Brownies sign Clowney

1 minute ago, mushypeaches said:

Good for Cleveland

I wouldn't touch that guy with a 39 1/2 foot pole

there were a couple of browns fans who called into sirius nfl to take about the potential signing yesterday, and they seemed to want nothing to do with him as well.  one called went as far to say he would be disruptive to what they've built. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Well it's more like $8M. Which is less than what we paid Murphy and Addison, so a decent deal.

Atleast Murphy and Addison put forth the effort, Clowney doesn’t even try. Guys gone his whole career overrating himself because of one play he did back in college. He’s proven he wasn’t worth the first overall 

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 2

Maybe a missed opportunity for us, certainly a decent signing for the Browns who have a very good roster and direction now. I think they will be right there with the Bills and Chiefs in the battle for the AFC and we are getting thin on options to bolster our pass rush.  A little puzzling given we have known since the AFC championship game that this is our major defensive weakness and gap separating us from the Chiefs. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 2

Clowney had zero sacks last year.

He has 12 sacks in the last three years COMBINED.

He has played a full 16-game season just ONCE in his seven year career.

I have never seen such an overhyped player in my life. He's still making a living off of one amazing college play and a really cool name.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 9
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

18 minutes ago, Logic said:

Clowney had zero sacks last year.
He has 12 sacks in the last three years COMBINED.
He has played a full 16-game season just ONCE in his seven year career.

I have never seen such an overhyped player in my life. He's still making a living off of one amazing college play and a really cool name.

Where he was completely unblocked......

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 2