Allen's availability vs covid vaccine

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Allen said he was still looking into it, if it's required for him to play I'd be very surprised if he didn't do it.

Tough spot for a player like Josh, or anyone else. I hate to put them in a spotlight and lead this discussion one way or another. That’s not fair to them in my opinion. It’s a personal thing and I hope he can manage being vague if he’s more comfortable with that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I thought I read somewhere (don't remember where for sure) that all NFL players were to get vaccinated, or something to that effect.Or it might have been something that was being considered.

I don't know if there's any truth to it or not, but I remember seeing something like that a while ago somewhere.

Anyone know anything about this? Or hear about this also? I swear I saw it somewhere. Was like at least a month or 2 ago. Would post it if could remember where the hell I saw it. 

I recall seeing a recent Josh interview where he said he was going to look further into the vaccine.  He wasn't committing to getting it one way or the other.  I suspect that after looking into it, getting information from medical personnel, etc. that he'll get vaccinated and it will be a non-issue.  Just my opinion.

Did anybody actually watch the interview or did you just read the media's BS spin on it?

He said everyone is entitled to their own opinion and he hasn't made a decision yet.

That's the perfect answer to the question. He doesn't want to get into the political debate that you all seem to want.

The same way he doesn't say "yeah the other team sucked, so we beat them by 30" I doubt you're going to hear him say "yeah of course I'm going to take the vaccine because I'm not a dumb*ss."

4 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Did anybody actually watch the interview or did you just read the media's BS spin on it?

He said everyone is entitled to their own opinion and he hasn't made a decision yet.

That's the perfect answer to the question. He doesn't want to get into the political debate that you all seem to want.

The same way he doesn't say "yeah the other team sucked, so we beat them by 30" I doubt you're going to hear him say "yeah of course I'm going to take the vaccine because I'm not a dumb*ss."

That would be a simple true statement though.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

47 minutes ago, Augie said:

Tough spot for a player like Josh, or anyone else. I hate to put them in a spotlight and lead this discussion one way or another. That’s not fair to them in my opinion. It’s a personal thing and I hope he can manage being vague if he’s more comfortable with that. 

Agree 100%. I was more disappointed that the question was asked than with Allen’s answer for sure.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

You want $40 + million per year put your big boy panties on and get the shot dude!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

Just now, ALLEN1QB said:

You want $40 + million per year put your big boy panties on and get the shot dude!!

First, we don’t know what he will or won’t ask for, but more importantly, you missed the point entirely. His position on the Covid shot, the flu shot, vegan diets or anything else like abortion, or cremation is not relevant in an interview regarding his job, IMO.  He doesn’t have to be a spokesman for one side or the other, and if he’s smart he avoids that issue. He can’t possibly WIN, so why go down that road. 

He’s a football player. Let’s talk about football. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

19 minutes ago, Augie said:

First, we don’t know what he will or won’t ask for, but more importantly, you missed the point entirely. His position on the Covid shot, the flu shot, vegan diets or anything else like abortion, or cremation is not relevant in an interview regarding his job, IMO.  He doesn’t have to be a spokesman for one side or the other, and if he’s smart he avoids that issue. He can’t possibly WIN, so why go down that road. 

He’s a football player. Let’s talk about football. 

He actually could win on this issue, if we’re being honest...  If he said he was getting the vaccine, every sports writer would post a glowing tweet while making their O face.  

WGR reporters would literally be moved to tears.  

People like myself, who aren’t getting it, could care less if he wants to get it.  We’re not going to bother him.  

Win/Win

Edited by SCBills
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, ALLEN1QB said:

I'm not the one who started the thread why are you jumping in my case

Sorry if you took it that way. That was not intended. I was just responding to your post. You assumed what he was asking for, then told him to “put your big boy panties on and get the shot”.  IMO that steps out of line.  I don’t tell my own wife to get, or not to get, a regular flu shot. It’s not my choice and I respect her. 

She also doesn’t speak to a world of fans who might be influenced. He can’t win here. I won’t criticize him if he plays it smart. 

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I would imagine that If this becomes an issue one side or the other will cave. Josh will get the vaccine if it’s not that big a deal to him, and If it is, the county will write in a nice little exception for players provided they do XY&Z. The controversy about who has to have what in their body to view a Bills game goes away real quick if there’s no reason to view a bills game. 

speak for yourself.  I would watch Bills games if the brain of JFK was behind center for us.

6 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

speak for yourself.  I would watch Bills games if the brain of JFK was behind center for us.

If Josh Allen was held out of games because of our county.. yikes.   We all know it won’t happen, but that might be a tipping point when Tom Brady cites his TB12 lifestyle, doesn’t get vaccinated, and is starting games no problem because he plays in Florida. 

2 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Anyone know anything about this? Or hear about this also? I swear I saw it somewhere. Was like at least a month or 2 ago. Would post it if could remember where the hell I saw it. 

https://www.wkrn.com/sports/nfl-wont-require-vaccine-for-players-essentially-mandates-for-coaches/

The National Football League will not require players to receive the COVID-19 vaccination, but essentially mandates it for coaches, according to a memo released by the NFL Network.

The memo states players are encouraged to receive the vaccine and to educate themselves on it, but are not required to get it.

However, coaches will have to be vaccinated if they want to be anywhere close to their team.

The memo states that an employee who refuses a COVID-19 vaccination without “bona fide medical or religious ground” will be barred from Tier 1 or Tier 2 status. In 2020, those in Tier 1 could work directly with players and were required to get daily testing. Without a legit reason for not receiving the vaccine, those who don’t get it will have limited access.

The decision to not require players to get vaccinated was decided upon by the NFL and NFLPA. The memo also directs clubs to set up vaccination sites for staff, players and eligible family members.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

https://www.wkrn.com/sports/nfl-wont-require-vaccine-for-players-essentially-mandates-for-coaches/

Basically says "tier 1 and tier 2 personnel" in the NFL, which I think includes coaches, assistants, S&C, and trainers, must be vaccinated in order to have player contact. 

That’s a bunch of crap in my mind. Nobody should be able to force you to get injected with something otherwise you aren’t entitled to your livelihood. That’s illegal, if it’s not, it should be.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

That’s a bunch of crap in my mind. Nobody should be able to force you to get injected with something otherwise you aren’t entitled to your livelihood. That’s illegal, if it’s not, it should be.

The history and scope of United States Public Health policy with regard to vaccines is probably beyond the scope of Football discussion here.  In short, mandatory vaccination laws have been being passed by local and state governments since Boston mandated smallpox vaccination in 1809.  The Supreme Court has repeatedly upheld including for schoolchildren and for employers, with exemptions for legitimate medical and religious reasons. 

There is apparently debate about whether the Emergency Use Authorization status impacts this, for example here and here

There are many other places on the Interweb where you could scratch the itch to explain why that's a "bunch of crap" or get into the weeds of this history and the legal decisions, so please go there if you must, including the PPP forum here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The history and scope of United States Public Health policy with regard to vaccines is probably beyond the scope of Football discussion here.  In short, mandatory vaccination laws have been being passed by local and state governments since Boston mandated smallpox vaccination in 1809.  The Supreme Court has repeatedly upheld including for schoolchildren and for employers, with exemptions for legitimate medical and religious reasons. 

There is apparently debate about whether the Emergency Use Authorization status impacts this, for example here and here

There are many other places on the Interweb where you could scratch the itch to explain why that's a "bunch of crap" or get into the weeds of this history and the legal decisions, so please go there if you must, including the PPP forum here.

History News Network?   Yikes.  About as reliable as Brietbart or MSNBC.

• Eyeroll 1