Brownies sign Clowney

20 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

People were saying similar things about the Bucs last offseason with all their collection of “individual talent”. 

Again, the Bucs did the same thing.... worked out pretty well for them. Then again, I think Brady has that effect on a locker room. 

Still, my point is in the end talent trumps everything. 

I strongly disagree that in the end talent trumps everything.

The Patriots also took gambles on bad locker room talents when they had Brady and it almost always worked out. Antonio Brown, Randy Moss, etc.

It worked out because they had the greatest QB of all time. Not Baker Mayfield.

There are endless examples of teams that FAILED despite having a ton of talent.

Remember Philly's "Dream Team" that ended up having a losing record?

I can think of several teams that "won the offseason" and had a losing record due to lack of team players and culture.

Edited by Rigotz

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Has any player who was never coming to the Bills ever generated so many threads and thread pages?

I'm asking for a friend  before he  starts the next Clowney thread.

3 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

JJ Watt? Well guess you can say it was possible he'd be a Bills. Many thought he was anyways,

If TSW is 'Blazing Saddles':

✔️ Clowney is Mongo.

✔️ Watt is 🎶Randolph Scott🎵

On 4/14/2021 at 1:35 PM, BarleyNY said:

You’ve not been following the Browns under Stefanski and Berry then.  Beane, McD and the Bills have deserved their accolades.  They changed the culture, turned the team around - they and did it quickly.  Those same accolades are going to be  given to the Browns org this year and next.  They made an incredible turnaround in a single year.  Year 2 looks to be moving in the same direction as last year.  

Big time culture turnaround:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/15/browns-players-we-stand-in-solidarity-by-exercising-right-not-to-attend-in-person-work/

• Eyeroll 1

22 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Agreed. Would’ve liked the Bills to take this gamble... But your right. As long as Allen plays like he did last season and doesn’t regress Bills>Browns.... unless Mayfield takes another step forward then the Browns may be the better team....outside of QB they have a more talented roster, IMO. 

I don't agree about the Browns being a more talented roster by any stretch of the imagination, but I doubt I'll convince you that a lot of our good players are good, so hopefully we see how it goes during the season. 

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

JC Tretter is the President of the NFLPA.  Seems like his teammates have his back.  Or he is theirs.  In any event, that’s 7 teams that have publicly stated what they just did.  Expect it to be league wide- and that would include the Bills. 

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Not without their back 7 getting better. Now as @BarleyNY has articulated they could take a decent jump there but they need to if they have aspirations to win the AFC. They ain't playing in a Superbowl giving up 34 points or more 7 times next season. 

They did make some moves to help out the secondary and LB corps in free agency. Mainly John Johnson and Troy Hill should help that secondary, add in the possibility of adding an LB early in the draft and I think they can for sure make some noise in the AFC.

15 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

They did make some moves to help out the secondary and LB corps in free agency. Mainly John Johnson and Troy Hill should help that secondary, add in the possibility of adding an LB early in the draft and I think they can for sure make some noise in the AFC.

That, and the last 2 2nd rounders were secondary players that missed all of last year.

Delpit was the Thorpe award winner in 19, and Greedy Williams was decent as a rookie the year before.

Edited by cle23

This man has made an entire career out of one hit in college where the Michigan slappy forgot to buckle his chin strap and his helmet popped off. He’s decent against the run but he can’t consistently stay healthy or consistently get to the QB. I’m surprised he signed before TC. He usually waits which is why he’s always injured and out of shape. 

25 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This man has made an entire career out of one hit in college where the Michigan slappy forgot to buckle his chin strap and his helmet popped off. He’s decent against the run but he can’t consistently stay healthy or consistently get to the QB. I’m surprised he signed before TC. He usually waits which is why he’s always injured and out of shape. 

I agree. Although I have said will be curious to see how he does with Garrett and few other better players around him, I really don't expect much of a difference from him. If any at all.