Brownies sign Clowney

Just now, teef said:

Are you one of those posters who can’t handle the bills’ success?

Love the Bills success. 
Just don’t understand other posters points about the Browns who gave the Chiefs all they could handle.

One can make the argument that at least pre-draft the Bills are no better than the team they had in 2020. They did a great job of bringing people back, but are they a better team? I think they are a little better on the DL, depth on OL seems a bit better, and at WR they may be better at WR#2 (at least less injury prone).

I think most would agree the Browns are a better team on paper than they were in 2020.  They have addressed their biggest weakness in the secondary with one of the best free agent signings this off-season.

Garrett may be the best defender in AFC but in the end Allen is a better QB than Mayfield and that matters most.

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Agreed. Would’ve liked the Bills to take this gamble... But your right. As long as Allen plays like he did last season and doesn’t regress Bills>Browns.... unless Mayfield takes another step forward then the Browns may be the better team....outside of QB they have a more talented roster, IMO. 

Dude    please don't tell me you think OBJ is better than Diggs.

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I don’t. OBJ is often injuries and hasn’t been the same for a couple years....but if he regains form I’d take their skills group over the Bills collection hands down.... as I said, the difference between the two teams is at QB. If Josh Allen wasn’t so dynamic I’d bet the Browns to be the better team next season. 

OK then.  I give the nod to the overall WR room to the Bills and the RB and TE rooms to the Browns.

Let's remember though the Browns use a lot of treasure on their RBs.

20 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

OK then.  I give the nod to the overall WR room to the Bills and the RB and TE rooms to the Browns.

Let's remember though the Browns use a lot of treasure on their RBs.

Use a lot of treasure?

57 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

People were saying similar things about the Bucs last offseason with all their collection of “individual talent”. 

No b.c they had Brady and that is all that matters when it comes to leadership. Faker Mayfield is nothing.

Edited by TBBills

2 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I think it’s a great signing for them. Clowney has shown flashes when he’s not the main guy. Having Garrett opposite him will be a big deal. 
I have never liked the guy much, he seems like a minimum effort player to me who only turns it on a couple times a year. But for Cleveland it wasn’t a big risk to pair him with Garrett. For us is a different story, he’d have to be the main guy here, and we can’t afford too many more misses on edge players. All that said I’d be shocked if clowney plays 8-10 games for them. 

Yeah, I will be curious to see how he does with Garrett and co. You're right, it could definitely make a difference with those better impact players around him. Seattle's D was just terrible from top to bottom, with the Texans he had a little better surrounding cast, but not as good as the Browns have. 

So that's a good point and will be keeping an eye on that.

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Why all these anti-Browns comments. They beat the Steelers on the road in a lopsided game when the Bills beat them at home in a fairly close game. Which team played the Chiefs better?  

True but it's safe to say Steelers were not a good team last quarter of the season. Not sure what happened but was night and day difference from 1st like 12 games compared to the last few.

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

The Browns will finally rise above the Steelers in the division this year.

Not that big of a thing because the Bengals will pass the Steelers in 2022.

Maybe, but Ravens will be in that mix by all means also. Can't count them out of it for sure.

7 hours ago, Logic said:

Clowney had zero sacks last year.

He has 12 sacks in the last three years COMBINED.

He has played a full 16-game season just ONCE in his seven year career.

I have never seen such an overhyped player in my life. He's still making a living off of one amazing college play and a really cool name.

This was a very.....Logic-al response.  

6 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

He will have 3-5 sacks next season and disrupt 10-12 passes. Is that worth $10 million? I am honestly not sure, but I don’t think so. 

Weed?

I don't know. I'm curious to see how he does with Garrett and few good players around him. 

• Like (+1) 1

the problem with dlinemen like this is that they can actually be useful in the playoffs, look at a guy like jpp or suh or other mercenaries who have all the talent in the world but not the motivation to be great.

But pay em 10 mil for a year and let them do whatever they want during the regular season then when you make the playoffs they actually try, so for teams who know they are gonna make the playoffs and need someone to collapse the middle(suh) or someone to come off the edge(jpp, clown, etc.) it can be worth it.

9 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Beane's strategy in FA this season for other team's players - wait for every team to sign players for $$$ - and then offer the minimum to whoever is left. So, Houston and Ingram are still left in the Edge market.

get them both!!

• Like (+1) 1