Brownies sign Clowney

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Clowney had zero sacks last year.

He has 12 sacks in the last three years COMBINED.

He has played a full 16-game season just ONCE in his seven year career.

I have never seen such an overhyped player in my life. He's still making a living off of one amazing college play and a really cool name.

Totally agree. I am so glad we have not signed him or traded for him the last few years he has been available and fans have been wanting him.

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

I have never seen such an overhyped player in my life. He's still making a living off of one amazing college play and a really cool name.

He’s a plus defender in the NFL.  And he got a 1 year deal. 

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

He’s a plus defender in the NFL.  And he got a 1 year deal. 

You left out the part where they're paying $10 million for a chronically injured player who has less sacks than Mario Addison the past three years.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Logic said:

I dunno about the one amazing college play but I tend to agree about his NFL record.  Has not lived up to his billing.

But on a 1 year deal, maybe he'll "turn it on" for a payday

I don't think that's who the Bills are looking for right now.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Browns are a very talented team. Top 3 roster.

Might be a top 3 roster, but it’s a bottom 3 locker room.

Clowney is SUCH a Browns pick. All the talent in the world but is the opposite of a “process” guy. 

The Bills have players on their roster that will die for each other. The Browns have great individual talent. I will pick the “team” every time over the mercenaries.

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Might be a top 3 roster, but it’s a bottom 3 locker room.

Clowney is SUCH a Browns pick. All the talent in the world but is the opposite of a “process” guy. 

The Bills have players on their roster that will die for each other. The Browns have great individual talent. I will pick the “team” every time over the mercenaries.

You’ve not been following the Browns under Stefanski and Berry then.  Beane, McD and the Bills have deserved their accolades.  They changed the culture, turned the team around - they and did it quickly.  Those same accolades are going to be  given to the Browns org this year and next.  They made an incredible turnaround in a single year.  Year 2 looks to be moving in the same direction as last year.  

As for Clowney, he’s a perfect schematic fit for them.  DE for rushing downs and contain on QBs like Lamar, DT on passing downs with Takk McKinley taking his DE spot. With Myles Garrett on the line there teams will have to decide whom to double team.  On a Bills draft note the Browns now have CB2, LB and Speed X WR as their top needs.  The Bills needs overlap on the first and last and the Browns pick four spots earlier.

• Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, FireChans said:

It’s a one year deal.

Teams with the most cap space at the end of the season don’t get an award.

No they usually sit watching other teams, same with those who overpay just to use up cap space.

3 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

You’ve not been following the Browns under Stefanski and Berry then.  Beane, McD and the Bills have deserved their accolades.  They changed the culture, turned the team around - they and did it quickly.  Those same accolades are going to be  given to the Browns org this year and next.  They made an incredible turnaround in a single year.  Year 2 looks to be moving in the same direction as last year.  

As for Clowney, he’s a perfect schematic fit for them.  DE for rushing downs and contain on QBs like Lamar, DT on passing downs with Takk McKinley taking his DE spot. With Myles Garrett on the line there teams will have to decide whom to double team.  On a Bills draft note the Browns now have CB2, LB and Speed X WR as their top needs.  The Bills needs overlap on the first and last and the Browns pick four spots earlier.

Browns suck and they always will.

Edited by TBBills
  • Eyeroll 1

he's good (not great) when he's healthy, but ya he gets banged up.

clevland has so many super stars.  mayfield, obj, chubb, garrett, now clowney, and some other really talented guys too.

very athletic team w a good Oline.  might not be consistent over the course of a season, but any given game/drive/play they could do something.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, colin said:

he's good (not great) when he's healthy, but ya he gets banged up.

clevland has so many super stars.  mayfield, obj, chubb, garrett, now clowney, and some other really talented guys too.

very athletic team w a good Oline.  might not be consistent over the course of a season, but any given game/drive/play they could do something.

I honestly wouldn’t even say he’s good at this point. Dude literally did next to nothing the last two years while in Tennessee and had zero sacks last year. I think it’s fair at this point to call him a bust

Edited by BuffaloBills1998