Josh Allen Toting The Rock

H2o

Josh has been injured twice. Once in the pocket ( elbow)against the Texans  and a concussion from scrambling out of the pocket against the Patriots . To my knowledge he has never been injured on designed runs. And most of his fumbles have been in the pocket sacks or when he’s trying to improvise. I feel like he’s fumbled a designed run or two but I can’t remember a specific play. 

26 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

Josh has been injured twice. Once in the pocket ( elbow)against the Texans  and a concussion from scrambling out of the pocket against the Patriots . To my knowledge he has never been injured on designed runs. And most of his fumbles have been in the pocket sacks or when he’s trying to improvise. I feel like he’s fumbled a designed run or two but I can’t remember a specific play. 

He was also pancaked by the Raiders under duress and got his knee sprained from Bosa. He may not have missed any time, but the injuries lingered for weeks.

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, Limeaid said:

This is not a music video and the music is way too loud sometimes.

I wonder when his pay skyrockets and there are not as many good players in support will Bills risk so many runs for him.  

Well that's a sunny outlook......

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, H2o said:

Funny thing is, even though I know this already happened, I found myself saying "slide" or holding my breath for a second if he fell awkward. :lol:

Just watched this WHOLE vid.

OMG!!!!

Crazy how much this kid has run for in the last three years.

I forgot how bad that first seasons O line was🤮. In my mind, he had developed pocket presence last year. Seeing this, I realize it was always there he just became more comfortable and had much better protection, especially in 2020.

I feel like they need to go all in on D this year while he is still young ( except for RB). When he gets a few more years on him he can’t be expected to run at that level. It’s only going to take one bad play.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I feel like they need to go all in on D this year while he is still young ( except for RB). When he gets a few more years on him he can’t be expected to run at that level. It’s only going to take one bad play.

Mmmm.  Pocket presence is all very well, but I think there's something to be said for upping our OL investment.  And any running back we get, is gonna need a line.

I think the signing of Trubisky says Josh had at least 2 plays where he was fractions of a Newton away from missing games - the Raiders play where he sprained his AC joint, and the Joey Bosa tackle where he was good hip flexibility away from badly sprained knee ligaments "Josh Allen is Gumby"

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

He was also pancaked by the Raiders under duress and got his knee sprained from Bosa. He may not have missed any time, but the injuries lingered for weeks.

This.  Allen isn't gonna advertise his injuries, but you can tell how close he came to missing time by how the Bills reacted.  And they reacted by signing a guy who has actually demonstrated he can play and win games in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I think he's just playing it smarter and getting down more now. Makes sense he's beating them mostly in the air now.

Agree.  Josh isn't a "fast twitch" guy, he's fast once he gets going in that long stride.

In his rookie year and somewhat in his 2nd year, if his first reads weren't there he'd just take off.

Now, he maneuvers out of the pocket primarily to give his guys time to get open, so he's not taking off right out the backfield.  He's still plenty fast, but he uses it to run sideways more so it's less noticeable.

And he does get down or run out of bounds more.  *slightly* more.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

One funny thing I noted...somewhere in the highlights of his 2nd season they ran a designed run play, forgot which game it was in that video...but they ran the same play twice in the game, both were in that video, and the play was designed to get Feliciano upfield to block for him, and both times Feliciano just ran around whiffing and not blocking anybody.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

One thing I hope they work on is Josh losing the ball while being tackled.  Lots of calls went Bills way which in other years would not have gone well for Bills and do not want the negative plays ruining momentum.

Yep, and I wish I lived in San Diego. Josh takes chances because he’s capable of huge, back-breaking plays with his feet that few -if any QBs- can make. There’s shiftier and faster runners, but no one compares to Allen’s running capabilities. When you turn LBs inside out, stiff arm DBs out of the stadium and shed DLineman like they’re sideline photographers, it’s more akin to an actual ram than a human. 
I don’t want him running anyway, because all I/we know is it eventually takes it toll. But there has NEVER been a running QB in pro football that can compare to Josh Allen running. There. I said it. Never. 
Ergo, I have no idea where this will lead..

But, we haven’t lost a game yet where he fumbled away a chance to win. Good vs Bad? I’ll take the current bad

Edited by Cantankeous

3 Things I noticed

1. Allen owns the Miami Dolphins.

2. Seeing Beasley's reaction after Allen getting the first down against Dallas is always going to be awesome.

3. After reviewing his two touchdown catches, I think I have found the solution to our TE problem.

23 hours ago, H2o said:

Funny thing is, even though I know this already happened, I found myself saying "slide" or holding my breath for a second if he fell awkward. :lol:

I thank God everyday that the Bills drafted Josh Allen. Beane could get every pick wrong from here on out and he will still remain a legend in my book. Genius move and now we are set for the next 15+ years. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

It's always equal parts electrifying and terrifying when he takes off with the ball.

It reminds me of a Leodis McKelvin kick return feeling. 

22 hours ago, SCBills said:

Draws in the red zone and JA scramble drills all day.   

Random designed runs in the middle of the field with defenders flying in from a dead sprint.... stop it.  

His arm is THE talent. Spread out some quick hands catch radius guys and start slinging it into smaller and smaller windows. 

I was surprised the coaches didn't tell him to run more against the chiefs, not designed plays but on pass plays when they were holding us in man coverage he could have gashed them a bunch of times, granted it would be a risk him reverting a little bit to that first season where people werent open and he had to win with his legs, but even a few first downs in this manner can make defenses more honest and opens up other things.