Jim McMahon says Green Bay was the best organization he ever played for and Slams The Bears organization calling it a place where QBs careers go to die

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/15/jim-mcmahon-packers-are-the-best-organization-i-played-for-bears-are-where-qbs-go-to-die/ 

kind of funny the one team he won a super bowl with as the starting QB, he hates the most lol

Woaoa!  Very harsh words from a QB who won a Superbowl with an organization:

McMahon was the Bears’ first-round draft pick in 1982, won Super Bowl XX with the 1985 Bears, and stayed in Chicago through the 1988 season. He then had stints with the Chargers, Eagles, Vikings, Cardinals and Browns before going to the Packers, where he won a Super Bowl XXXI ring as Brett Favre’s backup. McMahon said the Bears have always emphasized defense and the running game and have never been able to develop a quarterback.

“I think it’s where quarterbacks go to die,” McMahon said.

Can you imagine if a former Buffalo QB who took us to the playoffs much less the Superbowl, said that about the Bills?

McMahon isn’t much of a fan these days. Asked what the Bears should do in the draft, he said, “I don’t know, don’t watch them, don’t care. I wouldn’t know what they need or who they’re thinking of drafting.”

Yikes.

Wow. I met him once several years back at a charity silent auction here in one of the ATL 'burbs, and he was gladhanding, signing Bears memorabilia and hawking his main contribution of the night, a game worn autographed Bears jersey with nary a negative comment. Guess he kept all this bottled up inside all these years?  

oh, that's just the tau depositions  talkin!!

He meant the best organization he never played (5 pass attempts in 2 years) for.  He loved that they paid him for nothing long after he was washed up----and where his career went to die.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Could be the team won that super bowl in spite of the organization being, how did he put it...

24 minutes ago, B-Man said:

pr1R2hn.gif?noredirect

I for one am glad that this garbage is not part of the game anymore. 

I can't help but think that today's players will be much better off in terms of CTE and long-term effects of injuries due to the rule changes the league has made over the past handful of years. Sadly, it won't help guys who played before that, though. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

Bears fans and media familiar with that mid 80's era will sympathize and agree with him.  

The fact that they only won one championship with the talent they had at that time is a telltale sign of how poorly they were run.  

2 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

That poor guy got jacked up, BAD. He's all messed up now. One tough SOB though, that's for sure. He take those "boom shaka locka" type hits and bounce right back up.

good old number 94 Charles Martin.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

i remember watching some sports look back thing and ditka made all the players agree not to do personal endorsement deals, and then iron mike went out and did some himself.  he really was a look at me head coach, and his ego had buddy ryan leave and break up what could have been a huge dynasty team.

think jimmy mac may have a point here.

• Agree 2

42 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I for one am glad that this garbage is not part of the game anymore. 

I can't help but think that today's players will be much better off in terms of CTE and long-term effects of injuries due to the rule changes the league has made over the past handful of years. Sadly, it won't help guys who played before that, though. 

Say what?

These guys arrive in the NFL with CTE already cooking.

• Agree 1