Aaron Donald facing assault charges for attacking a guy in Pittsburgh [Update: mistake, apology issued]

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I think the real insane person here is Donald, for getting suckered into this situation when he should be way above this type of stuff. Someone bumps you and spills your drink? Laugh in their face and buy a round for the entire bar. THAT is the alpha move.

Fighting is win-win for the guy and lose-lose for Donald(or any pro athlete for that matter).

Guy wins the fight, he gets to say he beat up Aaron Donald.

Guy loses the fight, he goes after some of Donald's $135M.

Donald wins fight, no one cares. You're a pro football player, of course you can beat someone up. You look like a bully. Enjoy your lawsuit.

Donald loses the fight, looks like a wuss.

I remember running into Rob Ray at the Pier back in the day and we chatted for a bit. And then he was like (paraphrasing) "Ok, time for me to go. There's enough drunk people here where someone is about to pick a fight with me, and there's no good outcome for me." Apparently, being famous for being a fighter is a real pain in the ass when you want to go to a bar, because every drunk idiot wants a "shot at the title", and no matter what happens the pro athlete has nothing to win and always loses in someway.

Very embarrassing for an ex-UFC Champ.  He ended up beating the hell out of him later but still got hit by a haymaker.

4 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

Someone is going to Hell for this and I'm going with them after laughing as hard as I did.

Twitter wins.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/14/2021 at 11:48 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

Without having all the facts....

My initial reaction is to side with Donald.

I don't see him as a guy that would just attack someone for no reason.  

Thinking it's a money grab right now but we'll see when the facts come out.

Score one for the wait and see crowd. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Picture this: 

This gentleman holds a press conference to admit that he lied about Donald. As his confession comes to a close the floor suddenly gives out and he falls through a trap door into a dark slide tunnel. He falls, yelling on the way down, and lands on a soft surface in the dark. He yells out asking what’s happening and a voice comes over a PA system “lies have consequences mr. *insert name*. The consequence of this lie is that the lie comes true...”

the lights come on and he finds himself in an octagon, he frantically gets to his feet and turns around to see Aaron Donald wearing boxing shorts and cracking his neck.

the camera pans outside to the sound of a grown man screaming a high pitched scream. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

So basically this guy thought he could get some money and didn't realize it was caught on cam like everything is anymore.

I think he should be punished by actually letting AD hit him.

Its one of the few times I wish there really was a god with heaven and hell.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 2

This Spriggs guy is a piece of *****.  Was a drunk idiot in the bar, then again outside the bar and tried to get a pay day.  He wasn’t mistaken, he knew exactly what he was doing.  He just didn’t know it was on camera.  He had plenty of time to think through this.  

I hate people 

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/14/2021 at 11:11 AM, TBBills said:

Aaron Donald- Superstar

Not a problem

No not if he was not puncher but some will just assume he is guilty and will get off because a Superstar.

On 4/14/2021 at 11:26 AM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Like others I’d like to hear the whole story.  Maybe Donald is a raging lunatic and just attacked this guy randomly without cause...doubt it.  I’m sure this guy did something to provoke Donald.  Not saying he deserved the ass whoopin necessarily, but these things are rarely just random assaults.  Likely big payday regardless for the big fella.

Whole story appears out.  Media jumped on it and blew it up to get hits.

On 4/14/2021 at 11:30 AM, Patrick_Duffy said:

Damn, eye got dotted hard core.....suspension coming I assume

For Spriggs maybe.

On 4/14/2021 at 1:33 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I guess to put it another way, if I were in a fight even if it looked like I got the worst of it and the other guy would be charged, I would probably look for a lawyer to safeguard my interests - whether or not I had plans to sue in civil court

Good idea.

On 4/15/2021 at 4:54 AM, machine gun kelly said:

Hap, it s not after 2am, it’s midnight is what I was taught.  I hate being out that late and forget about driving home.  You take you’re life into you’re own hands at that hour.

I don’t care what the guy did as I don’t doubt he provoked Donald, but he shouldn’t hit him even once.  Donald easily could’ve shoved him back (god knows he throws guards around like rag dolls and those guys are over 300 lbs.) and left the bar calling the police.

Im making a lot of assumptions, but both in a perfect world are charged with assault and battery and the other guy does not get a payout if he started it.  I don’t know if the NFL would suspend him for the act, but I’m sure they’ll do their own investigation.

They will but in perfect world Donald does not charged since he did not fight.

Attorney says client mistook Rams' Aaron Donald for attacker, apologizes

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31273196/attorney-says-client-mistook-rams-aaron-donald-attacker-apologizes

White said they have obtained at least five witness accounts and have others who have come forward willing to provide statements. White also said that video surveillance from the area did not show Donald assaulting Spriggs and that Donald eventually helped pull people away from Spriggs.

"Aaron actually runs over to [Spriggs'] aid and starts pulling people off of this guy," White said. "He's trying to get these kids off Spriggs. He gets at least two or three people off of Spriggs, and at that point in time, somebody grabs Aaron and says, 'This is not a good situation, let's get the heck out of here.'"

Good guy, smart friend.

Please update title: Aaron Darnold innocent, mistaken identity

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Aaron Donald facing assault charges for attacking a guy in Pittsburgh [Update: mistake, apology issued]