attributing Josh's success last year to no fans being in stadiums, but it led me create this topic for discussion on here. Imo, he's just continually improving on a yearly basis and I feel that's been evident to all of us here without an ax to grind. Either way, how much do you all attribute Josh's 2020 season to the fact it was played in relative silence on the field?

I've heard that here and there also about the "no fans" talk. I don't buy that crap for a second. I mean like, so he played great because it was more quiet? Lol, I mean if that's the case then why didn't all QBs have a bust out season. Anyways, I like it more when they are in denial about Bills finally having a franchise QB

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, H2o said:

. Either way, how much do you all attribute Josh's 2020 season to the fact it was played in relative silence on the field?

Yea, cos only Allen benefited from the lack of fans. I can understand homerism, but man this is a stretch! Tell him to wrap himself in denial inside his Tua blanket

3 minutes ago, ßookie_tech said:

You should have said, well that explains why he slays them in Miami every year. The stadium is always empty 😆

@H2o If you have a way to bring this conversation back around, George Costanza style, you have to use the line above!

tenor.gif

Edited by Logic
  • Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Either way, how much do you all attribute Josh's 2020 season to the fact it was played in relative silence on the field?

None...sounds like your friend is jealous and I projecting his insecurities about his QB and crowd noise.

In the co-workers defence, we spent close to 20 years finding excuses for Tom Brady kicking everyone’s collective ass. Having a QB like Josh invokes jealousy and opposing teams’ fans need to rationalize it. I am happy to not be in the Fins fans shoes, reliving glory years. We are in the Bills new glory years and we have a lot of them coming with Mr Allen behind center.

• Agree 1

The phrase I see most often on other message boards is "I'm still not sold on Allen."

I just kind of smile. I've seen enough, as I think most here have. I think those saying that haven't really watched the games.

And I think that's just an instinct of opposing fans.  I spent 10 years of Brady's career trying to marginalize him as a dink-and-dunk system QB.  Oops.

• Like (+1) 1

I had my concerns regarding the attendance thing in while it may hold some weight it is not nearly enough to say for sure. All the QB's in the league played in the same type of environments this year and Josh balled out. Any way I decided to take a harder look into the attendance thing and below are Josh Allen stats broken down by Attendance games vs non attendance games. To me there was not much of a difference. KC playoff was the outlier for attendance but I think that game had more to do with protection and the mugging of our injured receivers more than a attendance thing.

GM 1: HOME W 27-17 VS JETS ATTENDANCE: 0

GM 2 AWAY  W 31-28 VS DOLPHINS ATTENDANCE: 11,075

GM 3 HOME W 35-32 VS RAMS ATTENDANCE: 0

GM 4 AWAY W 30-23 VS RAIDERS ATTENDANCE: 0

GM 5 AWAY L 16-42 VS TITANS ATTENDANCE: 8,403

GM 6 HOME L 17-26 VS CHIEFS ATTENDANCE: 0

GM 7 AWAY  W 18-10 VS JETS ATTENDANCE: 0

GM 8 HOME W 24-21 VS PATS ATTENDANCE: 0

GM 9 HOME W 44-34 VS SEA ATTENDANCE: 0

GM 10 AWAY L 30-32 VS ARI ATTENDANCE: 4,200

GM 11 HOME W 27-17 VS CHARGERS ATTENDANCE: 0

GM 12     AWAY W 34-24 VS 49ERS ATTENDANCE: 0

GM 13 HOME W 26-15 VS PITT ATTENDANCE: 0

GM 14 AWAY W 48-19 VS DEN ATTENDANCE: 0

GM 15 AWAY W 38-9 VS PATS ATTENDANCE: 0

GM 16 HOME W 56-26 VS DOLPHINS ATTENDANCE: 0

WC: HOME W 27-24 VS COLTS ATTENDANCE: 6,772

DIV HOME W 17-3 VS RAVENS ATTENDANCE: 6,772

CONF: AWAY L  24-38 VS CHIEFS ATTENDANCE: 16,993

ATTENDANCE GAMES: 3-3

ATTENDANCE AVG: 9036 INCLUDING KC

ATTENDANCE AVE 7444 EXCLUDING KC

Josh Allen ATTENDANCE GAMES STATS:

COMP  ATT % YARDS TD INT

28        48        287      2    1

23        37        206      1    0

26        35        324      2   0

32        49        284      2   2

26        41        263      2    2

24        35        415      4    0

6 GM 159 245  1779    13 5

AVG 27 41 66% 296 2    1

Josh Allen NON ATTENDANCE GAMES:

33 46 312 2 0

24 33 311 4 1

24 34 288 2 0

14 27 122 2 1

30 43 307 0 0

11 18 154 0 1

31 38 415 3 0

32 49 284 2 2

18 24 157 1 1

32 40 375 4 0

24 43 238 2 1

28 40 359 2 0

27 36 320 4 0

18 25 224 3 1

14GM 346 496 3866 31 8

AVG: 25 35 71% 276 2 .6

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, flaz said:

Not sure why the injuries, to all four of our wide receivers, don't get the lion's share of the blame for that loss

Exactly! Anytime I hear any national talk about that game it seems nobody brings up the fact that every one of our receivers was banged up. 

24 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

None...sounds like your friend is jealous and I projecting his insecurities about his QB and crowd noise.

yeah really.....crowd noise can have a little bit of effect at times but not at all to the degree that person suggest. I mean the improvement Allen made the 2019 season was good and it was noisy.

It's comical, Allen's 1st year he had the absolute worst WR help in the league. 2nd year he gets a John Brown, Beasley and he improves. 3rd year throw in a Stefon Diggs and he does great. And they want to say he did great due to no crowd noise.

It's almost like all Allen needed was good/reliable weapons the whole time....LOL

2 minutes ago, Maynard said:

Exactly! Anytime I hear any national talk about that game it seems nobody brings up the fact that every one of our receivers was banged up.

Not to mention getting mauled. 

In the AFC Championship game we not only had a hobbled WR group, but likely our poorest OL performance of the season and a Ref crew who let KC get away with everything. Josh could only do so much. When KC faced The Golden One in the SB it was the exact opposite. Tampa got the calls we should have gotten and they hit Kermit every chance they could. We all know how that worked out. 

Josh Allen is a problem that Miami hasn't had an answer to yet. It makes perfect sense that a fish fan expects him to get worse because hes trying to project future success for his team. The trouble is after 3 years you have sufficient sample size to observe trends in his development and it's pretty clear the arrow has been pointing ever upward. I hope that JA remains under scrutiny because so far it's only driven him to improve. He's taken unfounded criticism of every sort and used it as motivation.

• Like (+1) 2