Warren Sharp analysis on Bills draft needs

3 hours ago, The Governor said:

I would still go ahead and draft WR if it’s BPA. 

I doubt that happens. We’re moving up for someone. Could it be Barmore?

Emmanuel Sanders is on a 1 yr deal. Gonna need his replacement. Diggs helped recruit him knowing he needed someone to help on the other side. Not really feeling Barmore 

3 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I think the quickest way to fix this team is by revamping the DL. Would like to see 3-4 linemen drafted. Could always use another corner as well.

I agree with this. I’d draft 2 late, but I think adding Geno Atkins would help tremendously. Bills really lacked penetration in the interior of the line 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, ßookie_tech said:

I thought it said Warren Sapp. I was like, this man has come a long way! 😆

Wow, I totally thought the same thing and kept thinking it until you posted this.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m assuming he is only looking at this from a fantasy point of view. He’s obsessed. 

I like Warren Sharps posts, kinda reinforces what we saw watching games last year. Schopp is just so predictable lol

37 minutes ago, Logic said:

I thought this was maybe the most interesting Tweet by Sharp (the second one, about the last 5 Super Bowl champions). Didn't see it posted here yet:

I agree on that for sure. I do think an improved running game will balance out and help the passing game, though. I would look at any added talent to the RB group as a potential offensive weapon, not a guy we will hand the ball of to a ton. Someone good at route running, receiving, pass blocking, and has the threat of speed on the perimeter. That may end up just being Breida. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, DJB said:

Where's all them fools that keep telling me we aren't in nickle that often and its not a need? 

They exist? Nickel is by far the most used formation in the league. It's over 60% while 3-4/4-3 "Base" formations are under 30%

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

They exist? Nickel is by far the most used formation in the league. It's over 60% while 3-4/4-3 "Base" formations are under 30%

So basically this means that DL and DB is a more important position for us than LB. Milano, Edmunds and Klein are solid starting LBs in this league, so if we draft defense, LB should be on the back burner. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

So basically this means that DL and DB is a more important position for us than LB. Milano, Edmunds and Klein are solid starting LBs in this league, so if we draft defense, LB should be on the back burner. 

Like I've been saying all offseason and argued with many on here...the big nickle is a huge priority and I think an early round target in the draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Paul Costa said:

Agree 💯. Didn’t know that nickel stat interesting and explains a little bit of why our run D was very pedestrian. 

Yeah, but this isn’t ‘17/‘18. Turrod is long gone. Our Offense puts up 30 pts/game now. If opponents want to run the ball, let ‘em! It’s a near guaranteed W. Not sure if OP includes pressure from DBs/blitz, but sure, another pass rusher is ideal. Otherwise, assuming Star can still out play Horrible Harry, let ‘em run all day. Even with this game plan vs KC at home, we were in it til late because it kept the clock moving. 

6 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

We were below average running the ball and were really bad defending the run.  

Yes.

I'll post my "broken record" comment here that I have been saying all year.

The Bills worked on Josh Allen and the passing game almost exclusively last camp.  It was also an "abridged" camp.

It stands to reason that the running game suffered both offensively and defensively because of it.

I am certain that it will be addressed both resource wise and training wise this summer.

How much success will come of it can only be realized after the season starts.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yeah, but this isn’t ‘17/‘18. Turrod is long gone. Our Offense puts up 30 pts/game now. If opponents want to run the ball, let ‘em! It’s a near guaranteed W. Not sure if OP includes pressure from DBs/blitz, but sure, another pass rusher is ideal. Otherwise, assuming Star can still out play Horrible Harry, let ‘em run all day. Even with this game plan vs KC at home, we were in it til late because it kept the clock moving. 

Solid point. If we continue to dominate on offense.