Aaron Donald facing assault charges for attacking a guy in Pittsburgh [Update: mistake, apology issued]

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Says a guy who didn't watch lots of prime time Bills games in the early hours of the morning last season...... 😁

Painting the picture of GB with the lights down low at 4 am watching a Stefon Diggs pregame promo is considered too graphic for TBD. You’re on the list!

• Haha (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Nothing is more irritating than a guy running his mouth and then suing after he gets his ass beaten.

Just like Spencer Jones at Oklahoma.  They were the aggressor and now suing the MMA fighters after getting beaten down?

I thought the issue at this point was criminal charges for assault, not filing a lawsuit.  Do you have a link about a lawsuit being filed?

As for the Boomer Sooner or Schooner, the DA declined to file charges against any of them.   I put an update in the relevant thread.

I guess Jones can sue if he wants, but I haven't heard if he is or not. 

1 minute ago, Pete said:

morning sex and child birth

Well both of those are best conducted in settings other than a bar

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

From TMZ Sports front page:

https://www.tmz.com/sports/

Excerpt:

"8:54 AM PT -- We just spoke with attorney Todd Hollis who spelled out the allegations against Donald -- saying it all started when Spriggs accidentally bumped into Donald inside of a nightclub. 

Hollis says both parties were asked to leave the club -- and Donald got aggressive with Spriggs outside ... ultimately attacking the guy.

Hollis says he has submitted a "formalized statement" to cops -- and told us his client is seeking a criminal investigation into Donald."

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I thought the issue at this point was criminal charges for assault, not filing a lawsuit.  Do you have a link about a lawsuit being filed?

As for the Boomer Sooner or Schooner, the DA declined to file charges against any of them.   I put an update in the relevant thread.

If you haven’t delivered a child after 6 beer buckets of light beer at the Libation Station, you ain’t living.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, chongli said:

From TMZ Sports front page:

https://www.tmz.com/sports/

Excerpt:

"8:54 AM PT -- We just spoke with attorney Todd Hollis who spelled out the allegations against Donald -- saying it all started when Spriggs accidentally bumped into Donald inside of a nightclub. 

Hollis says both parties were asked to leave the club -- and Donald got aggressive with Spriggs outside ... ultimately attacking the guy.

Hollis says he has submitted a "formalized statement" to cops -- and told us his client is seeking a criminal investigation into Donald."

oh at least it happened for a valid reason.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Without having all the facts....

My initial reaction is to side with Donald.

I don't see him as a guy that would just attack someone for no reason.  

Thinking it's a money grab right now but we'll see when the facts come out.

You mean, without having any facts at all? I just don't get why people allow themselves to make snap judgements like this. Just wait for some information.

20 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I haven't heard of an update about Spencer Jones....thanks for that.

I think a lawsuit will be followed after the assault charges for Donald....would the "victim" get a Lawyer if that wasn't the intention?

1 minute ago, MJS said:

You mean, without having any facts at all? I just don't get why people allow themselves to make snap judgements like this. Just wait for some information.

It's a message board and not a court of law....I think its okay to express an initial opinion.  

If Donald was the aggressor, then he should be punished pretty harshly.

If this was a money grab, then I hope the "victim" is in pain for a very long time.

23 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I haven't heard of an update about Spencer Jones....thanks for that.

I think a lawsuit will be followed after the assault charges for Donald....would the "victim" get a Lawyer if that wasn't the intention?

Well, in any altercation, there's a chance that either or both parties may face charges.

In the "boomer sooner" thing, the MMA guys were advised to get a lawyer....I could be wrong, but I don't think that was because they planned to sue, I think it was because they were advised they themselves could be charged with assault, and they needed to make sure they didn't mis-step and screw themselves and that they had all the evidence to defend themselves.

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, in any altercation, there's a chance that either or both parties may face charges.

In the "boomer sooner" thing, the MMA guys were advised to get a lawyer....I could be wrong, but I don't think that was because they planned to sue, I think it was because they were advised they themselves could be charged with assault, and they needed to make sure they didn't mis-step and screw themselves and that they had all the evidence to defend themselves.

I understand the MMA guys.

Was wondering about this latest guy.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I understand the MMA guys.

Was wondering about this latest guy.

I guess to put it another way, if I were in a fight even if it looked like I got the worst of it and the other guy would be charged, I would probably look for a lawyer to safeguard my interests - whether or not I had plans to sue in civil court

• Like (+1) 1

if they both got tossed from an after hours place, makes me think there might be a first over advantage for dude w the mouse on his eye, and darnold might get in some trouble.

if he gets say suspended for 4 games, does he lose his checks for those?  given what he makes, and if this guy in the pic can sue him for some money too, this little fisticuff could cost darnold like 5MM plus!

that's insane!

1 hour ago, MJS said:

It's a personality trait.  Highly subjective personalities tend to believe that they can intuit snap judgments and have no concern for a lack of facts or evidence.  At the opposite end of the spectrum, you have highly objective people who obsess over details and can't get to the conclusion part to save their lives.

As usual, it's always better in the middle, unless you are in a situation that benefits from snap judgments or an overabundance of caution.

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBob said:

It's a personality trait.  Highly subjective personalities tend to believe that they can intuit snap judgments and have no concern for a lack of facts or evidence.  At the opposite end of the spectrum, you have highly objective people who obsess over details and can't get to the conclusion part to save their lives.

As usual, it's always better in the middle, unless you are in a situation that benefits from snap judgments or an overabundance of caution.

Well, I've noticed that it is the famous person who always gets the benefit of the doubt. It's always a money grab. These snap judgements are pretty dang predictable.