New guys. New numbers. Check out all the jersey changes

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Breida has some tough shoes to fill with #22.....that was the great Reggie Bush’s number.

I still can’t believe that at the Bills have had Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart and Vince Young on our team.  

Forget Reggie,  Freddy Jackson, one of the best Bills ever.

• Agree 4

34 minutes ago, Logic said:

Well, @whatdrought.....what d'ya think?

Best ? 

Worst ?

I'll start by saying that Cody Ford switching to his college #74 is going to turn his career around.

Thank you for acknowledging the fact that I am a founding member of "the number on the jersey determines the players career outcome." 

I saw this earlier, and was going to make a thread on it, but didn't get the chance at work.

My thoughts: 

No. 3 - P Matt Haack - A good number for a punter, I was expecting this. 

No. 8 - QB Mitchell Trubisky - I was hoping for #9, but I don't hate 8. Either way, I'm fine to never see it on the field. 

No. 10 - WR Emmanuel Sanders - While I don't traditionally support WR numbers in the 10's, for him I'll make an exception cause he has looked great in 10 over his career. 

No. 18 - WR Brandon Powell - Best part of this is it keeps any drafted WR's from the teens, unless they change once powell gets cut. 

No. 22 - RB Matt Breida - I like this. 

No. 50 - LB Tyrell Adams - No real thoughts 

No. 52 - LB Marquel Lee - See above

No. 68 - OL Bobby Hart - It works. I usually view 60's as more an interior lineman, but I don't get too picky. I want 66 saved for Dickerson or Humphrey. 

No. 77 - OL Jamil Douglas - Impartial on this. 

No. 80 - TE Jacob Hollister -  I like this a lot. I was worried about 85, which I wouldn't have loved, even though it's not a horrible TE Number, but 80 is a classic number that hasn't gotten any love from Bills lately. 

No. 93 - DE Efe Obada - Love this as well. I expect him to make the team, and 93 is a good number for a big long DE, without stealing 90 from a rookie DE. 

No. 4 - QB Jake Fromm - Who cares. 4 Reminds me of the time when I was convinced Brain Brohm was the savior... That one week. 

No. 15 - WR Jake Kumerow - Yuck. Mostly because he looked great in 87, but also cause I don't like 15 as a WR, Smoke not withstanding. 

No. 28 - RB Antonio Williams - I'm pro this. 35 is a strange RB number, but 28 has a lot of potential. Pretty much as 35 he had a chance to be a random guy who did some nice things occasionally, but in 28 he has a chance to be a star. 

No. 64 - OL Jordan Devey - Don't care. 

No. 74 - OL Cody Ford - This is hard for me.... 74 is a great number for Ford, and it's a great number for a Guard in general... That being said, I'm curious why he's changing? There was a big deal about him taking Wood's number, so I don't know if this is him resetting, or what? - I guess it's his college number, so I'm okay with him getting a fresh start. I agree, this could be the step that shoots him to the stars!

No. 81 - TE Reggie Gilliam - NO! I don't like this. He looked good in 86, for one, and for two, there's just not a reason for him to take 81 from whatever draft pick we grab... Plus, i'm still mad at him for not keeping 41!

No. 90 - DT Brandin Bryant - Yuck. Get cut and give that sexy number to someone whose gonna make the team (nothing personal guy who I didn't know existed till just now) 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Thank you for acknowledging the fact that I am a founding member of "the number on the jersey determines the players career outcome." 

I saw this earlier, and was going to make a thread on it, but didn't get the chance at work.

My thoughts: 

No. 8 - QB Mitchell Trubisky - I was hoping for #9, but I don't hate 8. Either way, I'm fine to never see it on the field. 

No. 10 - WR Emmanuel Sanders - While I don't traditionally support WR numbers in the 10's, for him I'll make an exception cause he has looked great in 10 over his career. 

No. 18 - WR Brandon Powell - Best part of this is it keeps any drafted WR's from the teens, unless they change once powell gets cut. 

No. 68 - OL Bobby Hart - It works. I usually view 60's as more an interior lineman, but I don't get too picky. I want 66 saved for Dickerson or Humphrey. 

No. 80 - TE Jacob Hollister -  I like this a lot. I was worried about 85, which I wouldn't have loved, even though it's not a horrible TE Number, but 80 is a classic number that hasn't gotten any love from Bills lately. 

No. 93 - DE Efe Obada - Love this as well. I expect him to make the team, and 93 is a good number for a big long DE, without stealing 90 from a rookie DE. 

No. 4 - QB Jake Fromm - Who cares. 4 Reminds me of the time when I was convinced Brain Brohm was the savior... That one week. 

No. 15 - WR Jake Kumerow - Yuck. Mostly because he looked great in 87, but also cause I don't like 15 as a WR, Smoke not withstanding. 

No. 28 - RB Antonio Williams - I'm pro this. 35 is a strange RB number, but 28 has a lot of potential. Pretty much as 35 he had a chance to be a random guy who did some nice things occasionally, but in 28 he has a chance to be a star. 

No. 74 - OL Cody Ford - This is hard for me.... 74 is a great number for Ford, and it's a great number for a Guard in general... That being said, I'm curious why he's changing? There was a big deal about him taking Wood's number, so I don't know if this is him resetting, or what? - I guess it's his college number, so I'm okay with him getting a fresh start. I agree, this could be the step that shoots him to the stars!

No. 81 - TE Reggie Gilliam - NO! I don't like this. He looked good in 86, for one, and for two, there's just not a reason for him to take 81 from whatever draft pick we grab... Plus, i'm still mad at him for not keeping 41!

No. 90 - DT Brandin Bryant - Yuck. Get cut and give that sexy number to someone whose gonna make the team (nothing personal guy who I didn't know existed till just now) 

Trubisky DOES seem more natural in 9 than 8, now that you mention it.

My favorites, aside from Ford changing, which I already mentioned (and I'll get back to him in a minute)...

Matt Breida - 22. This is what the universe wants. I don't know what else to say. 
Jacob Hollister - 80. Yes. I look forward to having Derek Schouman flashbacks.
Efe Obada - 93. Just the perfect number for a DE/DT tweener.

Worst:

Jamil Douglas - 77. That's a tackle number.
Jake Fromm - 4. Just cut him now.
Jake Kumerow - 15. 87 was great. He ***** up.

Numbers that draft picks should get instead of the people wearing them now: 81, 90, 28 (our new CB2), 15 (our new YAC receiver. You can't have a fast, little shifty dude with a number in the 80s. Its outrageous).

As for Ford...I was trying to think of who might have had his college number when he was drafted, and I could only come up with LaAdrian Waddle. Could that by why he didn't take #74 in his rookie year? Out of deference to the vet? In any case, if it turns him from zero to hero, I'm all for it.

Oh, and Bobby Hart wearing 68 is cool, because that's a stupid number for a tackle, and it solidifies the fact that he's gonna get cut. 

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I think the Bills should petition getting a negative number for Fromm since he will not be on field unless a large negative event occurs.

On 4/15/2021 at 8:47 PM, whatdrought said:

My thoughts: 

I was wondering where is @whatdrought

Edited by billsherd