Brownies sign Clowney

20 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I wonder what a typical person's actual Madden rating would be?

Somehow the Browns can sign everyone in the world and still have vast amounts of salary cap space. 

The Browns have burned through their massive carryover.  Prior to the Clowney signing they are are running third on Top 51 cap spending.  They should be #1 after Clowney’s numbers come in. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

The Browns have burned through their massive carryover.  Prior to the Clowney signing they are are running third on Top 51 cap spending.  They should be #1 after Clowney’s numbers come in. 

Yep.  I was checking out the AFC Playoff caliber teams for next years cap and FAs and CLE is not in great shape at all.

Their big carryover years are done.  Then they got to pay Baker just like the Bills have to pay Allen.

• Agree 1

I think it’s a great signing for them. Clowney has shown flashes when he’s not the main guy. Having Garrett opposite him will be a big deal. 
I have never liked the guy much, he seems like a minimum effort player to me who only turns it on a couple times a year. But for Cleveland it wasn’t a big risk to pair him with Garrett. For us is a different story, he’d have to be the main guy here, and we can’t afford too many more misses on edge players. All that said I’d be shocked if clowney plays 8-10 games for them. 

6 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Why all these anti-Browns comments. They beat the Steelers on the road in a lopsided game when the Bills beat them at home in a fairly close game. Which team played the Chiefs better?  

which team made it to the afc championship game?

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Why all these anti-Browns comments. They beat the Steelers on the road in a lopsided game when the Bills beat them at home in a fairly close game. Which team played the Chiefs better?  

Steelers LOL.  First the Bills won by 11 and the 2 season games the Browns lost the 1st by 31 and won the 2nd by 2.

Browns are decent football team and will be better than the Steelers this year but it still doesn't mean some of us can't laugh at them.

• Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

The Browns were sitting home watching the Bills... GL with your Browns fandom.

4 hours ago, TBBills said:

Going to be funny watching the Browns nosedive this year. They never should have made the playoffs last year.

Maybe, but they do have a good team when everyone is healthy. I don't think they beat Baltimore for the division but will likely be a WC contender. Last year can definitely serve as  motivation for a young team with talent.

25 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

I think there is a very good chance the AFC Title Game this season will be the Battle of Lake Erie.

Nah. Don't see it.

KC/ Bills are the top tier

Bal, Cle, Tenn, Miami, Colts are 2nd tier Cinderella hopefuls.

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Indeed. Browns and Miami are the offseason darlings every year. And then the season starts and they STINK.

I don't think so. I mean yeah they make noise in the offseason but both are building around top QB's finally. Both teams look to be AFC contenders. Miami still has work to do developing QB so they're a little behind. Cleveland is there now. 

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

That is a LOT of chedder for a player that hasnt had a sack (and not a lot of them) since 2019.

Hard pass....HARD pass

Good on Clowney for getting all the money they can.....but this is the kind of signing where Browns fans are screaming "What did I pay for" by the end of the season.....

but hey....its not our money

People say this every year......and every year they find a way to not get it done

Every year? It's about building. They've been building right the last 3 years. Coaching and structure is so important. You have to get that right before winning. Talent then takes you to a Super Bowl. 

13 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don't think so. I mean yeah they make noise in the offseason but both are building around top QB's finally. Both teams look to be AFC contenders. Miami still has work to do developing QB so they're a little behind. Cleveland is there now. 

Every year? It's about building. They've been building right the last 3 years. Coaching and structure is so important. You have to get that right before winning. Talent then takes you to a Super Bowl. 

Every year for some years now.......the browns have been this favorite to be the team that takes the next step....and every year they are not.

They are just guessing the wrong blue collar team......but ppl are starting to get on board now

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Talent actualized takes you to a Super Bowl. Clowney clearly hasn’t done that!